Certificate of Recovery Clarification

zodiac1

Once I get a Certificate of Recovery, do I show up at the cruise terminal with it, along with my vaccination document?  Or, do I need to submit it to Celebrity in advance of my cruise.

1 hour ago, zodiac1 said:

Once I get a Certificate of Recovery, do I show up at the cruise terminal with it, along with my vaccination document?  Or, do I need to submit it to Celebrity in advance of my cruise.

You show up.  Just remember that some destinations do not accept CORs and there are very specific rules as to the format and dates AND the rules are changing daily. 

Not everyone has a PCR test as many just did a self test and went to doctor.   Our doctor did not requir one and prescribed RX and we went to his office afterwards before he would issue the COR.   The COR has all the dates from infection to recovery within the COR.  How does one get these COR doc into system prior to travel?

5 hours ago, SbbquilterUT said:

From what we saw they also need a copy of your positive PCR test to verify the date.  I would also take the antigen test and see if it is negative - then no issues with accepting the COR.

On July 1 they modified this to include either a positive PCR or Antigen test.   In addition the COR has to be issued 11 days after the Positive test date.

I've been working on mine and my contact at Celebrity confirmed.   It was also indicated that I would have to take the B2B testing between each of my cruises but if I tested Positive the COR would cover me to continue.  

• Like 1

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/faqs

Sailings departing on or after March 18, 2022, Celebrity is now accepting a Certificate of Recovery. We will not accept a Certificate of Recovery in place of a vaccination record. Guests must continue to show proof of full vaccination where required based on age, with the final dose of their vaccine administered at least 14 days prior to sailing. 

A Certificate of Recovery must meet the following requirements: 

• Be on official letterhead from a healthcare provider, public health official or telehealth provider showing:
    1. The Provider’s name
    2. The Provider’s address
    3. The Provider’s phone number
    4. Confirmation of your recovery and completion of isolation
  • Be typed (not handwritten) and signed by the provide
  • Date of validity must extend throughout the duration of your cruise
  • Include a positive result document for a COVID-19 test, either PCR or Antigen testtaken a minimum of 11 days and a maximum of 90 days before the departure date of your cruise.
  •  
  • The test results document from your test provider must include the name of the lab that processed the test, the lab’s CLIA Lab Number or Certification Number, the address of the lab, your name, the date the test was taken, type of test, and your positive result. This can be a printed document, email, or telehealth app notification. Fully handwritten doctor’s notes (such as those written on a prescription pad) will not be accepted. Minimal handwritten components (such as a check mark on a “positive” box) are acceptable as long as the other required information is printed on the document.
Edited by Jim_Iain

Thanks to all for their information.  I tested positive on July 18 and am sailing on the Summit on a b2b cruise starting August 7.  I'm planning on getting the rapid antigen test but with also have the COR just in case I'm still testing positive.

My wife tested positive two weeks ago, is asymptomatic, and her test Monday is still positive. With her COR, our TA called Celebrity and was told "Absolutely not." 

Seems not everyone at Celebrity is on the same page. I'm planning to call myself.

For reference, we're booked on an Aug 1 Apex sailing, so time is running out.

14 hours ago, zodiac1 said:

Thanks to all for their information.  I tested positive on July 18 and am sailing on the Summit on a b2b cruise starting August 7.  I'm planning on getting the rapid antigen test but with also have the COR just in case I'm still testing positive.

Make sure you get a monitored test with Positive Results as that is required along with the COR.

13 hours ago, Maligator said:

My wife tested positive two weeks ago, is asymptomatic, and her test Monday is still positive. With her COR, our TA called Celebrity and was told "Absolutely not." 

Seems not everyone at Celebrity is on the same page. I'm planning to call myself.

For reference, we're booked on an Aug 1 Apex sailing, so time is running out.

I would call again and ask to speak to a Supervisor.    I got my answer out of a contact at the executive office and a second one from a Concierge from the Engagement Center that processed my last claim. 

I might leave out that your still testing positive as that isn't important for a COR use.   The reason for a COR is that some people continue to test positive up to 9 months after having Covid. 

As a guide post when coming back to the U.S. (testing was still required).   I continued to test positive for 11 day (very light pink).   The doctor said that after 5 days I would be released from quarantine and considered to be non-contageous.   The COR requires 11 days after first tested Positive.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

In addition the COR has to be issued 11 days after the Positive test date.

I know you said whomever you're working with confirmed that verbally, but is that actually written down and documented anywhere? DH's positive test date was 14 days before our sail date, and we'll have left town 4 days before sail date, and so were planning on getting the COR before we go.

7 hours ago, klflote said:

I know you said whomever you're working with confirmed that verbally, but is that actually written down and documented anywhere? DH's positive test date was 14 days before our sail date, and we'll have left town 4 days before sail date, and so were planning on getting the COR before we go.

Got it in writing from -  Didn't want to sit on the phone and preferred it be in writing.  

So great to hear from you!

Yes, a Certificate of Recovery and positive test result taken a minimum of 11 days and maximum of 90 days prior to the departure date of your cruise even if your cruise is a back-to-back sailing.

Please see the below regarding the Certificate of Recovery. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Is Celebrity accepting Certificates of Recovery?  If I have recently recovered from COVID-19, what documentation am I required to provide? 

For all sailings departing on or after March 18, 2022, Celebrity is now accepting a Certificate of Recovery. We will not accept a Certificate of Recovery in place of a vaccination record. Guests must continue to show proof of full vaccination where required based on age, with the final dose of their vaccine administered at least 14 days prior to sailing. 

A Certificate of Recovery must meet the following requirements: 

• Be on official letterhead from a healthcare provider, public health official or telehealth provider showing:

1. The Provider’s name

2. The Provider’s address

3. The Provider’s phone number

4. Confirmation of your recovery and completion of isolation

• Be typed (not handwritten) and signed by the provide

• Date of validity must extend throughout the duration of your cruise

• Include a positive result document for a COVID-19 test, either PCR or Antigen test, taken a minimum of 11 days and a maximum of 90 days before the departure date of your cruise.

Include a positive result document for a COVID-19 test, either PCR or Antigen test, taken a minimum of 11 days and a maximum of 90 days before the departure date of your cruise. The test results document from your test provider must include the name of the lab that processed the test, the lab’s CLIA Lab Number or Certification Number, the address of the lab, your name, the date the test was taken, type of test, and your positive result. This can be a printed document, email, or telehealth app notification. Fully handwritten doctor’s notes (such as those written on a prescription pad) will not be accepted. Minimal handwritten components (such as a check mark on a “positive” box) are acceptable as long as the other required information is printed on the document.

Sincerely,

On 7/21/2022 at 11:27 AM, Jim_Iain said:

I would call again and ask to speak to a Supervisor.    I got my answer out of a contact at the executive office and a second one from a Concierge from the Engagement Center that processed my last claim. 

I might leave out that your still testing positive as that isn't important for a COR use.   The reason for a COR is that some people continue to test positive up to 9 months after having Covid. 

As a guide post when coming back to the U.S. (testing was still required).   I continued to test positive for 11 day (very light pink).   The doctor said that after 5 days I would be released from quarantine and considered to be non-contageous.   The COR requires 11 days after first tested Positive.

So I called and spoke with two different reps. Both assured me we'd be fine with the documentation in-hand.

Thanks for the tips.

• Like 1

I believe it's only the test which must be dated 11 days prior to embarkation.  I don't see anywhere that the COR must also be dated any specific time prior to embarkation.

In our case DW tested positive exactly 11 days prior to embarkation.  DR issued CoR 6-7 days later after confirming isolation for 5 days was complete and no symptoms for 3 days.

If the CoR had to be dated 11 days prior to embarkation it would have been impossible for DW to get one given the CoR asserts that isolation period has been completed.

Full disclosure she tested negative the day before departure so we used that test instead of the CoR.

Having to do the B2B test is just stupid if they just take the CoR if you happen to test positive.  Just stupid!

Edited by wrk2cruise
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Maligator said:

So I called and spoke with two different reps. Both assured me we'd be fine with the documentation in-hand.

Thanks for the tips.

Good to hear.   You should be fine but let us know how it goes.   I've only read one report of someone using on Celebrity and they said it was as easy as showing  negative test result.

I still have a week to go before we can get our COR but at least I tested negative this morning.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

All of our hand-wringing, doubts, and general pessimism were for nought. DW tested negative just before we headed to the airport.

George Will said, "The best part about being a pessimist is that you're either constantly being proven right or pleasantly surprised."

Thank you, anyway, for the guidance.

• Like 1