MSC Just Removed Testing To Match RCCL and CCL. Is NCL Next?

GA Dave

1 minute ago, cruiserbear55 said:

Forgot to mention. You can go on You-Tube and watch any number of videos that will show you the testing process.

Thanks going to just pay the $ I feel more comfortable as it is the easiest 

Additional information was just published regarding the timeline for when RCL may remove all pre-testing  (45 days). Of course, the port still has a say, but the trend is definitely moving toward ports requiring fewer and fewer covid protocols.

image.png.f61ab77d8ca440e92f980f804a457b8c.png

https://www.thestreet.com/investing/royal-caribbean-ceo-hint-when-fully-drop-covid-testing

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Have you ever actually tried to get help from a politician?  I've tried with Senators and Governor, and all were a total joke.  Some intern responds with boilerplate blah, blah, blah, thank you for your support!

Yes. I once got help from our state legislator.

I had a checking account hacked, and my state refund was supposed to go into an account that was now closed. They were able to get in touch with the state tax department who then had someone contact me. It was changed to our check would be mailed to us. And it was.

Also years and years ago, my parents were able to get help from our Congresswoman. Mom needed a passport. She was born in the Ukraine in 1919 and had emigrated with her parents as a toddler. It probably helped that she served as a WAVE (and met my Dad who was in the Navy) during World War II.

On 8/2/2022 at 1:43 PM, oteixeira said:

It was reported via the carnival release on testing that the require it.  I am more confused then ever.  

https://www.cruisehive.com/carnival-cruise-line-clarifies-which-sailings-require-testing/77920

Just to follow up on this topic.

Carnival made an error. They have totally backtracked on their original statement saying Bahamas required Pre-Testing. Lots of CCL people with egg on their face claiming it was the Bahamas with the rule. REALLY bad communication went out and lots of people were confused. Took only a few days to sort it all out, but as I expected, Bahamas will not be requiring a pre-test.

image.png.f144b4c47da1dcb002041d684aae1d40.pnghttps://www.cruisehive.com/cruise-news-update-august-6-2022/78244#h-carnival-cruise-line-backtracks-on-the-bahamas

I believe that Grand Cayman is the only Caribbean port still requiring pre-test and they can hold out because they don't need cruise revenue. Bermuda falls in the same category. I believe Canada will also relax their rules sooner rather than later. 

The dominos are falling....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I believe that Grand Cayman is the only Caribbean port still requiring pre-test and they can hold out because they don't need cruise revenue. Bermuda falls in the same category. I believe Canada will also relax their rules sooner rather than later. 

At the same time Carnival backtracked on the Bahamas, they also backtracked on Grand Cayman.  According to Carnival, no test is required if you are fully vaccinated sailing on a 5 night or less cruise to Grand Cayman.  I have seen others post that Grand Cayman very recently dropped their testing requirements.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, prmssk said:

At the same time Carnival backtracked on the Bahamas, they also backtracked on Grand Cayman.  According to Carnival, no test is required if you are fully vaccinated sailing on a 5 night or less cruise to Grand Cayman.  I have seen others post that Grand Cayman very recently dropped their testing requirements.

WHOA... thank you for that little tid bit. I was thinking GC would hold out a bit longer. I typically stay up to date on cruise news and haven't seen this article yet. 

On 8/2/2022 at 9:41 AM, graphicguy said:

I believe vaccinations are going to be part of the check in process for the foreseeable future (if not permanent).

They were the first out of the shoot upon start up that required them.  It's been quite successful. Their passengers appreciate the health protocols they've put in place.  They're sailing at capacity.  

As they say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

NCL must have thought it was broke because they fixed it!!

NCL is now leading the entire industry in removing all vaccine requirements.

image.png.1ae612093df04e9abab17f4a0835a0e3.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

NCL must have thought it was broke because they fixed it!!

NCL is now leading the entire industry in removing all vaccine requirements.

image.png.1ae612093df04e9abab17f4a0835a0e3.png

This doesn’t say they are removing all vaccination requirements. They are just now going to allow unvaccinated individuals to board (they don’t actually say how many or use the phrase “all”).

1 minute ago, prmssk said:

This doesn’t say they are removing all vaccination requirements. They are just now going to allow unvaccinated individuals to board (they don’t actually say how many or use the phrase “all”).

You are 100% correct. Good eye. I got excited because this is such a HUGE change in policy for the industry. Currently Princess, Virgin, RCL, MSC all allow somewhere between 10-20% unvaccinated. NCL could start with this phase in approach too.

Like everything with covid, policies remain fluid and we will have to wait patiently for clarity on this change in NCL protocol. I suspect it will be spelled out tomorrow at the Earnings Call.