Alfredo's Pizzeria Regal Princess

broadwaycam

8 minutes ago, broadwaycam said:

We will be going on Regal Princess in January. I was curious if Alfredo's Pizzeria gets a long wait for lunch? Do they give you a buzzer or something if on a wait?

We never had to wait long.  Depends on how crowded the ship is. 

34 minutes ago, broadwaycam said:

We will be going on Regal Princess in January. I was curious if Alfredo's Pizzeria gets a long wait for lunch? Do they give you a buzzer or something if on a wait?

The longest we’ve waited is five minutes.  Most passengers forget or don’t realize that it’s a complimentary dining venue and walk on by.  The best place to eat lunch on embarkation day!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

I think most people don't realize it's complimentary so don't even consider it as on option.

Sadly, that happens with International Cafe as well. People think they will have to pay extra - especially as the coffee venue is there and has posted prices for coffee drinks.

We never had to wait. As others have said, it is an overlooked gem !

The tables are "turned" pretty quickly.  Thirty minutes from walking in to walking  out, so that keeps queues to a minimum. 

We love the half and half pizzas! 

We always split a pizza. The waiters seem to expect us to order a pizza each but we can't possibly eat that much food.  I do see most folks ordering a pizza apiece though...

In my experience,  there's little to no wait most of the time. And it IS a good thing to check out on embarkation day, far less chaotic than the buffet.

However, I've seen a long line (and no beepers) a couple times on port days when almost everyone came back from port at the same time.

Jim

Edited by jasbo49

48 minutes ago, Thrak said:

We always split a pizza. The waiters seem to expect us to order a pizza each but we can't possibly eat that much food.  I do see most folks ordering a pizza apiece though...

Totally agree.  People order a full pizza each, and the weight challenged eat it all, and the others leave at least half of the pizza. 

I think the menu should clearly state that you can order a half and half to share.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Sadly, that happens with International Cafe as well. People think they will have to pay extra - especially as the coffee venue is there and has posted prices for coffee drinks.

I frequently have had longer waits at the International Cafe than Alfredo’s.

Great pizza! 
As an aside, we stop first at the IC for a small salad and then go into Alfredo’s and split a pizza. Works out just right! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Billish said:

Totally agree.  People order a full pizza each, and the weight challenged eat it all, and the others leave at least half of the pizza. 

I think the menu should clearly state that you can order a half and half to share.

Are the pizzas normal size or individual?

14 hours ago, Billish said:

you can order a half and half to share.

We share a pizza, half a pizza the kind I want and my friend has half a pizza the kind that she wants.  You can add or delete any ingredients as long as they have it.

10 minutes ago, Murray's Pop said:

Can you get a custom pizza or just the menu items?

If they have the ingredients they will make it what you want.   I add pineapple, extra cheese, pepperoni to my half and my friend adds what she wants extra to her half.

23 minutes ago, phabric said:

If they have the ingredients they will make it what you want.   I add pineapple, extra cheese, pepperoni to my half and my friend adds what she wants extra to her half.

Pineapple on a pizza?????

Some people are just weird! There is only one true pizza in my book -  Pepperoni (with extra pepperoni) but I guess I am a little weird too....

Edited by Sunshine Bob
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On the Regal in the Fall of 2018, we had a port cancelled. We decided to eat at Alfredo's and it was not really crowded. We waited 2 hours for our lunch. They were really messed up that day. That was our first and only experience with Alfredo's... but, yes, we will try again.

They gave us all tiny glasses of Limoncello to make up for the horrible service. But, I am the only one who drinks, so it really would drink it, so the others really did not have any compensations.

Their pizza is the best. Crust perfect and great sauce.. We have had to wait 10-15 minutes at times and we split one pizza plenty for us We will be on Island in September and will miss Alfredo's

Edited by gvre
spelling

2 hours ago, gvre said:

Their pizza is the best. Crust perfect and great sauce.. We have had to wait 10-15 minutes at times and we split one pizza plenty for us We will be on Island in September and will miss Alfredo's

Absolutely- great service,  great pizza.