Which NYC airport is "easiest" for departure?

Sundiego

We are on a transatlantic cruise, arriving Manhattan cruise ship terminal on Thursday, Nov 17. I have a few different flight choices, none are that great but "it is what it is". All of the flight options are after 1:00 pm. The airport choices are the usual... JFK, EWR or LGA. 

So based on airport alone, is there a preferred departure airport?

Thanks!

~Denise

2 hours ago, Sundiego said:

We are on a transatlantic cruise, arriving Manhattan cruise ship terminal on Thursday, Nov 17. I have a few different flight choices, none are that great but "it is what it is". All of the flight options are after 1:00 pm. The airport choices are the usual... JFK, EWR or LGA. 

So based on airport alone, is there a preferred departure airport?

Thanks!

~Denise

LGA has been rebuilt and its gone from the worst airport in NY to the best. It's also the closest to the Manhattan Cruise Terminal and the least expensive to get to by taxi,  Uber or car service.

Assuming there's a flight from LGA that meets your schedule and price needs by all means fly from LGA. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/26/2022 at 3:08 PM, lenquixote66 said:

I too prefer LGA.I have yet to experience a delay leaving from there.

How many times did you fly out of lga? We have been delayed several times have flown out of there more than 20 times in last 20 years. once during a rain storm they canceled our flights several times and we took taxi back to Manhattan. 

23 minutes ago, George C said:

How many times did you fly out of lga? We have been delayed several times have flown out of there more than 20 times in last 20 years. once during a rain storm they canceled our flights several times and we took taxi back to Manhattan. 

Many times.I cannot recall how many times I have flown from an airport .

8 hours ago, George C said:

LGA has just completed a major re-building.  I have flown from LGA probably 100 times in last 20 years -- the most recent dozen or so (since 2019) have been the easiest

11 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

LGA has just completed a major re-building.  I have flown from LGA probably 100 times in last 20 years -- the most recent dozen or so (since 2019) have been the easiest

I know this is a minor point but I hate all the bars currently in lga , you can’t tell bartenders what you want you need to enter it in a machine. I am sure you had some delays in your 100 flights .

1 hour ago, George C said:

I know this is a minor point but I hate all the bars currently in lga , you can’t tell bartenders what you want you need to enter it in a machine. I am sure you had some delays in your 100 flights .

Agreed 100% - that "high tech" ordering has driven the comfort and ease out of having a drink.  Damn foolishness, if you ask me.

• Like 1