Lanyards

grammi

22 hours ago, AV8rix said:

I circumvent the lanyard-dissers quite simply.  I use a retractable-reel one that clips to the waistband of my pants.  My top covers it so it is not visible as I travel through the ship.  Has a plastic pouch so I don't need to remove the key card to use it.

My wife does the same. 

• Like 3

The title of this thread reminded me to retrieve my lanyards from their hiding place.  Then I read that lanyards might be déclassé. 😮

Fortunately, I haven't been fashionable in my life,  and have become doubly unfashionable since I became eligible for senior discounts, so I don't care what anyone else thinks about them.  I pulled out both a standard lanyard and retractable one for both of us, and placed them in our carry on bags for later this week!  

Thank you grammi,  for the reminder.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, bluesplayer said:

Can someone go on Shark Tank and invent a lanyard that holds your room key and your reading glasses?  

I wear those glasses with unfashionable cords.....with a lanyard and a little bag for my phone I would feel like a Christmas tree.  So I like your question very much.

7 hours ago, bluesplayer said:

Can someone go on Shark Tank and invent a lanyard that holds your room key and your reading glasses?  

14 minutes ago, MAVIP said:

I wear those glasses with unfashionable cords.....with a lanyard and a little bag for my phone I would feel like a Christmas tree.  So I like your question very much.

Found this: Soft Sunglass Pouch squeeze top extra-Large soft eyeglass case wristlet lanyard & cleaning cloth https://a.co/d/dLIfOU3

This might sound dumb, but how is the hole in the card shaped? Is it a circle so it could go on a key ring, or is it an oval? My work badge clip has a plastic bit that slides through and snaps to itself but it needs an oval or longer thin hole vs. a circle to fit through.  It didn't occur to me that we should have a lanyard, so wondering if what I've already got will work or if we should hunt something else down. TIA.🙃

4 hours ago, ColoAndy22 said:

... how is the hole in the card shaped? Is it a circle so it could go on a key ring, or is it an oval? TIA.🙃

Slotted long enough for snap loop attachment. But... I had key ring lanyard thru slot and servers had trouble swiping since the slot is too close to magnetic stripe! Switched to black squeeze clip near corner of card shown in attached photo and problem solved. This is May 2022 card from Eurodam out of Seattle. Not sure if all HAL ships use same card type with slot.

Jeff

16600117195011205155606216273174.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MarinersBaseballFan said:

Slotted long enough for snap loop attachment. But... I had key ring lanyard thru slot and servers had trouble swiping since the slot is too close to magnetic stripe! Switched to black squeeze clip near corner of card shown in attached photo and problem solved. This is May 2022 card from Eurodam out of Seattle. Not sure if all HAL ships use same card type with slot.

Jeff

Thanks, Jeff! 

• Like 1