Seattle - Best way to get to Terminal?

Mikewa

Ovation August 5.  Staying in Seattle Thursday night before embarkation on Friday.  What's the best way to get to the terminal?  I was thinking Uber, but I heard somewhere that they let you off at a drop point, then take a shuttle to the terminal.  Is that accurate?

Seems like an annoying way to get there.

7 minutes ago, Mikewa said:

Ovation August 5.  Staying in Seattle Thursday night before embarkation on Friday.  What's the best way to get to the terminal?  I was thinking Uber, but I heard somewhere that they let you off at a drop point, then take a shuttle to the terminal.  Is that accurate?

We used Lyft last week, it seems to be more prevalent in Seattle and better prices as well.  They dropped us off right at the check in area.  It is as you disembark that they take you elsewhere to get an Uber or Lyft.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Diver2014 said:

Taxi. Downtown isn’t that big and it’s all down hill to the waterfront. Unless you’re not staying downtown. I’d still take a taxi.

Royal doesn't leave from the pier that is 'downtown'.  They leave from Smith Cove,  Pier 91, which is NW of the downtown area.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Diver2014 said:

Pier91 isn’t that far away—near the 15th St bridge. I used to live in Seattle and worked downtown near the Seattle Center.

Same, lived on Lake Union, worked on Queen Anne Hill.  My point was it's not as convenient to the true downtown/city center as Pier 66 next to Pike Market where other lines sail from.  However, I think most have moved over to Smith, but I know NCL still leaves from 66.  I still live in Washington, just not in the city of Seattle, moved to the burbs.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

We used Lyft last week, it seems to be more prevalent in Seattle and better prices as well.  They dropped us off right at the check in area.  It is as you disembark that they take you elsewhere to get an Uber or Lyft.

Is it just Uber and Lyft that need a shuttle on disembarkation or is a shuttle needed for a regular taxi also?  Avoiding the shuttle would be a good reason to take a taxi instead of ride sharing.

16 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Is it just Uber and Lyft that need a shuttle on disembarkation or is a shuttle needed for a regular taxi also?  Avoiding the shuttle would be a good reason to take a taxi instead of ride sharing.

Just Uber and Lyft.  Taxis and preferred shuttle vans are right there.  

TIP!  Pay for a porter.  They will get you to the front of the taxi line and save you at least an hour of waiting in line for a taxi. 

We did a taxi to the airport.  It was $80, maybe $20 $25 more expensive than a Lyft would have been.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Mikewa said:

Uber will drop you off at the check-in area. As stated by Ourusualbeach, it's only during disembarkation when you'll have to use the designated Uber/Lyft area. * You can take annoying quick free shuttle (takes longer to load your luggage than the actual  ride) or a 5-minute walk.

2 hours ago, Mikewa said:

Lazy drivers will try to drop you at the drop point. You can walk to the terminal, about 5 minutes. Or direct your driver to take you to the terminal and not the outside drop point. 

We stay near pikes place and lyft to the port. 

Edited by BirdTravels

4 hours ago, rockmom said:

Same, lived on Lake Union, worked on Queen Anne Hill.  My point was it's not as convenient to the true downtown/city center as Pier 66 next to Pike Market where other lines sail from.  However, I think most have moved over to Smith, but I know NCL still leaves from 66.  I still live in Washington, just not in the city of Seattle, moved to the burbs.  

I agree. My relatives still live near Bothell. I still think a taxi would be the best source of transport to the pier. That’s what we did a few years ago when we sailed to Alaska.

20 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Just Uber and Lyft.  Taxis and preferred shuttle vans are right there.  

TIP!  Pay for a porter.  They will get you to the front of the taxi line and save you at least an hour of waiting in line for a taxi. 

We did a taxi to the airport.  It was $80, maybe $20 $25 more expensive than a Lyft would have been.

Are the porters just outside the terminal when you disembark? I'll have a 20 spot ready to go if in fact they can get us to the head of the taxi line.

2 hours ago, Blauelini said:

Are the porters just outside the terminal when you disembark? I'll have a 20 spot ready to go if in fact they can get us to the head of the taxi line.

They were inside the terminal before you picked up your luggage.  They take your luggage and meet you just past customs.  One of the best kept secrets at nearly every port.  They re like buying front of the line passes at Universal.  Best $20 spent all cruise

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1