NCL Breakaway 07-17-22 HAVEN SUITE NO TOILET

wsb225

You were in The Haven.  Your butler could pack your luggage and unpack you in another suite or cabin.  Whatever cabin they relocated you to, you could have been allowed continued full access to The Haven.  Leaving you in a suite without a functioning toilet for days is completely unacceptable.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, ysolde said:

You were in The Haven.  Your butler could pack your luggage and unpack you in another suite or cabin.  Whatever cabin they relocated you to, you could have been allowed continued full access to The Haven.  Leaving you in a suite without a functioning toilet for days is completely unacceptable.

I would not accept that. Just like flying 1st class and being put in coach. No! I would be taken off by a Marshall for sure.

I also get up every 2 hours so I would just use the toilet and have them deal with it every morning. That's what my DSCs pay for.

Actually I can think of worse things that with the premium booze package I could resort too.

I mean they do constantly clean the exterior of the ship don't they?😁.

Does OP have a TA?

Would help to know what Suite this is.  If it’s a suite with 2 bathrooms, I kinda, sorta see that as a workable solution.  My guess is the HAVEN is sold out.

But, if it’s a Suite with only one toilet….yeah….not buying the “nothing more we can do” routine.

Really surprised the Concierge and GM aren’t being more proactive with this.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Really surprised the Concierge and GM aren’t being more proactive with this.

I am not.  They are in a position of having to try and save the cash cow.

It's all numbers.  I would not be surprised if the DSC is not removed by many either.

A modern ship must have the tools or design to deal with this. Question is why 3 days? Did the offender have to pay like they threaten?

31 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I am not.  They are in a position of having to try and save the cash cow.

It's all numbers.  I would not be surprised if the DSC is not removed by many either.

A modern ship must have the tools or design to deal with this. Question is why 3 days? Did the offender have to pay like they threaten?

Not sure what most of this even means.  Threaten?  Who?  What?

Remove DSC?  How does that resolve the problem with the cabin?  That hurts the crew, who probably have nothing to do with this issue.

Given how they try to bend over backwards to make things on their ships pleasant, I’m still trying to understand if one of the reasons they have been reluctant is is the OP had access to a toilet in another bathroom in his suite?  Are they saying the OP tried to flush something that was prohibited? They make a pretty big deal on what you can (NCL TP), and can’t (everything else) flush.

2 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Not sure what most of this even means.  Threaten?  Who?  What?

Remove DSC?  How does that resolve the problem with the cabin?  That hurts the crew, who probably have nothing to do with this issue.

Given how they try to bend over backwards to make things on their ships pleasant, I’m still trying to understand if one of the reasons they have been reluctant is is the OP had access to a toilet in another bathroom in his suite?  Are they saying the OP tried to flush something that was prohibited? They make a pretty big deal on what you can (NCL TP), and can’t (everything else) flush.

In the paperwork when you arrive to your cabin, they state that only TP is to be flushed down the toilet and if you are guilty of causing an issue they threaten to charge you.

On MSC, there is a sign directly above the toilet in each cabin that also starts they can charge you.

Good morning.   To clarify, I was in a fully paid Haven, 2 bedroom Family suite that had to bathrooms and 2 toilets.  Neither toilet worked.  No upgrades were taken.  Again, fully paid for.  No other suites were available and no other cabins were offered even after I inquired. On day 3, I asked again about moving to any other cabin due to the odor, the inconvenience and constant challenge presented and NCL management stated they would relook and get back with me.  Again, no other cabins were offered and available.    After the 3rd day, management reported back that the toilet  problem was fixed.    That was toward the end of our 7 day cruise.  

BTW, The chain of who I reported this problem to and discussed this with went from the cabin steward to the Butler to the Haven concierge to the Breakaway Guest Services Manager and then to the Breakaway General Manager.   All I received was excuses as to why nothing could be done on board and I had to deal with NCL Corporate and that they would be in touch.     This is an unacceptable outcome and the cruise was very disappointing.  NO TOILET for 3 days.  Unacceptable.    The resolution offered by NCL is unacceptable.   

• Like 8

1 hour ago, wsb225 said:

Good morning.   To clarify, I was in a fully paid Haven, 2 bedroom Family suite that had to bathrooms and 2 toilets.  Neither toilet worked.  No upgrades were taken.  Again, fully paid for.  No other suites were available and no other cabins were offered even after I inquired. On day 3, I asked again about moving to any other cabin due to the odor, the inconvenience and constant challenge presented and NCL management stated they would relook and get back with me.  Again, no other cabins were offered and available.    After the 3rd day, management reported back that the toilet  problem was fixed.    That was toward the end of our 7 day cruise.  

BTW, The chain of who I reported this problem to and discussed this with went from the cabin steward to the Butler to the Haven concierge to the Breakaway Guest Services Manager and then to the Breakaway General Manager.   All I received was excuses as to why nothing could be done on board and I had to deal with NCL Corporate and that they would be in touch.     This is an unacceptable outcome and the cruise was very disappointing.  NO TOILET for 3 days.  Unacceptable.    The resolution offered by NCL is unacceptable.   

You have a legit beef, then.  See what NCL comes back with from Corporate.  If nothing?  Then, I’d get the charge card company involved.

• Like 1

The fact is NCL don’t care, I went on the Star a few years ago and the 8 floor had problems with toilets, fortunately a ex employee of mine was working in the salon, I explained to her the problems and her exact word’s were 8 floor it’s been like that for months? 

I know that they have to contact corporate and wait to hear back before compensation is given, but this does not seem like the right compensation. I think that a refundable on board credit would be more appropriate. OP mentioned 12% of their fare. Based on this being a Haven suite, this amount may not be as low as some of us may be thinking. Still, it does not seem like enough done to make up for broken toilets for three days in the Haven. In addition to monetary compensation I think they should have offered you at least an inside cabin where you could go to the bathroom in private. I always prefer to go back to the room and use our own toilet, especially for number two!!  To clarify, I mean that you could still stay in your suite, but have the additional room so that you have a private toilet. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, NayRN said:

As somebody already asked….which suite(s) were effected by this? I want to be prepared when I board in a couple weeks. TIA

We were on the same cruise in the Haven in 16714 a two-bedroom suite across from the pool area. We had zero issues. I did a Live review here on CC. We never even heard about this issue. Weird. 

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

We were on the same cruise in the Haven in 16714. We had zero issues. I did a Live review here on CC. We never even heard about this issue. Weird. 

I am not surprised that you did not hear about our toilet problem.  Apparently it was a localized issue that effected a limited area / section of the ship from deck 16 to 7.   We were told it effected approximately 6 Haven Suites and I spoke with my neighbor and they had the same issue.  My wife spoke with a guest in the Haven atrium sunroom while reading and they had the same problem.  I am happy that you did not experience our problem and had a working toilet for the entirety of our cruise.  

1 minute ago, wsb225 said:
13 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

We were on the same cruise in the Haven in 16714. We had zero issues. I did a Live review here on CC. We never even heard about this issue. Weird. 

I am not surprised that you did not hear about our toilet problem.  Apparently it was a localized issue that effected a limited area / section of the ship from deck 16 to 7.   We were told it effected approximately 6 Haven Suites and I spoke with my neighbor and they had the same issue.  My wife spoke with a guest in the Haven atrium sunroom while reading and they had the same problem.  I am happy that you did not experience our problem and had a working toilet for the entirety of our cruise.  

Which suite were you in? Deck 16 or 15? Did you happen to mention it to staff at the Captains party? 

6 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Which suite were you in? Deck 16 or 15? Did you happen to mention it to staff at the Captains party? 

We were on deck 15.   We did not attend the Captains Party.   We reported our problems to the staff and Management as I have already laid out.   

19 minutes ago, wsb225 said:

We were on deck 15.   We did not attend the Captains Party.   We reported our problems to the staff and Management as I have already laid out.   

Is there a reason you won’t say which suite you were in?  Just curious. 

51 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

We were on the same cruise in the Haven in 16714 a two-bedroom suite across from the pool area. We had zero issues. I did a Live review here on CC. We never even heard about this issue. Weird. 

I’ve been following you! Thanks for letting us cruise with you this past week!

I’ll be in 16124 in 6 weeks….

• Thanks 1

On Epic we were in a penthouse suite and the water valve between our penthouse and Owners suite was always malfunctioning.  We could not shower in our cabin for a few days and had to go all the way to the spa for showering (On Epic, Haven is forward and spa is aft).  It was quite the walk to shower.  No one offered anything and I would not insult myself to ask for anything.  IMHO being in the Haven has no impact on something like this.  It would be just as inconvenient being in a balcony or inside cabin.  I just did not want to go through that "we will give you a bottle of wine".  I suppose there are many people who complain about trivial issues and a bottle of cheap wine wins them over 🤣   Cruise cabins are like apartments.  Things break all the time and need repaired.  Its just what life throws at you.

Edited by david_sobe

1 hour ago, david_sobe said:

On Epic we were in a penthouse suite and the water valve between our penthouse and Owners suite was always malfunctioning.  We could not shower in our cabin for a few days and had to go all the way to the spa for showering (On Epic, Haven is forward and spa is aft).  It was quite the walk to shower.  No one offered anything and I would not insult myself to ask for anything.  IMHO being in the Haven has no impact on something like this.  It would be just as inconvenient being in a balcony or inside cabin.  I just did not want to go through that "we will give you a bottle of wine".  I suppose there are many people who complain about trivial issues and a bottle of cheap wine wins them over 🤣   Cruise cabins are like apartments.  Things break all the time and need repaired.  Its just what life throws at you.

Apples and oranges here.

You don't need to get up every 2 hours in the middle of the night to take a shower.

I just sold my last 4 buildings I owned in the last month and I have had to bring in a truck with potable water (damaged water main requiring the road to be opened up affecting 12 units), I have had to provide temporary AC and I even have been required to put tenants up in a hotel at one time or another. 

It all boils down to the lease. The only one I had allot of leeway on was the elevator.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Apples and oranges here.

You don't need to get up every 2 hours in the middle of the night to take a shower.

I just sold my last 4 buildings I owned in the last month and I have had to bring in a truck with potable water (damaged water main requiring the road to be opened up affecting 12 units), I have had to provide temporary AC and I even have been required to put tenants up in a hotel at one time or another. 

It all boils down to the lease. The only one I had allot of leeway on was the elevator.

I wasn't comparing anything just sharing a story.  Broken toilets are very common on cruise ships because people flush wrong things down them.  You realize this situation happens somewhere almost every cruise on any given cruise ship.  Its not great but when people dont follow the rules or have common sense, what do you expect.  I never said it was not inconvenient for anyone.  There is usually a bathroom around the concierge desk that very few use.  You did remind me of a video I saw of a semi-popular cruising couple that is always trying to shake down cruise lines.  The went live on Facebook to complain about their toilet and demand compensation.  Not the way to handle it.  IMHO. Once we had a horrible sewage smell coming from all our drains.  It was really bad.  But this is just the nature of ship life.  If free cruises were given to people with clogged toilets, sewage smells, or shower issues, the cruise lines would be out of business.

Edited by david_sobe

curious- we had a problem on the Breakaway before Covid.  Not happy with how it was handled.  Who was the GM? We did get compensation and satisfaction after the cruise- from Corporate- but not without difficulty. You need to be persistent. If necessary write letters all the way up the chain of command. 

• Like 2

Wow ! Just wow how “weak” are some of you people replying and accepting this kind of service and especially in a Haven suite. Id be going mental if I paid that sort of money for basically a third world service. 

OP - ignore these that would happily accept such service and a12% - TWELVE PER CENT refund !!

3 out of 7 days spoiled 

Id be asking for a 42% refund at the minimum

its not just the days it ruined

it ruined the whole cruise 

Edited by DensolandMouthy
  • Like 13

It continues to shock me that the poster won't reveal what cabin. It's been asked at least 3 or 4 times. They are clearly actively following this thread. I'm not suggesting anything nefarious. I just can't fathom why they won't simply say which cabin.

9 hours ago, opshannon said:

It continues to shock me that the poster won't reveal what cabin. It's been asked at least 3 or 4 times. They are clearly actively following this thread. I'm not suggesting anything nefarious. I just can't fathom why they won't simply say which cabin.

Maybe that’s more identifying information than they want to share on social media.  Also, the problem has been fixed, so it’s not as though someone on the next cruise needs to know which stateroom it was.