Oceania Extends COVID Testing Requirement - US Departure Ports

Wynterwynd

Leaving on Regatta Aug 8 and had crossed out 48 hour negative COVID test off my list after a communication from Oceania.  But then, today, received another notice, tick-tack taking it back.
Also, I’ve downloaded the ARRIVE CAN app and it’s pretty straightforward.  You can scan your passport or input the information manually and upload your vaccination brand/dates.  But you need to wait until 3 days before your cruise to input the cruise information.  Since a 2nd visit to Butchart Gardens in Victoria is on my list, I’m going to follow the instructions.

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Advisors,

We look forward to welcoming you onboard Regatta for your upcoming voyage to Alaska.

Recently, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) decided to end the COVID-19 program for cruise ships operating in U.S. waters. At this time, the testing requirement for cruise ships departing from U.S. ports will remain in effect through the month of August. All guests sailing aboard Regatta from Seattle will need to comply with the pre-departure testing requirements detailed below.

Additionally, we want to remind all guests that as your voyage calls in Canada, all guests must download the ArriveCAN app and complete the ArriveCAN form (details below) prior to embarkation.

FOR SAILINGS EMBARKING FROM U.S. PORTS: Oceania Cruises will require that all guests arrive at the embarkation terminal with a negative COVID-19 PCR or Antigen test result from a third-party verified laboratory or pharmacy, taken within 48 hours of arriving to the terminal. All guests must provide proof of a negative test result at embarkation in a digital or printed format. Guests not in possession of a negative, third-party Covid-19 test result will not be allowed to embark for the voyage.

Test result documentation must be provided in English and must include the following information:

· Your name, which should match the name on your travel documents

· Your date of birth

· The result of the test

· The date the test sample was collected

· The name of the test provider

· Confirmation of the type of test provided

FOR SAILINGS CALLING IN CANADIAN PORTS

Canada also requires that all travelers download the ArriveCAN app to upload all of their entry and vaccination documents within 72 hours prior to boarding a ship destined for Canada.

Guests are required to arrive at embarkation with all information uploaded into the website. The ArriveCANapp is available from Apple, Google, or at www.Canada.ca.

A detailed step-by-step guide to completing the ArriveCAN entry forms can be found here: ArriveCAN Step By Step Guide

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wynterwynd said:

Since a 2nd visit to Butchart Gardens in Victoria is on my list, I’m going to follow the instructions.

Even if you were not disembarking the ship in Victoria you would be required to complete the ArriveCAN form. You're in Canada as soon as the ship enters its territorial waters.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Wynterwynd said:

We look forward to welcoming you onboard Regatta for your upcoming voyage to Alaska.

Recently, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) decided to end the COVID-19 program for cruise ships operating in U.S. waters. At this time, the testing requirement for cruise ships departing from U.S. ports will remain in effect through the month of August. All guests sailing aboard Regatta from Seattle will need to comply with the pre-departure testing requirements detailed below.

O has revised their online SailSAFE document (https://www.oceaniacruises.com/health) to include the USA as a country requiring a pre-embarkation test which is now consistent with email referenced above:

ADDITIONAL PRE-EMBARKATION HEALTH SCREENING

FOR SAILINGS EMBARKING ON OR AFTER AUGUST 1, 2022, Oceania Cruises will no longer require guests to produce a negative covid test to embark their cruise, subject to local regulations.

Please Note: Voyages embarking from the United States, Canada and Greece as well as those sailing to Bermuda, will still require a negative covid test at embarkation, until further notice.

Edited by WESTEAST

It is confusing because the email we received for our Regatta out of Seattle 8/8 says test results (PCR or Antigen) within 48 hours. The Oceania chat person says a PCR test is within 72 hours. Does anyone know if the Walgreens NAAT test is accepted? Thanks.

I find it most interesting that the letter posted above says through the month of August.....Does that mean it might end for September and beyond?  

Recently, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) decided to end the COVID-19 program for cruise ships operating in U.S. waters. At this time, the testing requirement for cruise ships departing from U.S. ports will remain in effect through the month of August

I posted this on the other thread, I'll put it here as it's the same discussion. 

If you look at the schedules Regatta is the only ship sailing from a US port in the month of Aug. It appears only one sailing as there is nothing showing for Aug 18th-27th. Perhaps there's a charter during that time.  The one trip is from Seattle and it stops in Canada, so it would have always required a test under the guidelines posted on July 5th. Then there is one leaving from Vancouver on the 27th that would have required a test as it leaves from Canada. The real test will be the Sept 9th cruise from LA that has Mexico as it's near foreign port. As I'll be on that one, I have a vested interest in the way this will work out. 

Edited by ORV
  • Like 2