Iona....Seaview....Window Seat Cabins ?

janny444

We have a Seaview cabin....5304....booked on Iona  and the videos I have seen of Seaview cabins show them having a window seat....do all Iona Seaview cabins have a window seat or just certain ones ?

Not bothered about a balcony cabin in December visiting Northern ports but the window seats look just the job for us

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I would " bump" this thread to see if there is any response....we have booked Iona 5304 but would like a window seat.... any of you peeps know which cabins have a window seat .....hopefully the cabin we have booked has one. 

I've watched several blogs and it looks as if all the cabins they show with window seats have 3 or 4 lifejackets in the wardrobe. I wonder if it's when there are more than 2 berths in the cabin. We have a single sofa bed in October, so if my theory is right we will also have a window seat.

28 minutes ago, Danamis said:

There is a thread on a certain social media page that is just for Iona cabins. Someone on there has put a map of the cabins, marking which ones have window seats. Always takes me ages to find it though. Surely 5304 is a balcony deck though?

Thank you for that...Will take a look...take it that it is the well known social media site. Some cabins are balcony on that deck but some are sea view...only just found out that some have a window seat

41 minutes ago, janny444 said:

Thank you for that...Will take a look...take it that it is the well known social media site. Some cabins are balcony on that deck but some are sea view...only just found out that some have a window seat

Yes it is very well known.😅 It looks like the one we have booked, 4601 has a window seat. Hope it's correct!

2 hours ago, Danamis said:

There is a thread on a certain social media page that is just for Iona cabins. Someone on there has put a map of the cabins, marking which ones have window seats. Always takes me ages to find it though. Surely 5304 is a balcony deck though?

5304 is an inside cabin so will not have a window.

We were on Iona at Christmas in a balcony cabin. Our friends were in a Seaview cabin 4507 and had a lovely window seat (although their bed was alongside the wardrobes.)

We absolutely loved Iona and thought she was stunning.

We were just so happy to be back on a cruise ship after having 7 cruises cancelled !!

Hope this is helpful, enjoy your cruise.

We're on countdown for our Baltic cruise on Britannia on the 18th September 👍

Julie x

7 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Sorry I was trying to read the deck plan in the brochure, without using the necessary magnifying glass.

I have to use a magnifying glass as well, that’s why I prefer to look at deck plans online. Only trouble is they don’t always have the legend. 

Edited by Gettingwarmer

• 4 weeks later...

I’ve had both a window seat and a window alcove on Iona. Both are excellent and I would probably go for the window cabins over a balcony. I’ve had three window cabins on deck four and find it a great position as it’s usually the same deck they use for the gangway so getting on and off is easy. It’s also lovely being so close to the water. I have had a few balconies on Iona too which are great but can be a bit noisy with wind and can rattle a bit too - nothing to bad but the seaview cabins are quieter. The alcove in the window is a large window sill that you can sit on, I used the cushions on the sofa and spent a lot of time reading my book as it was so cosy.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, janny444 said:

Just had confirmation from P&O ....through my TA....that all sea view cabins on Iona have a window seat....in my mind an excellent feature in the sea view cabins

Actually that is not right…there are a few that don't. That well known social media group for Iona has a list of those that do and dont…😄

On 9/17/2022 at 11:21 AM, P&O SUE said:

I haven’t been on Iona but I think those window seats look great! Go to the site with Y and T in the name, some videos there.

Oh I don’t know what site that is, obviously being stupid, give me another clue please . 

Okay, think I might know what you mean , will try but I thought that only had videos not a list of which do and which don’t 

Edited by amajaa

On 9/17/2022 at 10:19 AM, janny444 said:

Just had confirmation from P&O ....through my TA....that all sea view cabins on Iona have a window seat....in my mind an excellent feature in the sea view cabins

Unfortunately they have told you incorrectly.  I have compiled a list of all the Deck 4 and 5 seaview cabins on Iona and there are quite a few that people have reported back have no window seat

4 hours ago, amajaa said:

Oh I don’t know what site that is, obviously being stupid, give me another clue please . 

Okay, think I might know what you mean , will try but I thought that only had videos not a list of which do and which don’t 

The ones I know that DON'T have a window seat are 4232, 4235, 4250, 4253, 4636, 4642, 4657.  There are 21 on Deck 4 and 5 we still don't know about.  Hope this helps you choosing a cabin

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We are thinking of cruising with P&O for the first time (on the Iona) having cruised with other companies. we are also thinking of a seaview cabin but as far as "That well known social media group for Iona has a list of those that do and dont" I haven't a clue what people mean, maybe because I'm not British?  Anyway I wanted to ask about cabins 4447 4431 4429 4477 if someone happens to know whether these have window seats?

Also, we are cruising as a couple and I wanted to know if to avoid those cabins that have an option of 4 beds? Or maybe there is no difference between the various seaview cabins?

5 minutes ago, r1955 said:

We are thinking of cruising with P&O for the first time (on the Iona) having cruised with other companies. we are also thinking of a seaview cabin but as far as "That well known social media group for Iona has a list of those that do and dont" I haven't a clue what people mean, maybe because I'm not British?  Anyway I wanted to ask about cabins 4447 4431 4429 4477 if someone happens to know whether these have window seats?

Also, we are cruising as a couple and I wanted to know if to avoid those cabins that have an option of 4 beds? Or maybe there is no difference between the various seaview cabins?

There is a page of Iona cabins and suites on the site you mention. It lists cabins with a window seat or not, and whether the bed is near the window or the wardrobes. Sorry not to have answered the question about specific cabins!

3 hours ago, r1955 said:

The trouble is that like I wrote I haven'y a clue which site you mean.

We are not allowed to name it, but it's probably the most well known one, but not Musks.

As for 4 berth cabins, it really does not matter since most extra berths will either be Pullman bunks concealed in the roof, or sofa beds, neither of which should affect your use of the cabin as a couple.