Hot water for beverages in rooms?

Eric G.

From what I've read so far, mini-suites do not have coffee makers in the rooms. (Diamond Princess).

I'm thinking about getting the soda package but it does not include hot chocolate, and I'm not enough of a coffee drinker to get the coffee package.

Can I have room service deliver a carafe of hot water to the room and just bring my own cocoa mix?

Also, if room service brings things to your room, do you tip or is that included in the daily tips thing?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Eric G. said:

Can I have room service deliver a carafe of hot water to the room and just bring my own cocoa mix?

Also, if room service brings things to your room, do you tip or is that included in the daily tips thing?

Thanks

Yes, they'll deliver a carafe of hot water.  And tea bags if desired.  You're on your own for chocolate mix.

It is customary to tip a dollar or two for room service, but the choice is up to you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SiliconCruiser said:

It is customary to tip a dollar or two for room service, but the choice is up to you.

Yes, the daily gratuity charge is also shared by those in room service.

It is up to you if you wish to tip a second time.

• Like 1

We are currently on Regal in the Mediterranean. We had a kettle in our cabin without even asking for one and have used it every day.

Ask your cabin steward for one if it’s not already in your cabin.

We didn’t embark in the U.K. either so kettles are not just for British Isles cruises.

Edited by Esprit
  • Thanks 1

Beware of the soda package. They bring a fountain poured soda and it may not be what you want. I can tell the difference between regular coke vs diet. It's usually watered down with melted ice.

I don't tip again. Princess took all the guess work out of tipping when they went with the auto daily tipping suggestions which can be adjusted at guest services. 

4 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

Beware of the soda package. They bring a fountain poured soda and it may not be what you want. I can tell the difference between regular coke vs diet. It's usually watered down with melted ice.

I don't tip again. Princess took all the guess work out of tipping when they went with the auto daily tipping suggestions which can be adjusted at guest services. 

When you say "they bring" I assume that's for room service, but if I get the soda package can I get sodas/smoothies at the restaurants as well?

My problem is the carafes of hot water delivered by room service is that they use the same ones for coffee. The taste never comes out. I wish they would color-code the carafes so that we did not have the cross contamination of them.

• Like 4