Live From the Summit, 8/7 to 8/31, from an Aqua passenger viewpoint

Ken the cruiser

Tonight after dinner in Blu we went to see country singer, Patrick McMahon, who was great!

D895348D-875C-4801-BD57-0079AE9676AF.thumb.jpeg.2d02eca4b5cc2fb01bba0991df48de05.jpeg

Then of course we headed to the game show in the Rendezvous Lounge called This or That, which was a lot like the True or False game show we’ve seen on both Celebrity and Princess cruises. 

8679FE25-7725-4751-A198-581695E5FD39.thumb.jpeg.77b454d837247fe3349f11e6da03e20f.jpeg

Then it was back to the cabin to take our unofficial home tests we brought just to make sure we were negative going into tomorrow. And so far so good!! Yay!! 😁

AD7BB3AA-6128-4FE7-AECB-5039B3A29AD5.thumb.jpeg.10117237c909cc930e86a160d6846787.jpeg

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

I am just a tad late to the party, but I am so glad I took the time to catch up on your live blog.  It is filled with helpful tips from your observations as well as the comments of others, such as unhiding the stateroom safe code and the stateroom key on the app.  I might have to go back through it again and take better notes.  It is nice to see a cruise from the perspectives of different passengers.  I appreciate you providing the links to your previous blogs because I plan on reading them.  Please forgive me if I passed by the answer.  What device are you using to capture the wonderful shots you have been sharing?  Best wishes for a fantastic return voyage.

Paul

Thanks for your kind words. I’m using an iPhone SE which is one of those that only has one camera lens. Then I Bluetooth the pictures over to my 7th Generation iPad, which I got on our Edge cruise back in August with all the OBC they gave us due to cruise fare reductions, to crop them first before posting.

BTW I was also late to the game when it comes to Bluetooth as I just learned about its capabilities on this cruise! 😂😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jwlane said:

Here's the IG video your Captain posted of the cruise thru Prins Christian Sund.  https://www.instagram.com/reel/ChTCf8EouxB/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Can you click on it to make sure it works as I just get a blank page when I click on it. But then I don’t have an Instagram account either if that makes a difference. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Can you click on it to make sure it works as I just get a blank page when I click on it. But then I don’t have an Instagram account either if that makes a difference. 

Ken and @jwlane, I see only a blank page as well when I click the link . . . and, Ken, I do have an IG account, so that is not the problem.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks for your kind words. I’m using an iPhone SE which is one of those that only has one camera lens. Then I Bluetooth the pictures over to my 7th Generation iPad, which I got on our Edge cruise back in August with all the OBC they gave us due to cruise fare reductions, to crop them first before posting.

BTW I was also late to the game when it comes to Bluetooth as I just learned about its capabilities on this cruise! 😂😂

If you link your iPhone and iPad, they then share iCloud storage and you can call your photos up on either device. No moving pictures from one device to the other. 

15 minutes ago, jwlane said:

Try this....  https://www.instagram.com/p/ChTCf8EouxB/

Looks like the stuff after "/?utm" is the problem.

Nope. Unfortunately, I still get the blank screen on both my iPad and iPhone. But then we’re not getting a lot of bandwidth on the ship either. But at the same time it’s not that bad either, especially the download speed which this would be using.

But that’s OK, thanks for posting it. Maybe some folks will be able to take advantage of your link. 😁

015CE8AC-BB3F-417A-ADE6-C4DE30A005AC.jpeg.471e992702cb164062aab6d1757300a1.jpeg

10 minutes ago, downsmead said:

If you link your iPhone and iPad, they then share iCloud storage and you can call your photos up on either device. No moving pictures from one device to the other. 

We used to do that. But as many photos as I’ve been taking on our various cruises, it doesn’t take long for the iCloud folks to send us an email suggesting we buy more storage. I know. Who knew they had a hinden agenda. 😂😂

44 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I do have an account and can’t open it.

• Thanks 1

We’re going on a whale watching safari excursion tomorrow where we meet on the pier at 12:15 pm with a 10 minute walk to the boat. After the various rumors about how cold it is in Iceland this time of year, I thought I’d check the weather. The high for tomorrow looks like it will be when we’re out on the boat, and it’s not forecasted to be too windy. So those are two positives, sort of. Hopefully, we’ll be in an enclosed boat where there is heat and we’re looking out the windows at a bunch of whales breaching all around us. One can hope anyway. 😂

6F1C6CA1-E7A3-4832-9BAB-88B16C0F43E4.thumb.jpeg.aceb37d35b37e50ce58d0bc319888ed5.jpeg

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Oville said:

I do have an account and can’t open it.

FYI, it didn't open for me, but I opend Instagram on another tab in Chrome (working on a chromebook) and signed in, then reloaded the link and it worked.

Hope that helps somebody!

Mary

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, mhoffrob said:

I opend Instagram on another tab in Chrome (working on a chromebook) and signed in, then reloaded the link and it worked.

And down that rabbit hole I went.  I don't have my IG password noted, so logged in with FB credentials.  Cool video, but it is soooo small on my computer screen.  Sorry, but how do I make it larger?  I haven't read IG for dummies yet.🙄🤪

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If you want to be really cool you can call it by it’s official Apple name: “Airdrop”. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Alanr204 said:

If you want to be really cool you can call it by it’s official Apple name: “Airdrop”. 

Oh no! 😯 That’s too much knowledge in too short of time. First, I had to learn how to use it. Then I had to be taught it’s one word instead of two. And now I’m learning that Bluetooth is only the transmission mechanism to move data between two Apple devices and Airdrop is the file transfer process used to move files between those Apple proprietary platforms. Thanks everyone! I am getting so in tune with today’s technology on this cruise!

Life seems so less complicated back in the days when the MILNET, 2400 baud dialup modems and getting registered in the WHOIS database was all the rage! 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

While I was taking this picture, the Captain announced that there was a small number who have recently tested positive and everyone has to now wear a mask while indoors on the ship, and the crew will be enforcing it.

Hopefully, there weren’t too many B2Bers testing positive this morning, but maybe enough to put it over the masking threshold when combined with existing cases onboard. I know we haven’t received our “negative” email yet. But at the same time no one has been knocking at our door either, as it has been 2 hours since we tested. 

4669EA69-B28C-4FA1-9564-5A4FD020912B.thumb.jpeg.f3abc91b71111f51ce003a06f9715d38.jpeg

• Like 5

While waiting to go on our whale watching excursion, I thought I’d take a walk around the upper deck to see the view from up top! The first thing I noticed was that we’re not alone. The Island Princess is parked next to us, which explains all of the excursion buses we saw as we were cruising in.

0D258E62-A377-48DA-9B8F-F71117146E8F.thumb.jpeg.6420d65b181ad4d0a94ff2c651db8d5b.jpeg

6C6D791D-8838-47E0-826E-ACC69BE3666C.thumb.jpeg.7762536b51ee4c69092828a96a8f804d.jpeg

426E9FD1-87FB-4C70-A9CA-86A71B334D42.thumb.jpeg.d0eed2cc51c98cb0aa42671f56261e86.jpeg

9589AD89-4315-484A-98AB-2C77AD1AA7F7.thumb.jpeg.d02b1d6aa3dc0d32f945161e78a257ae.jpeg

31919E3D-71BC-4C8B-94BE-C85145BB7FE7.thumb.jpeg.7cc7bb19c6400f7ba4011b5be1623b8a.jpeg

• Like 8

Ken, please let me know whether to choose port or starboard for the Reykjavik to Boston route, thanks!

Planning ahead for 2024. There will be a group of us and my current thinking is to book OV cabins toward the stern of deck 3 on both sides of the ship so we can visit each other depending on views. Would prefer veranda cabins if pricing not too far above the OVs- have you made much use of your veranda?

Hi Ken.... still loving this thread! Would you kindly let me know at your convenience whether you are finding Aqua worth the upcharge, other than the cabin location?  I have us booked on Infinity for a Holy Land/Egypt sailing out of Athens in 2024, and we already are in a Sunset Veranda, so it looks like the only improvement would be Blu... and there are no aft AQ cabins available.  Thanks!

• Like 1