Question for Recent Visitors to The Netherlands

Roz

I have 3 cruises booked over the next 8 months.  I've been monitoring Covid requirements and changes.  This is from the Tauck website.   See the sentence below in purple.  Is this true?  It's not a deal breaker for me.  I just want to be prepared.  

"For entry to the Netherlands:

• All American travelers must bring proof of full Covid vaccination.
    • All American travelers must present a negative test result from a NAAT/PCR test taken within 48 hours before departure, or an antigen test taken within 24 hours before departure.
    • All travelers will need to fill in a health declaration, which will be provided by the airline.
    • In the Netherlands, all non-essential shops, venues and restaurants currently close at 5 PM. At hotels, only room service is available after 5 PM. This does not affect meal service on the riverboat or other elements of the shipboard experience.
    • A digital Covid certificate may be required to enter dining venues and some leisure facilities in the Netherlands (not required for take-out or for museum entry). This does not affect any of the included sightseeing on your Tauck itinerary, and the certificate is not required for travel. If you wish to have more options for your free time, your Tauck Directors can assist you with organizing an optional Covid test at your own cost."
Edited by Roz

Thank you, @Daisi.  Looks like the Tauck website isn't up to date.  All I could picture was having to order cheese, crackers, and a Heineken from room service every night. 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roz said:

In the Netherlands, all non-essential shops, venues and restaurants currently close at 5 PM. At hotels, only room service is available after 5 PM. 

Not true while we were there earlier this month.  Hotel and other restaurants open normal hours as were shops.  Canal boats running as well.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, IflyWJ said:

Hi there, can I ask if anyone knows...  it you have 2 vax but not the booster, can you enter the Netherlands with a negative PCR or Antigen test?  Thank you!

Currently, the Netherlands requires one booster if the you 2nd vaccination was more than 270 days before.  No 2nd booster is required though.

• Thanks 1

The Netherlands defines fully vaccinated as having received your final primary dose of COVID-19 vaccination no more than 270 days prior to travel. After 270 days the Netherlands requires you receive an additional booster dose of vaccine. There are no exceptions or exemptions to the booster dose requirement. The booster dose is considered valid immediately upon receipt and does not expire.  

26 minutes ago, suslang said:

The Netherlands defines fully vaccinated as having received your final primary dose of COVID-19 vaccination no more than 270 days prior to travel. After 270 days the Netherlands requires you receive an additional booster dose of vaccine. There are no exceptions or exemptions to the booster dose requirement. The booster dose is considered valid immediately upon receipt and does not expire.  

Thank you very much!

On 7/30/2022 at 6:19 PM, Roz said:

I have 3 cruises booked over the next 8 months.  I've been monitoring Covid requirements and changes.  This is from the Tauck website.   See the sentence below in purple.  Is this true?  It's not a deal breaker for me.  I just want to be prepared.  

"For entry to the Netherlands:

• All American travelers must bring proof of full Covid vaccination.
    • All American travelers must present a negative test result from a NAAT/PCR test taken within 48 hours before departure, or an antigen test taken within 24 hours before departure.
    • All travelers will need to fill in a health declaration, which will be provided by the airline.
    • In the Netherlands, all non-essential shops, venues and restaurants currently close at 5 PM. At hotels, only room service is available after 5 PM. This does not affect meal service on the riverboat or other elements of the shipboard experience.
    • A digital Covid certificate may be required to enter dining venues and some leisure facilities in the Netherlands (not required for take-out or for museum entry). This does not affect any of the included sightseeing on your Tauck itinerary, and the certificate is not required for travel. If you wish to have more options for your free time, your Tauck Directors can assist you with organizing an optional Covid test at your own cost."

We just got back from Viking's Grand European Tour, which originated in Amsterdam on July 31st, and were in Amsterdam the day before the cruise.  We printed out the health declaration, as Viking directed us to do.  At Passport Control, we were told that that is no longer a requirement, and he didn't even look at it.  Everything was open.  No Covid test requirements anywhere.  Your bigger issue might be the low water levels, unless it rains substantially before you travel.  We had to swap ships in Passau, and only followed our original itinerary on 4 of the 14 days.  Many optional tours cancelled, one stop added, others shortened considerably.

@meg1021, thanks for the info.  Did you have to show your vaccination card?  So no negative test required?  

I'm cruising in December thru the canals of The Netherlands and Belgium so I'm hoping water levels aren't an issue.  

P.S. Just got back from "the Burgh" and my 52nd HS reunion. 

I think you’ll find that everyone is pretty laid back about covid at the moment and trying to take everything as it comes. Be as careful as you want i.e. no one considers a mask, no hand shakes, semi social distancing strange if you want to do it ‘do it’. G.B. Has just approved a joint vaccination that covers original and newer strains of the virus so that’s my next one when it’s required. We have to live with the dam thing like all the other pesky viruses that evolve in our world I am just thankful that we have superb ‘nerds’ to identify and help nullify them.

• Like 2

On 8/16/2022 at 12:52 PM, meg1021 said:

We just got back from Viking's Grand European Tour, which originated in Amsterdam on July 31st, and were in Amsterdam the day before the cruise.  We printed out the health declaration, as Viking directed us to do.  At Passport Control, we were told that that is no longer a requirement, and he didn't even look at it.  Everything was open.  No Covid test requirements anywhere.  Your bigger issue might be the low water levels, unless it rains substantially before you travel.  We had to swap ships in Passau, and only followed our original itinerary on 4 of the 14 days.  Many optional tours cancelled, one stop added, others shortened considerably.

Same experience here.  

meg1021, I didn’t realize we were on same cruise!