Luggage Direct - is there a list of ports where it is available?

MogeyMan

Used it in SEA-TAC disembark this weekend. Wish I'd known about this earlier, but usually drive to ports. It's the only way to go, esp since it was free with HAL!

They did say we'd have to disembark early, but not really enforced. Wish I had  stayed on board longer in the future, but wife is a rule follower.  

Edited by JesseLivermore

On 8/9/2022 at 12:02 AM, JesseLivermore said:

Used it in SEA-TAC disembark this weekend. Wish I'd known about this earlier, but usually drive to ports. It's the only way to go, esp since it was free with HAL!

They did say we'd have to disembark early, but not really enforced. Wish I had  stayed on board longer in the future, but wife is a rule follower.  

Can someone tell me more about this service and how I can get it free with HAL?  When I search on it I don't see any option where it is free...

37 minutes ago, GatorMomInNC said:

Can someone tell me more about this service and how I can get it free with HAL?  When I search on it I don't see any option where it is free...

It is only offered as a free service on World Cruises.  Otherwise they provide the forms and information and you set it up 

31 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

It is only offered as a free service on World Cruises.  Otherwise they provide the forms and information and you set it up 

Okay, thanks.  Not sure what is classified as a world cruise - I'm just doing a 2 week Aus/Nz cruise...

12 minutes ago, GatorMomInNC said:

Okay, thanks.  Not sure what is classified as a world cruise - I'm just doing a 2 week Aus/Nz cruise...

It is a specific cruise called the World Cruise.  It is usually around 3 months long or so

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, GatorMomInNC said:

I thought you were referring the program HAL uses in Seattle,  or the similar, but not free service HAL uses in FLL. Those are the only two places the service is generally available,  unless, as noted, you are on a world cruise. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have information on whether this might be available this upcoming season in Fort Lauderdale? In the past, can you tell me if a late afternoon flight was acceptable to use the service?

Thanks!

On 8/13/2022 at 4:43 PM, GatorMomInNC said:

Hello,

Most of the Grand Voyages, which includes the WC, Grand Africa, Grand SA (and used to be Grand Asia, Grand Europe, etc. on HAL) also uses Luggage Forwarding services (pickup from residence to port, return luggage from port to residence). As part of the marketing, the upper categories of cabins are given "free" luggage transfer services (like Seabourne and other cruise lines) which is usually included in the pricing anyhow (nothing in life is free, no?).

But even if one is not included in the "free" luggage transfer service it's usually still available for anyone. You just pay out-of-pocket for the same service.

Here's a link for Luggage Forward, if interested or applicable to your situation:

Luggage Forward® - Shipping & Luggage Delivery Worldwide Since 2005 

Have yourselves lots of fun & enjoy!

Be well.

Bob

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

When we shipped luggage for our Grand Voyage, it was handled by FedEx.  Everyone's was.

For sure.

The luggage transfer / direct folks utilize DHL, FedEx and UPS for their services. 
Depends on one’s location, needs and timing.

All works fine regardless of transport agent(s).

Be well.

Bob

On 8/13/2022 at 4:06 PM, CruiserBruce said:

Look over on the West Coast Departures board, where there are several threads on the topic. Or go to the website for the service:

https://www.portseattle.org/page/port-valet-enjoy-seattle-luggage-free

@JesseLivermore, its free for all cruise lines that participate.

I wish they'd do it both ways though. 

"Due to local custom regulations, you will disembark the ship in the first disembarkation group: 

This part was the only negative, even though we didn't really follow the rule closely. I wonder why this is??

Edited by JesseLivermore

On 8/13/2022 at 3:33 PM, GatorMomInNC said:

It is only free in Seattle because the port provides the service. All other ports that it is offered charge a fee which is $25 as I recall. 

• Like 1

On 8/29/2022 at 11:28 PM, zgscl said:

It is only free in Seattle because the port provides the service. All other ports that it is offered charge a fee which is $25 as I recall. 

$25/bag or person,  seems reasonable not to lug heavy bags. Will look for this going forward.  Made the $225 port fees/taxes worth it ,esp given how far ride share was.

Edited by JesseLivermore