Jim_Iain - Summit Live Post B3B Greenland / Iceland / Canada Aug 7, 19 and 31, 2022

Jim_Iain

@Jim_IainI had to chuckle when I saw you and Iain in those bright long sleeve tshirts. You reminded me of the Wiggles. You may not have heard of them? They're a very popular Australian Children's entertainment group. I think you'd both make great Wiggles!

image.png.0d0d322abbdfd3f1a0941f2a56552c06.png

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Redking said:

@Jim_IainI had to chuckle when I saw you and Iain in those bright long sleeve tshirts. You reminded me of the Wiggles. You may not have heard of them? They're a very popular Australian Children's entertainment group. I think you'd both make great Wiggles!

Iain being British knows the Wiggles well.   We do have lots of bright TShirts. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

There may be some changes.   First off -  Yesterday they had 2 ships in port.   The guide said that it is overpowering the city and starting next year they will be allowing only one ship per day in port at the same time.

2nd -   Starting this year they are allowing Electric and Electric Assisted Bikes on the trail roads in the park.   They have opened a number of rental locations within the park.

They have opened a company called Arcadia Gem - which rent electrical vehicles - 2 - 4 and 6 Passengers.  They can be used in town and in the park. 

Not sure if this is new but they have a Free Bus Service called Explorer Express, sponsored by LL Bean.   They are propane buses and on their site have a live tracker to where the buses current location.   Great way to save money and visit most if not all the places the tour buses go.

image.thumb.png.b4d39e26ceb7b1077c92098a5a94201b.png

The Explorer Express is not new, and I’m glad to hear it remains.  There also is a concert in the park held I think in July, I think it’s only a week, maybe shorted.  The buse run special routes for that evening event.  

• Thanks 1

Hi Jim

Thanks so much for your amazing pictures from Bar Harbor and Peggy's Cove.  You had picture perfect days and seeing images from Bar Harbor/Acadia meant the world to me. My friend lives in Nova Scotia and is always sending me pictures from Peggy's Cove, Halifax, etc.  Stunning in many ways!

You must have 'lobstah' in Maine as that's how it's pronounced there. Gotta love it!

If you have time in Portland for lunch... check out "https://portlandlobstercompany.com". My husband and I had lunch there several years ago and the food was amazing. I can't eat shellfish (I know... so sad) but he flipped out with the lobster roll.  A quaint Maine eatery that is really good.  There are so many places to have lunch there and a beautiful city to tour around. 

Not sure how you are entering Portland but if you can see the Portland Head Lighthouse (https://www.visitportland.com/blog/2020/03/11/portland-head-light/) you will be in awe.  One of my favorite lighthouses in Maine besides Rockland Breakwater, Owls Head and Pemiquid. 

Thanks so much for sharing all of your cruises with us and the amazing photos as well!

Cheers!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, IsItTimeToCruiseYet? said:

Hi Jim

Thanks so much for your amazing pictures from Bar Harbor and Peggy's Cove.  You had picture perfect days and seeing images from Bar Harbor/Acadia meant the world to me. My friend lives in Nova Scotia and is always sending me pictures from Peggy's Cove, Halifax, etc.  Stunning in many ways!

You must have 'lobstah' in Maine as that's how it's pronounced there. Gotta love it!

If you have time in Portland for lunch... check out "https://portlandlobstercompany.com". My husband and I had lunch there several years ago and the food was amazing. I can't eat shellfish (I know... so sad) but he flipped out with the lobster roll.  A quaint Maine eatery that is really good.  There are so many places to have lunch there and a beautiful city to tour around. 

Not sure how you are entering Portland but if you can see the Portland Head Lighthouse (https://www.visitportland.com/blog/2020/03/11/portland-head-light/) you will be in awe.  One of my favorite lighthouses in Maine besides Rockland Breakwater, Owls Head and Pemiquid. 

Thanks so much for sharing all of your cruises with us and the amazing photos as well!

Cheers!

Love the Maine accent.  Saw a tshirt with two sheep.   Bahhhhh. Haba 

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

Last night Dinner. 

We started with the smoked Tomato Soup.  It comes out with a mixture of cheese , tomatoes and croutons    They then pour soup over top  

2C87551B-B656-4D28-B35D-E8F41C48975B.thumb.jpeg.c068088724e54ee408e6648a28640875.jpeg

8CF6B066-2FC4-4B10-9063-80715800FC60.thumb.jpeg.8fb02d74b252a5d60ffe1b5b7f081cf0.jpeg

For our main we had the Turbut which is our favorite.   The sauce that comes with it is lip smacking good. 

313AE1BB-71D2-48F5-933F-035200E4D636.thumb.jpeg.5111479fd88b6b332ffe7552ce8adb83.jpeg

For desert Iain had the Chocolate Tart

6E5AA38D-74CE-4314-BD2B-E4598098A5CC.thumb.jpeg.43c124603a8973df272da866f236eedf.jpeg

I had the pear and honey gelato 

00361AC1-0AB3-4E63-B0C8-B5C1C8696F9D.thumb.jpeg.9ba5d9868a0d3339179e9f6cff59d93f.jpeg

• Like 7

15 hours ago, Redking said:

Not only have we heard of them they hold a very fond place in the hearts of our family.  They were my daughter’s favorite group as a child! She called them the woogies.  It was in fact the first concert she ever attended.  At age two.  

• Like 2

Jim, such a treat to read your posts every morning with a cup of coffee in hand.  I belong to your Photo Fan Club!  You make even the most insignificant items look special in your photos.  It takes a special eye to do that, which I don’t think any number of photo taking classes could possibly instill in me!  

Joanie

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Redking said:

We have an in-home daycare so we know the Wiggles very well. We even have a Wiggles step stool in the daycare bathroom.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Following along Jim/Iain. Enjoying your pics, both the ports and food!!!!!! At some point if you are comfortable, can you post who your personal retreat hosts have been along the way. We were on Summit July and Equinox May. Our room steward was Nelson who you mentioned. He was great to us. 

We loved Penelope as well, very nice!!!!! Thanks Jim.

7 hours ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

Jim, such a treat to read your posts every morning with a cup of coffee in hand.  I belong to your Photo Fan Club!  You make even the most insignificant items look special in your photos.  It takes a special eye to do that, which I don’t think any number of photo taking classes could possibly instill in me!  

Joanie

I hate to say it but I take loads of pictures even when him.   I find new stuff every day. 

Fortress of Louisbourg and Lighthouse 

We had a shorty day in Sydney Nova Scotia today. All aboard time was 2:30.  Thus we did a ship tour 

First stop was the oldest Lighthouse in Canada. 

Lighthouse of Louisbourg. 

FB795F3B-A25F-4A39-AB08-586CD56C49EE.thumb.jpeg.18b85d13e4a43460a2cb485fbf889ec0.jpeg

DC1C40E3-DAF3-4CF8-9223-709F9C36A608.thumb.jpeg.9e11e83de2a5852210a3b88ed7303536.jpeg

31A75485-55E7-4C98-A0A4-422DC2725840.thumb.jpeg.bca3d59d68030ad173a57e7998f85fb3.jpeg

E3D74340-46F1-4833-868D-056F7FB823E5.thumb.jpeg.3ae5db0d30d5f288b90e4bfb9465db2f.jpeg

114C7223-2978-4134-8E40-79E307429D92.thumb.jpeg.f85b31023e704d118ec29bc35276c50e.jpeg

• Like 14

10 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Fortress of Louisbourg and Lighthouse 

We had a shorty day in Sydney Nova Scotia today. All aboard time was 2:30.  Thus we did a ship tour 

First stop was the oldest Lighthouse in Canada. 

Lighthouse of Louisbourg. 

We did an a very similar itinerary on Summit several years ago.  On our stop in Sydney (full day in port), our tour included a stop at a recreated Scottish village.  All the buildings were original to early Scottish settlers, but many had been relocated to create this settlement.  Our provided snack was delicious, fresh shortbread baked there that morning.  They even gave me the recipe.  I would have enjoyed Iain’s take on that stop!

• Like 1