Yes, another LIVE thread - From the Harmony of the Seas 8/14/2022 - Star Class - with a little Disney thrown in !!!

On 8/17/2022 at 8:00 AM, mac_tlc said:

The wifi is serviceable. I have heard folks being able to do zoom calls. It certainly is fine for typical stuff. I have done a couple speedtests. Here are the screen shots:

I intend to do one every day or more then post all the results on a map so folks can see the geographical variability, if any.

mac_tlc

32CFC05F-5AF7-477A-9CCC-392526558C95.png

4B974375-B112-4804-AEBD-16EAE3A48C6B.jpeg

A478A980-795B-4D82-9319-5CDB075A2D00.jpeg

Thanks so much!  Any further thoughts are appreciated.  I seem to have picked a bad week work wise to be gone ha.  

So we have made our last slight turn to the west and are now in a direct line to Port Canaveral. Today was a lazy day with some time spent in our hot tub. Boy, will we miss that next cruise! One more show tonight as the wife and I are going

to the Liars Club.  

This stateroom is pretty indescribable. It is huge so everyone can be together but also has enough privacy for everyone with the four bedrooms. It’s only available on the Harmony and Symphony and the prices are zooming upward, to double what we paid or even more depending on time of year. I don’t know if we will ever be able to do it again but I will try for summer 2024 as soon as the schedule opens. One can only hope! 

Star class does not have to put the luggage out the night before, rather they are put out in the morning. We will have breakfast at Coastal Kitchen around 7 and be met at 8 by Raj and then we will head off, with a weeks full of memories of an incredible cruise in a fabulous room on a wonderful ship with the whole family ! It can’t be better than that!!

mac_tlc

• Like 9

Thank you for a great review, @mac_tlc! I’ve enjoyed cruising along with you. Three weeks from tonight our bags will be packed and we’ll be ready to board Harmony in the morning! I can’t wait! We really appreciate all the info you’ve provided including the parking garage and show information, and the awesome pictures. Thank you for taking the time out of your family vacation to date your trip with us. 

14 hours ago, perfect match said:

Thank you for a great review, @mac_tlc! I’ve enjoyed cruising along with you. Three weeks from tonight our bags will be packed and we’ll be ready to board Harmony in the morning! I can’t wait! We really appreciate all the info you’ve provided including the parking garage and show information, and the awesome pictures. Thank you for taking the time out of your family vacation to date your trip with us. 

Thank you, Nancy. I enjoy taking others along! Hope you have a wonderful cruise !

mac_tlc

• Thanks 1

The morning went just as planned. All the bags were out about 6:50, then we headed to Coastal Kitchen. It was not crowded but got more crowded about 7:30ish. Raj met us in the Suite lounge at 8 and we headed down. The facial recognition at PC is great, if all goes well you dont even need to show your passport. In the car at 8:23, a requisite stop at Dunkin' (we New Englanders do miss it after a week), then onto Orlando. Pulled into the driveway at 9:59.

Third load of laundry is in and the kids are at Disney Springs!!

The eight of us start heading north tomorrow. My son and his wife fly out in the morning. My daughter, her husband and the grandkids start the drive back tomorrow. Wife and I are taking the autotrain north on Tuesday afternoon and will be home Wednesday. 

Once I load all the pictures to Flikr, I'll post a link for those interested. Also have more info on the internet speed as I tested it at a number of times. 

mac_tlc

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it took a little longer than I thought it would but here is the link to all of my pictures for this great trip.

Harmony of the Seas - Western Caribbean - 8/14/2022 + WDW | Flickr

When we arrived home, we found that our sweet 12 year old cat had lost a noticeable amount of weight. Without going into the details, she was diagnosed with cancer and we had to put her to sleep today. She was the sweetest, most social cat we have ever had and the past two weeks have sucked. Here is Jiko (yes, named after the restaurant at the Animal Kingdom Lodge) in her better days, she loved just sitting on the patio furniture outside. 

jiko.jpg

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 6

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of Jiko. Pets become members of your family and it hurts when they cross the "rainbow bridge." My sincere condolences...

Btw... loved your photo album. On the last page is that a pic of you and Benny, or should I say Waldo? lol...  Or am I totally mistaken?

Edited by Fontaid
Added to comments
  • Thanks 1

I’m so sorry to hear about your loss of your beautiful cat, Jiko.  Our pets are definitely family members, and it is hard on the rest of the family when it is time for them to go.

We lost our 18 year old boy Huntly in July two years plus one week to the day after losing his twin sister Carly. They were inseparable, but at least they’re back together now in cat heaven.

We adopted a rescue boy, Oreo, after Carly passed. He looks very much like your Jiko. We are very glad to have him as part of our family, and have recently added another little tuxedo, Lorna, who was being bullied in her former home. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Fontaid said:

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of Jiko. Pets become members of your family and it hurts when they cross the "rainbow bridge." My sincere condolences...

Btw... loved your photo album. On the last page is that a pic of you and Benny, or should I say Waldo? lol...  Or am I totally mistaken?

Ha Ha! I don’t follow a lot of You-tubers, but the other person on the photo (he has the white hat on) is a Disney/Orlando You-tuber that I follow. His YouTube name is “PagingMrMorrow”. He is a lot of  fun. We were sitting in the lobby at Old Kew West and he came in so I asked him for a picture. 

If you like Disney, I’d recommend following him. 

mac_tlc

3 hours ago, perfect match said:

I just checked out your Harmony and Disney pictures. Thank you for sharing them. 

We board Harmony on Sunday! Needless to say, we can’t wait. 

Thank you for taking a look and thank you for the kind words regarding Jiko. Sorry for your loss of Huntly and Carly and glad you have found other cats that can now have a great home and be loved….that’s what it’s all about. 

Have a wonderful time on Harmony!!

mac_tlc

Just now, mac_tlc said:

Thank you for taking a look and thank you for the kind words regarding Jiko. Sorry for your loss of Huntly and Carly and glad you have found other cats that can now have a great home and be loved….that’s what it’s all about. 

Have a wonderful time on Harmony!!

mac_tlc

So sorry for your loss 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...