Question Regarding Timing of Elite/Diamond Status after Booking

My DH and I will achieve Elite Status in the Celebrity Captain's Club on or before our February 2023 cruise.  We just booked an April 2023 cruise on Independence of the Seas.  Question:  We are Emerald on RC at the time of booking...will that move us to Diamond for IOS in April, or are we stuck with Emerald for this cruise?  

13 minutes ago, Saturngrl said:

My DH and I will achieve Elite Status in the Celebrity Captain's Club on or before our February 2023 cruise.  We just booked an April 2023 cruise on Independence of the Seas.  Question:  We are Emerald on RC at the time of booking...will that move us to Diamond for IOS in April, or are we stuck with Emerald for this cruise?  

You will have matching perks of a Diamond on your Indy cruise...but won't be actually Diamond until you reach the 80 point level with RCI.   So if you have made 80 points during your Indy cruise...you won't be officially Diamond until  your next RCI cruise following that. 

Points on both lines have to be earned on the separate lines.   Perks match occurs with Elite to Diamond...but no further up on status until points made on each.

For example:   I am Pinnacle on RCI...but will only be perks of an Elite member on Celebrity until I earn the points actually on Celebrity to elevate status.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Saturngrl said:

After you hit Elite on Celebrity you need to call Royal and get them to match your status to Diamond, it will not happen automatically

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

After you hit Elite on Celebrity you need to call Royal and get them to match your status to Diamond, it will not happen automatically

What he said ^.  😉  

I emailed Celebrity to obtain my Captain's club number.  But drats...still have not had the pleasure to cruise with them...someday hopefully.  🙂 

• Like 2

Just now, island lady said:

What he said ^.  😉  

I emailed Celebrity to obtain my Captain's club number.  But drats...still have not had the pleasure to cruise with them...someday hopefully.  🙂 

Same here.  Got my number as soon as I turned Diamond years ago but haven't made use of it.  Maybe one day when we cruise without the kids.

• Like 3

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Same here.  Got my number as soon as I turned Diamond years ago but haven't made use of it.  Maybe one day when we cruise without the kids.

In a perfect world, we would enjoy a Celebrity ship home ported in PC.  Indeed have Captain's number ready to go and anxious to use it....  😉

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

In my experience when I reached Elite on Celebrity, my C&A account was automatically updated from Platinum to Diamond.  It's been a while, so maybe there was a way to link them at the time.

Obviously if you don't have a an account with the respective loyalty program, you would first need to get an account set up.

2 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

In my experience when I reached Elite on Celebrity, my C&A account was automatically updated from Platinum to Diamond.  It's been a while, so maybe there was a way to link them at the time.

Obviously if you don't have a an account with the respective loyalty program, you would first need to get an account set up.

Thanks for the update

12 minutes ago, island lady said:

In a perfect world, we would enjoy a Celebrity ship home ported in PC.  Indeed have Captain's number ready to go and anxious to use it....  😉

I started sailing Celebrity when they home ported in Baltimore.  Sadly they left.  😞  Not sure if a Millennium class would fit in Baltimore.  But did do a Panama Canal, TA, Bermuda, and a Coastal cruise on Millennium class.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I started sailing Celebrity when they home ported in Baltimore.  Sadly they left.  😞  Not sure if a Millennium class would fit in Baltimore.  But did do a Panama Canal, TA, Bermuda, and a Coastal cruise on Millennium class.

Would love to do either Alaska or Australia on Celebrity.  Though I am still a fan of the Radiance ladies in Alaska.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

That is what happened with us also.  We are finally going on our first cruise with Celebrity and it already shows that we are Elite.

I need to get to Elite Plus / Discoverer Plus (244 points to go) before Celebrity and Azamara unlink their programs.  🙂

Edit:  Scratch that, only 242 points to go ... just got an email to earn another 20 Power Up Points (= 2 Captain's Club points).

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 1

On 7/21/2022 at 4:30 PM, Another_Critic said:

I need to get to Elite Plus / Discoverer Plus (244 points to go) before Celebrity and Azamara unlink their programs.  🙂

Edit:  Scratch that, only 242 points to go ... just got an email to earn another 20 Power Up Points (= 2 Captain's Club points).

How long does it take for these Power Up Points to show up on your account?  

1 hour ago, Surfguyxxx said:

How long does it take for these Power Up Points to show up on your account?  

Usually around the 14th of the following month. So July's power up points will post around August 14th. Has been my experience anyway.

• Thanks 1

On 7/21/2022 at 2:42 PM, Another_Critic said:

I should ask my daughter if her Celebrity account has been updated to Elite since she's now Diamond.

Another data point:  My daughter checked last night and her Captain's Club status does say Elite, so she was automatically upgraded once she reached Diamond on Royal.

• Like 1