No More Pre-Cruise Testing for Vaccinated guests on voyages less than 6 nights starting August 8th!

1 minute ago, BND said:

I just read the Bahamas testing requirements and this is what it says

• Effective 19 June 2022 fully vaccinated travellers will no longer be required to submit to pre-travel COVID-19 testing to enter the country. Instead, valid proof of vaccination must be presented before boarding a flight to The Bahamas.

That seems clear to me.  Not sure why Carnival is saying what they are, although it's interesting it says "boarding a flight"  But it should apply to anyone visiting.

Oops sorry I used "interesting" again.  Don't want that to be misconstrued.

The rules for air passengers and the rules for cruise passengers have oftentimes been different throughout this saga. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, BND said:

I just read the Bahamas testing requirements and this is what it says

• Effective 19 June 2022 fully vaccinated travellers will no longer be required to submit to pre-travel COVID-19 testing to enter the country. Instead, valid proof of vaccination must be presented before boarding a flight to The Bahamas.

That seems clear to me.  Not sure why Carnival is saying what they are, although it's interesting it says "boarding a flight"  But it should apply to anyone visiting.

Oops sorry I used "interesting" again.  Don't want that to be misconstrued.

Just can't help yourself, can you.  However, I don't think you were "misconstrued" ever!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Just can't help yourself, can you.  However, I don't think you were "misconstrued" ever!

I thought you were "Out".  Talk about not being able to help yourself.

BTW, this thread has moved on.

• Haha 1

Well, back on track.  As I posted above, the link to Bahama's testing rules for cruise ships doesn't say anything about it being mandatory/required for vaccinated individuals.   So, I don't get what's up with CCL.  John Heald even told someone today on FB that they didn't know what they were talking about and that Bahamas requires testing.   There's some serious disconnect somewhere.

This dates all the way back to June 15th.  I don't know if it has changed since:

https://www.bahamas.com/pressroom/the-bahamas-removes-covid-19-testing-requirement-for-fully-vaccinated-travellers

VACCINATED TRAVELLERS  

June 15, 2022
  •  
  •  
  •  

NASSAU, Bahamas, 15 June 2022 – In addition to eliminating the mandatory Bahamas Travel Health Visa, the Government of The Bahamas announced today that fully vaccinated travellers will no longer be required to submit to pre-travel COVID-19 testing to enter the country.

All unvaccinated travellers ages 2 and older will be required to obtain a negative COVID-19 test — either a negative RT-PCR test or a Rapid Antigen test — taken no more than three days (72 hours) prior to travel and present the negative test results at check-in before travel to The Bahamas.

Changes go into effect at 12:01 a.m. on Sunday, 19 June 2022.

Updated Guidance for Cruises Departing the U.S.

We are currently developing updated protocols that provide for the continued safety of our guests, crew, and the communities we visit, better align with the travel and hospitality sector, and meet destination regulations. This means we’re transitioning to the point where everyone will be able to vacation with us.

Starting with August 8, 2022 departures, we will revise our testing requirement for most U.S. sailings:

• • Fully vaccinated guests will only have to show a test result at boarding if the sailing is 6 nights or longer.
  • • Unvaccinated children will still need to show a test result to board all sailings, regardless of length. However, they will not need to test again at the terminal.
  • • Guests will now have the same test standard, regardless of vaccination status: You can show a negative test result from a supervised PCR or antigen test taken within the 3 days before your boarding day. Learn more.
  • • This revision does not apply to guests whose itinerary visits Canada or Bermuda. They will still need to follow our current testing protocols until further notice.

Our current testing protocols will remain in place through August 7, 2022 for all U.S. departures.  

We are continuing to work with our destination partners to evolve and finalize other travel protocols, as we begin transitioning to the point where everyone will be able to vacation with us. We look forward to providing more updates in coming days
  • Thanks 1

On 7/28/2022 at 11:27 AM, CruiserNic said:

I've wondered about that, too.  And their statement says something about "maintaining a percentage of vaccinated guests."  Does that mean they are going to allow more unvaccinated on the ships?

Nothing like being clear as mud. Royal needs to be more specific with their updates.

FWIW Carnival just sent out emails a few minutes ago stating the the testing for Bahamas cruises 5 nights or less are no longer required.  (After saying earlier they were) to match what Royal and the others are doing.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Nothing like being clear as mud. Royal needs to be more specific with their updates.

It looks VERY clear to me on the healthy sailing section of the website. People are confusing the issue by continuing to refer to some unofficial Facebook posts and other internet chatter.

1 minute ago, not-enough-cruising said:

It looks VERY clear to me on the healthy sailing section of the website. People are confusing the issue by continuing to refer to some unofficial Facebook posts and other internet chatter.

Nothing like going to the horses mouth, that's for sure!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, dada2199cc said:

Facebook is live, RCCL website IT is known dysfunctional and outdated.

That may be true.  But, it's official, for what that's worth.  LOL  But seriously, I have not been let down by the FAQ in royalcaribbean.com.  You just have to make sure you get the most current page/info (I always TRY to find dates).  IT isn't responsible for the information on the website, just making sure it is up and running smoothly, that's where they go wrong. 

Edited by Ret MP
And I don't do Facebook, Twitter, and I try to stay away from Youtube
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, deliver42 said:

According to Michael Bayley, these protocols are for one week only. After 08/14 stay tuned for more changes. No hint of what changes.

Likely the next change will rbe that longer cruises won't require testing for vaccinated passengers. 

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

They are believing what they want to believe. They are deluding themselves. Facebook is the last place to look for reliable information. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2