Just got an email saying our docking at Nassau in August was changed from 8AM to 12PM.

3 minutes ago, AspiringCindy said:

I have an excursion for Blue Lagoon that day. Do they ever change the time back to it's original, or are we truly arriving at 12? Also, can I get a refund because now it's not worth it!!

Once changed it is extremely rare that it ever changes back.

If you booked prior to March 31, 2022 then you can cancel under CWC and get an FCC but not a refund.

If you booked after March 31 then regular cancellation penalties apply.

If you want to cancel your excursion to blue lagoon, yes you simply cancel order on your cruise planner and will be refunded to your credit card.

Docking at 12 and probably off by 1230 or 1 to board ferry to blue lagoon which is another 30 to 45 minutes ride would give you about 2 maybe 3 hrs on blue lagoon.   I think the last ferry leaves between 4 or 5 pm.

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Once changed it is extremely rare that it ever changes back.

If you booked prior to March 31, 2022 then you can cancel under CWC and get an FCC but not a refund.

If you booked after March 31 then regular cancellation penalties apply.

I think they are asking about a refund for the BL excursion, not the cruise.

@AspiringCindy: If you booked the excursion via Royal, you can cancel for a refund via the cruise planner.  If you booked private, you will need to read the cancellation terms.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, AspiringCindy said:

I have booked through the cruise planner. How would I verify this change? Even though I received an Email, the RCCL site still says 8:00AM.

When are you sailing?  If you're at least a couple of weeks out, I'd wait to see if the site reconciles with the info in your email.  If it does, I would expect RCCL would cancel your excursion.  I believe your can cancel excursions up to 48 hours prior to sailing(?)

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, AspiringCindy said:

I have booked through the cruise planner. How would I verify this change? Even though I received an Email, the RCCL site still says 8:00AM.

Their website may not be updated yet.    Is this for Oasis sailing on 8.21?   Did others on roll call receive same email?

Did they update the time on their app yet?

You can wait and see and if your email is correct you can cancel on cruise planner but do it no later than Wednesday or Thursday the week before your sailing

Or you can wait until onboard then you will probably receive as OBC as long as you cancel 24 hrs before arrival in Nassau.

Did the email give you a reason why changing time?

I'm on the 8.28 sailing and hope they don't change our time.

58 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Their website may not be updated yet.    Is this for Oasis sailing on 8.21?   Did others on roll call receive same email?

Did they update the time on their app yet?

You can wait and see and if your email is correct you can cancel on cruise planner but do it no later than Wednesday or Thursday the week before your sailing

Or you can wait until onboard then you will probably receive as OBC as long as you cancel 24 hrs before arrival in Nassau.

Did the email give you a reason why changing time?

I'm on the 8.28 sailing and hope they don't change our time.

Can I find it on the app?

3 hours ago, AspiringCindy said:

Go by the email and not the website or app.  IT is notoriously slow to update the website

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Go by the email and not the website or app.  IT is notoriously slow to update the website

Sorry Off topic because I can't DM/PM you.

"03/2023: Oasis - Bella cruise"

What is Bella Cruise, besides Tom's daughter?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AspiringCindy said:

Can I find it on the app?

Go to your sailing and scroll to whichever day you are scheduled to be in Nassau and see if shows time of arrival.     But as said that may not be updated yet.      

What exactly did your email say?      did it give a reason for the late docking?

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Go to your sailing and scroll to whichever day you are scheduled to be in Nassau and see if shows time of arrival.     But as said that may not be updated yet.      

What exactly did your email say?      did it give a reason for the late docking?

And is it a late docking or a change in excursion time as mentioned by another poster?

Nassau is in a constant state of flux with all the construction going on.  They're probably trying to avoid cancelling completely as they are probably rotating two ships in that day for one space.  Problem with construction like that is schedules change due to other issues-weather delays, supplies, etc.   We were there in April and there were only 3 ships in.  They were doing construction on the piers that weren't occupied.  Not building them, but doing finish type work.  

1 hour ago, AspiringCindy said:

I went ahead and cancelled! Honestly, it doesn't really matter if Royal is docking late or the excursion changed its time. Bottom line!...I'm not paying close to $200 for 2 hours of beachtime!

Hopefully you will make to Blue Lagoon another time.      You could always walk to Junkanoo Beach (10 to 15 min from pier) and rent a lounge chair for $10.     Or you could take the ferry over to Paradise Island and wander around and go to the beach there.   

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Hopefully you will make to Blue Lagoon another time.      You could always walk to Junkanoo Beach (10 to 15 min from pier) and rent a lounge chair for $10.     Or you could take the ferry over to Paradise Island and wander around and go to the beach there.   

That's exactly what I'll do. I'm cruising on Oasis again early next summer, however they are not arriving to Nassau until 1:00 according to the itinerary. I've cruised to nassau atleast 10 times...and I can't seem to make it to Blue Lagoon! I guess its just not in the cards!

This is the email I recrived

Logo
We’ve been working behind the scenes
And have updated your cruise plans. You don’t need to do anything – just sit back, relax, and get in vacation mode.

Order # 01190752 Date 11/26/2021
Blue Lagoon Island Deluxe Beach Break

Day changed to Day 5 - Nassau, Bahamas
Time changed to 12:00 PM

Additional charges $0.00
View order details

26 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

Is someone bringing a starfish?

I'm waiting for someone to ask what that means.  There are less and less of us that remember that epic thread.