Updated policy vs. Bermuda

Brieanna817

Hey all! Just looking for clarification of this make sense - leaving on 8/11 for a 4 night to Bermuda out of NY.  WAS all set up with a Telehealth visit with Radeus for the at home proctoring test  on 8/8 (as the now old policy required).  I was looking at what Bermuda required besides the $40 authorization fee but it looks like they require a test 4 days prior to arrival - I’m thinking I should switch our appointment to 8/10? I just feel like this is going to hurt a lot of peoples chances of getting on the island if everyone doesn’t test the day before we leave? Thoughts? 

Bermuda still requires a covid test. i am also on the 8/11 sailing and i will be getting testing on 8/9

you only need a covid test 2 days before sail date.

our cruise gets to bermuda in less then 4 days, do not follow that side of the chart on the bermuda website.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Stick93 said:

I have a feeling many people will not be testing before. I don’t plan on getting off the ship anyways but they need to clarify. 

If you don't test, you're not getting on the ship. While Carnival dropped testing requirements, they still are going by Bermudas requirements and you must have everything in order before you even get on the ship regardless if your plans are to stay on board or not. When in Bermuda, nobody looks at your vaccine/test status nor do they even check your travel authorization. They won't let you in the cruise terminal to board if you don't have everything they require however. 

We were just there 2 weeks ago.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, teknoge3k said:

If you don't test, you're not getting on the ship. While Carnival dropped testing requirements, they still are going by Bermudas requirements and you must have everything in order before you even get on the ship regardless if your plans are to stay on board or not. When in Bermuda, nobody looks at your vaccine/test status nor do they even check your travel authorization. They won't let you in the cruise terminal to board if you don't have everything they require however. 

I will be testing because I can see the writing on the wall. But that email is gonna confuse the $&@$ out of people on this cruise. That ship will not leave on time! There will be hundreds without tests from that email. 

1 minute ago, Buckeyefrank100 said:

Why would you not get off the ship in Bermuda??????????   That should be against the law.

While I agree 100%, when we were there 2 weeks ago a lot of people stayed on the ship on day 2. Carnival doesn't dock there (depending on the port schedule) and tendering in was such a PITA since they use lifeboats instead of actual tender boats.

2680 pax trying to get to an island on lifeboats. Both days we were at least 3 hours late getting off of the ship, and on day 2 the back on board time was noon. It was a cluster'f.

Just now, teknoge3k said:

While I agree 100%, when we were there 2 weeks ago a lot of people stayed on the ship on day 2. Carnival doesn't dock there (depending on the port schedule) and tendering in was such a PITA since they use lifeboats instead of actual tender boats.

2680 pax trying to get to an island on lifeboats. Both days we were at least 3 hours late getting off of the ship, and on day 2 the back on board time was noon. It was a cluster'f.

Wow, when I went to Bermuda on Ecstasy we docked at King's Wharf. Using the ship's small tenders would be a pain to say the least.

8 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Wow, when I went to Bermuda on Ecstasy we docked at King's Wharf. Using the ship's small tenders would be a pain to say the least.

We were on the Legend, and it was a nightmare. We went into King's Wharf. NCL Joy and Celebrity were docked there. Apparently most if not all of the Carnival ships have been having to tender in from stories I have read. They have an actual tender boat, but Carnival did not want to pay the dock employees in Bermuda to operate the tenders, which is why they went in on lifeboats. 

20220721_120008.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stick93 said:

I will be testing because I can see the writing on the wall. But that email is gonna confuse the $&@$ out of people on this cruise. That ship will not leave on time! There will be hundreds without tests from that email. 

I agree 100%.  I listen to a lot of cruise vlogs and read these boards, so I'm very aware of what's  going on.  If I weren't, I would have read the email sent to me by Carnival, referring to me as "Dear Carnival Guest" and assumed that when it said that as  of 8/4 cruises of 5 days or less are exempt from pre-cruise testing and assumed that it applied to my 8/11 Bermuda cruise.  After all, they know where I'm going and they sent me this email!  However, I was fairly certain that it was incorrect, so I clicked  the link to the Have Fun Be Safe policy, which told me that Canada and Bermuda cruises are still requiring testing.  The email made NO mention of exemptions, based on where you're sailing and didn't instruct you to check if your cruise destinations still required testing.  I predict CHAOS at the terminal for the first Bermuda cruise that sets sail after 8/4.

56 minutes ago, Buckeyefrank100 said:

Why would you not get off the ship in Bermuda??????????   That should be against the law.

personal reasons - but I agree its a wonderful Island that is very easy to get around and very safe!

4 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

Just got back from Bermuda yesterday, as said above,you will not be allowed on the boat if you don't test.. 

The testing requirements now also include the Bahamas and Grand Cayman as of an update yesterday. I am guessing a lot of people will be upset when the arrive at the pier in a few days, are unaware of this and are denied boarding.  

https://www.carnival.com/legal/covid-19-legal-notices/covid-19-guest-protocols

TESTING REQUIREMENTS (UPDATED 8/01/22)

CRUISES 5 DAYS OR LESS

Except where destination requirements differ, effective with sailings departing August 4, 2022, there will be no pre-cruise testing for fully vaccinated guests booked on certain cruises with itineraries 5 days or less. Due to destination requirements, ALL guests on itineraries that include Bahamas, Bermuda and Grand Cayman must complete a pre-cruise test, irrespective of the length of the cruise. For these itineraries, guests may take either a PCR or antigen test starting 3 days before departure and including embarkation day, provided test results are received in time for check-in (for example, if the sailing is on Saturday, the test may be taken any time from Wednesday).

1 hour ago, JT1962 said:

The testing requirements now also include the Bahamas and Grand Cayman as of an update yesterday. I am guessing a lot of people will be upset when the arrive at the pier in a few days, are unaware of this and are denied boarding.  

CRUISES 5 DAYS OR LESS

Except where destination requirements differ, effective with sailings departing August 4, 2022, there will be no pre-cruise testing for fully vaccinated guests booked on certain cruises with itineraries 5 days or less. Due to destination requirements, ALL guests on itineraries that include Bahamas, Bermuda and Grand Cayman must complete a pre-cruise test, irrespective of the length of the cruise. For these itineraries, guests may take either a PCR or antigen test starting 3 days before departure and including embarkation day, provided test results are received in time for check-in (for example, if the sailing is on Saturday, the test may be taken any time from Wednesday).

Meanwhile Carnival is apparently the only cruise line requiring testing for The Bahamas at this point...

2 minutes ago, Fredric22 said:

Meanwhile Carnival is apparently the only cruise line requiring testing for The Bahamas at this point...

Yes, so far. Royal Caribbean begins their new testing policy on Aug 8 and still haven’t posted the details on their website, that I have seen, so they may require testing for the Bahamas as well.  I can’t imagine Carnival deciding to do this on their own if it was not a requirement from the Bahamas.

Just now, JT1962 said:

Yes, so far. Royal Caribbean begins their new testing policy on Aug 8 and still haven’t posted the details on their website, that I have seen, so they may require testing for the Bahamas as well.  I can’t imagine Carnival deciding to do this on their own if it was not a requirement from the Bahamas.

Virgin has already dropped testing last week and no changes so far today....

1 hour ago, JT1962 said:

CRUISES 5 DAYS OR LESS

Keep reading.  Further down it also says (updated 8/1/22 and there's no mention of Bahamas

13 minutes ago, emcelh said:

Keep reading.  Further down it also says (updated 8/1/22 and there's no mention of Bahamas

I see that now.  it appears Royal left themselves an out with the following statement after the update for sailings after Aug 8. 

“Details on the above protocols, as well as any other guidelines for your vacation, will be provided to booked guests the week of August 1, 2022.”

Edited by JT1962