Dock in Barcelona Can I make this flight?

whoshwhosh

I have to use some flight credits with Virgin Atlantic within a specific timeframe and am looking at a med cruise that docks in Barcelona at 7am. Would  I be able to catch a 10:15 a flight at BCN if I did self-embarkation and took a taxi to the airport?

thanks for any info

1 minute ago, whoshwhosh said:

I have to use some flight credits with Virgin Atlantic within a specific timeframe and am looking at a med cruise that docks in Barcelona at 7am. Would  I be able to catch a 10:15 a flight at BCN if I did self-embarkation and took a taxi to the airport?

thanks for any info

Considering you'd have to be at BCN at least 2 hours early, it's very rushed.  I wouldn't risk it. You never know if there will be a delay getting back into port, or for the ship to clear and start letting people off.

14 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

Considering you'd have to be at BCN at least 2 hours early, it's very rushed.  I wouldn't risk it. You never know if there will be a delay getting back into port, or for the ship to clear and start letting people off.

My thoughts as well!  All I'd be thinking throughout the cruise is 'hope I make it, hope I make it, hope I make it!'  Why ruin a good cruise.?

Question to whoosh whoosh:  Do your air credits say "Use by" or "Fly by"?  Makes a Huge Difference.  Use by means you have to book by that date, while Fly By means just that.  If they are use by, you probably have to fly by a certain date after the use by date.  On the other hand if they are fly by dates why not change your cruise to an earlier date?

• Like 1

my experience was Sept 2019, so not current.

There were lots of taxis waiting at the dock at 7am.  It was a 20 minute ride to the airport.   The airport itself was a zoo; long lines and people not sure where they should be.  We needed that full 2 hrs at the airport.

A 10am flight wouldn't be in my comfort zone. If you miss the flight, what would a last minute ticket cost you?   My flight was 1pm so no stress.

• Like 1

We just experienced Barcelona airport in June 2022. We got there 2 hours ahead of time and needed every minute as our boarding group was being called as we got to the gate.  Granted, we were coming from a hotel as we stayed an extra day after getting off the ship.  We were at the airport at 5:00 a.m. on a Sunday morning and lines were almost out the door.  All ticket counter lines were full. If we could do it all over, we would have gone 3 hours early (which I believe now is the recommended time).  

I would not advise this...

Another vote for spending an extra day in Barcelona. If there's one part of our Med cruise that almost ruined the entire vacation was booking a tight flight home on the last day. I started stressing about debarkation 2-3 days before our return. To add more stress, the ship was late docking about one hour due to weather. We got the gate right as they were starting the boarding process. Had we been delayed another 30 minutes, we would've never made the flight.

We will either book a much later flight next time or spend an extra night. It wasn't fun stressing instead of enjoying what was otherwise a wonderful vacation. 

Edited by Tapi