150 Central Park Favorites?

On 7/22/2022 at 7:46 PM, homedepot124 said:

We did 150 twice on Symphony recently.  First night was good, second time was mediocre at best.  I would say skip 150 and go to Chops. 

I tried it on oasis and allure have same opinion as you , pre- Covid I liked the cheese tray which they wheeled out and you could pick what you want, that has been discontinued. 

1 hour ago, mcurban said:

Do they every do the beef tenderloin- just for one? My husband would get it with me just because he's a kind fellow, but I'm sure he would enjoy the lamb or lobster more. 

It’s actually only for one now. So no worries about for 2

On 7/26/2022 at 9:59 AM, Project-College said:

Thanks for that insight!  Will remember it when we hit 150! 

I know my wife has 'lobster tails' on her mind so will have to see if anyone knows if the UDP always upcharges (even on Lobster Night on the MDR)

There's an upcharge for Lobster Thermidor in 150? I know the upcharge in the MDR is $16.99 but not sure which night it's on the menu as entre selection vs Premium selection. But the MDR version is NOT Thermidor which is stuffed vs just broiled in buttersauce.

On 7/22/2022 at 8:04 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

Has anyone eaten there for the Halibut? 

My husband had the Halibut on Wonder 3 weeks ago.  He said it was good.  Not fresh off the boat in Alaska good, but just fine. 

8 hours ago, mcurban said:

Do they every do the beef tenderloin- just for one? My husband would get it with me just because he's a kind fellow, but I'm sure he would enjoy the lamb or lobster more. 

Yes, I had the tenderloin for just one on Wonder 3 weeks ago.  My husband wanted the Halibut, so they brought me out the tenderloin for one.  I also mentioned that I was curious about the lamb and they brought me a small portion to sample, also. 

IMHO. The lobster Thermador was terrific. The lamb wellington was awesome. The beet salad was just plain pretentious and weird.  The cheesecake dessert was good.  All portions were small,  about 1/2 MDR size. 

7 hours ago, George C said:

I tried it on oasis and allure have same opinion as you , pre- Covid I liked the cheese tray which they wheeled out and you could pick what you want, that has been discontinued. 

On the Harmony in January they still wheeled out the cheese tray, maybe it was discontinued after January? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mcurban said:

Yes, they will adapt it for one person.  My husband ordered it for one on our recent Allure cruise.

On 7/22/2022 at 2:49 PM, RCFirstTimer said:

I know you are asking about the appetized and main course, but the bread/roll at the beginning is absolutely amazing.  The tenderloin is really good, as handbellplayer said and don't forget to save a little room for the fried cheesecake.  It's not too big, which is good, if you even like cheesecake.  It's hard to imagine, but some people don't.

Yeah.. that would be me!  I HATE cheesecake 🙂

13 hours ago, lovetocruise/diamond said:

On the Harmony in January they still wheeled out the cheese tray, maybe it was discontinued after January? 

They didn’t have it on allure in November 2021 maybe they were still in a Covid thing, thanks for info.

Oasis in March had the cheese cart but it was not wheeled to our table.  Our waiter served a plate to my son of items from the tray. 

I wasn't super impressed with the Lobster Thermidor.  The lobster in Chops and the lobster in the MDR was better on this trip.  

They did a tenderloin for one for my son.    Im attaching a pic of the Thermidor and the cheese plate that was served. 

651082D6-385C-4ECD-AAE4-EE189CA83127.jpeg

594AC41F-4BC3-4261-89C5-9BAC8FD9E5CB.jpeg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, George C said:

Since they "fired" Michael Schwartz and took over and dumbed down the menu from fine dining to make-believe dining, we don't bother with CP150 any more. It's just another revenue-generator for the cruise line. 

On 3/30/2023 at 4:37 PM, mcurban said:

Yes they do

On 3/30/2023 at 5:44 PM, crewsweeper said:

There's an upcharge for Lobster Thermidor in 150? I know the upcharge in the MDR is $16.99 but not sure which night it's on the menu as entre selection vs Premium selection. But the MDR version is NOT Thermidor which is stuffed vs just broiled in buttersauce.

I don’t believe there’s an up charge for the lobster thermidor in 150.

the free lobster tail in MDR is on Royal Night

Edited by Donsyb