ENchanted PRincess leaving from Southhampton

quinrae's sister

12 minutes ago, quinrae's sister said:

I was hoping someone would have advise on where to stay in London or Southhampton.  I’m told the port is about 2 hours from London, , but not too far off the train line.  Anyone ?

I also found this website very helpful also.

https://www.londontoolkit.com/travel/southampton_london_transfers.htm

3 hours ago, quinrae's sister said:

I was hoping someone would have advise on where to stay in London or Southhampton.  I’m told the port is about 2 hours from London, but not too far off the train line.  Anyone ?

IMHO National Express Coach is an easier option. If taking the train from Heathrow you have to go to London & change trains. If taking the bus from Heathrow, it's nonstop. 

https://book.nationalexpress.com/coach/#/choose-journey

As to lodgings: I'm staying at Moxy. Was going to stay at Leonardo Royal Harbors Southampton but switched last week. Check with your roll call, others on it may have additional ideas

• Like 1

The other thing to be aware of, if you're traveling soon, is that there are a series of strikes planned for the railway which massively impact service. Check the dates and make sure that you won't be affected.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, polk01 said:

The other thing to be aware of, if you're traveling soon, is that there are a series of strikes planned for the railway which massively impact service. Check the dates and make sure that you won't be affected.

Yes good point about the strike.

Trains from London leave from: Waterloo/Clapham Junction (also East Croydon) so if you make sure you can easily get to one of these via transport or otherwise you'll be good.

It's about 1.5-2 hours from London depending on when/where from etc

We did this about a month ago to meet Sky in Southampton. Princess offered a charter bus the morning of embarkation from Victoria Coach Station. We spent the night before in a Doubletree about 3 blocks away. Walked to the station in the morning, boarded the bus about 10a. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, stinsonm said:

We did this about a month ago to meet Sky in Southampton. Princess offered a charter bus the morning of embarkation from Victoria Coach Station. We spent the night before in a Doubletree about 3 blocks away. Walked to the station in the morning, boarded the bus about 10a. 

I’ve done this several times with Princess transfer from Victoria Coach Station.

hotels: Rubens at The Palace, Langham, Sheraton by Heathrow.

Very well organized. As they take your luggage & you see it again at your cabin door.

I stay at Premier Inn West Quay, Southampton with a bar and restaurant.  A short taxi from Southampton National Express Coach or train station and a short taxi ride (under £10) to the dock.  Close to West Quay shopping mall for last minute items.

I have stayed at Premier Inn Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) in London.  Hotel has a bar and restaurant, close to. Thamas river, London Eye, Hop On Hop Off buses, regular bus, 2 tube stations, Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Waterloo train station, pubs, restaurants.

If traveling to Southampton on embarkment day, check out International Friends.  They pick you up from certain London hotels, stop at Stonehenge then drop you off at Southampton dock.

They go on disembarkment days to Salisbury, Stonehenge, Windsor then drop you of at certain London hotels, LHR hotels and LHR (good if you have very late flights).

Go to Cruise Critic - Port of Call - Britain

www.internationalfriends.co.uk

www.nationalexpress.com

www.londoneye.com

www.premierinn.com 

www.londontoolkit.com

Edited by phabric
  • Thanks 1

On 8/1/2022 at 6:26 AM, dog said:

I’ve done this several times with Princess transfer from Victoria Coach Station.

hotels: Rubens at The Palace, Langham, Sheraton by Heathrow.

Very well organized. As they take your luggage & you see it again at your cabin door.

To take advantage of this service, do you need to book your hotel through Princess or can it be an independent booking?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Senga said:

To take advantage of this service, do you need to book your hotel through Princess or can it be an independent booking?

You just book transfer on Personalizer.

you can book your own London hotel.

• Thanks 1

@dog: For my upcoming cruise personalizer did not offer me to book transfer nor allowed this. There was a note that i have to call Princess. Didn‘t understand this as Princess is trying to automate and allow self-service as much as possible.

19 minutes ago, MouseBerry said:

@dog: For my upcoming cruise personalizer did not offer me to book transfer nor allowed this. There was a note that i have to call Princess. Didn‘t understand this as Princess is trying to automate and allow self-service as much as possible.

In the personalizer click on Travel- that is where transfer is offered. If not agent will have to do it for you.

also they may have cut back what they offer.

we have also taken the coach on our own. One leaves from LHR & another leaves from Victoria Coach Station. These are cheaper then princess coach, and go to bus station in Southampton.  Princess coach takes you & your luggage directly to ship.

$76.11 CAD pp

I did a mock booking & see the transfer I mentioned.

Edited by dog

We stayed in London  (East side) in a lovely boutique hotel; The Rookery. It was actually pretty close to many sights we wanted to see (after taking the trains) a train station is super close. On the morning to embark, the hotel called a cab which drive is to the Victoria Coach Station. We had booked this transfer through Princess and it too 1.5 to 2 hours to Southampton- $59.00 per person.

If you use chat with Princess on-line to book your Southampton transfers, be sure to make check that the agent is only adding the transfers. We booked the transfers and an hour later our EZ tickets were cancelled, and we were charged a penalty for cancelling so close to the trip. It was a very long and frustrating challenge to have Princess undue their mistake.

• Like 1