ordering flowers for the cabin

Ilovesailaway

They are beautiful, long lasting and inexpensive for the quality. My last ones stretched to 9 days     Order ahead because it can be difficult to get the order fulfilled once on the cruise (staffing shortages and supply chain)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

They are beautiful, long lasting and inexpensive for the quality. My last ones stretched to 9 days     Order ahead because it can be difficult to get the order fulfilled once on the cruise (staffing shortages and supply chain)

My experience as well as to quality.  They will remain lovely throughout a 7-10 day cruise, at least.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

My experience as well as to quality.  They will remain lovely throughout a 7-10 day cruise, at least.  

Thanks for your answer as well as thanks to @Mary229. Our next cruise (9-day Sea of Cortez) will be our first since April 2019 AND include our 32nd Anniversary. I do all the planning so I can surprise my DH with a bouquet! 

• Like 3

I was thinking of ordering some for my wife but I was also concerned about how much of the usable space in the cabin they would take up. We have a verandah cabin and while it will be big enough for our needs, the berths are not huge with limited table/desk/shelf space.

1 hour ago, Troubador222 said:

I was thinking of ordering some for my wife but I was also concerned about how much of the usable space in the cabin they would take up. We have a verandah cabin and while it will be big enough for our needs, the berths are not huge with limited table/desk/shelf space.

If you choose the right arrangement you will be fine IMO.  Judge by the picture.  I would be tempted to put it on the table and just move it to the desk if you are using the table for eating and drinking or other things.

I’ve been very pleased with any ordered flowers.  In the old days, DH would sometimes also order on board but I do believe supplies are limited these days and not having sailed since B.C. (Before Covid) I would pre-order.

I pre-ordered for a friend on a HAL cruise just a couple of months ago and her bouquet was beautiful.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Troubador222 said:

Choose the smallest option, it’s footprint was about the same as an ice bucket.  I was in a verandah on the NS

• Like 3

2 hours ago, QuattroRomeo said:

We have often ordered flowers on cruises; never had a bad bouquet! Recently we ordered them on Koningsdam out of Vancouver. See photo in link below:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2857586-koningsdam-review-may-28-june-4/?do=findComment&comment=63342547

I ordered this same arrangement on my recent Koningsdam cruise and the flowers were just as fresh looking the last day as they were on the first day.  I have ordered different flowers on different cruises for several years now and the only one that needed to be replaced was a tropical arrangement on a 30 day Hawaii/South Pacific cruise.

Jane

• Like 1