Bermuda question

I have an upcoming Bermuda cruise and looking at tours.  Most land tours are 5+ hours and I'm not too interested in that length.  Anyone has any information about tours?  Can you get a water taxi from the cruise port to Hamilton?  We will be there half of two days and one full day.

5 minutes ago, Reijo said:

I have an upcoming Bermuda cruise and looking at tours.  Most land tours are 5+ hours and I'm not too interested in that length.  Anyone has any information about tours?  Can you get a water taxi from the cruise port to Hamilton?  We will be there half of two days and one full day.

There is great information on the Bermuda forum:  Bermuda Cruises Q&A: Find Tips & Recommendations - Cruise Critic Message Board Forums

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Reijo said:

Yes - the  ferry station is  across from where the ship docks.   If you are there on a Wednesday, you might consider a ferry to Hamilton that night to enjoy the Wednesday night street party.  The ferry ride over to Hamilton is beautiful.  We had a fun dinner at a second floor restaurant overlooking all the festivities.  

enjoy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, tamara01 said:

How far is it to walk from the ship to the ferry?  if someone has mobility issues, would they have a problem?  Also, are there taxi's when you get off the ship?

The walk to the ferry is about 1 block.  There is a Taxi stand  in the   same area.   There are some mini busses a bit closer, but i don't know all the routes.  We took one to Horseshoe beach. 

I also don't know if there is a shuttle that can take you to the ferry.  

M

10 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Everything is expensive. Be ready for that.

Everyone said that but we didn't seem to have that experience.  We were right at the  Hamiliton  street party main intersection at  Flanagan's, a  second-floor Irish pub. We had a great view of the festivities.    Our drinks, (a  rum swizzle and a beer ) were about the same price as on the ship.   Burger and a large bowl of chowder were about $25. Food was delicious.

Next day at the beach, prices were comparable with other beach bar/restaurants.   I think I paid $10 for a dark and stormy.

Perhaps we got lucky with our restaurant choices.   We heard about $30 burgers from friends on board, but thankfully didn't experience that. 

M

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I also don't know if there is a shuttle that can take you to the ferry.  

There is a free tram that goes around the Dockyard but the first stop near the ship berths is not much closer to the ships than the ferry dock. 

13 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The Ferry and their public bus system is the best way to explore Bermuda.     

The ferries are great but the Orange Line to St. George does not run every day. The public bus system has unfortunately been in decline the past few years and is somewhat unreliable. You can waste a lot of time waiting on buses. I prefer a combination of the ferries and taxis. 

22 hours ago, Reijo said:

I scrolled back as I missed your post since it was not posted on the Bermuda board. In answer to your question about tours. You can do a taxi tour that is less than hours. They run $50 and hour for 1-4 with a three hour minimium. I would say 4 or 5 hours would be the right length. It would be a private tour and you can tell the driver what you prefer to see and what time length. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1