Yes, another LIVE thread - From the Harmony of the Seas 8/14/2022 - Star Class - with a little Disney thrown in !!!

5 hours ago, cindyscruise said:

I read many  complaints about the music on the ships and Coco Cay.  The complaints are coming from all age groups.  Ear plugs are high on my packing list now.  A family vacation should give people time to talk to one another - not yell or just give up because it is too difficult to converse.

If you don't sit near the DJ, the music isn't loud at all. Our favorite spot by the pool is close enough to hear it but by no means loud (in our opinion).

Remember, the OP purchased an Oasis cabana so they couldn't exactly pick where to sit by the pool, it was assigned.

15 hours ago, JCDCA said:

Quick question: how has the WiFi been on board?  Would one be able to work from the ship/logon to the occasional zoom call?  Booked on HOS in the future but sometimes do need to be able to work remotely.  Thanks.  

The wifi is serviceable. I have heard folks being able to do zoom calls. It certainly is fine for typical stuff. I have done a couple speedtests. Here are the screen shots:

I intend to do one every day or more then post all the results on a map so folks can see the geographical variability, if any.

mac_tlc

32CFC05F-5AF7-477A-9CCC-392526558C95.png

4B974375-B112-4804-AEBD-16EAE3A48C6B.jpeg

A478A980-795B-4D82-9319-5CDB075A2D00.jpeg

14 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

If you don't sit near the DJ, the music isn't loud at all. Our favorite spot by the pool is close enough to hear it but by no means loud (in our opinion).

Remember, the OP purchased an Oasis cabana so they couldn't exactly pick where to sit by the pool, it was assigned.

There are twelve Oasis cabanas, numbered 21 through 32, with 32 being closest to the DJ. We were in 24. The music wasn’t bad in the cabana, but anywhere in the water was way too loud. We moved around, there are many seats along the “islands” in the lagoon pool. We typically kept finding the ones in the shade, both sides of the bridge. IOHO, it was too loud everywhere, especially if you wanted to have a conversation. 

mac_tlc

• Like 1

Let’s recap Tuesday. We were in Nassau with the Disney Wish and Carnival Liberty. Oasis class ships dock at the farthest pier from town. A hot walk with no shade. Lots of work being done in the pier area and it should be impressive when finished. 

Five of us took a couple hour stroll around the pier area, grandma had babysitting duty onboard —- which she loves. Stopped in a bunch of shops, a good way to grab some AC along the way. The cruise compass said to bring vaccination cards but they were never asked for. One store required masks although they all had signs on the doors requiring them— a sign of progress I guess. 

Stoped at Sharkeeez for a cold one on the way back. We’re back on board around 1:30, as we had the ice show at 3:30.

Ice show was good, we find them

very enjoyable. I fondly remember watching ice skating on TV With my mom, with Duck Buttons doing the commentary. Besides baseball, it was her favorite sport—- she would have loved seeing it on the high seas.

AE436F1E-3A71-4B93-B80A-D480179B889F.jpeg

4FFB2D90-1A9D-4E94-99FF-69CBB3864BE1.jpeg

We had dinner at 150CP and although we were not enthused with the menu it was excellent! There were four of us and everyone got something different so we could sample. It was a leisurely meal and clocked in at 2 hrs 15 minutes. We don’t mind the longer mea

times, we can save the quickie meals for home. 

Grease was at 8, with a packed house. Production was very good and was about 90 minutes.

Then it was back to the suite, where food just magically appears, and a few folks spent some time in the hot tub, which seems to be a nightly ritual!!

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 5

Some interesting statistics from the Top Tier event:

5,806 guests on board from 67 countries

2,234 C and A members

Gold - 1005

Platinum - 396

Emerald - 186

Diamond - 338

Diamond + - 164

Pinnacle - 55

One new Pin 

Top three:

2,033 , 2182 and 6,312

Top cruiser is #2 Fleet wide

mac_tlc

• Like 1

I’ve always lamented the lack of ocean-facing chairs on deck five, save for the ones in the aft. But wait, I don’t recall this area on Oasis or Allure——

0D046F6E-35AB-4F8E-BD98-85338782063C.jpeg

Located on deck 5, port side, forward. Nice area and I bet it’s never crowded.  I’m here alone right now. 

DF160000-B213-47AA-B555-927E2E666359.jpeg

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 4

On 8/16/2022 at 11:15 AM, cindyscruise said:

Ear plugs are high on my packing list now.  A family vacation should give people time to talk to one another - not yell or just give up because it is too difficult to converse.

If you're wanting family conversation, perhaps ear plugs aren't the best choice. 🤔 Just sayin'.😁

• Haha 2

Today we are in Falmouth Jamaica. Plan is to wander around the port area and have a meat pie and a red stripe ! Three of the group have a 12:30 spa appointment—- prices tend to be a little better on port days. 

Last night we had dinner at Wonderland, our first time there. All four of us that went loved every minute. Great presentation and explanation of each dish. Even the cocktails had a story. As You may have noticed throughout this thread, I don’t do a lot of food pictures, but here I will make an exception. Here are some pictures, but remember, things may not be as they seem !

726F2124-C2D8-40D3-9E4B-BDD0B757494F.jpeg

B2AF3BE5-A6BF-4BEE-80A9-9D13C818AC32.jpeg

A8732F7B-ABE6-4DED-8EDA-45E817EB0570.jpeg

8DEA67AF-E40A-42E0-9429-FE4AC323EC14.jpeg

ACD8FCA6-6670-4B32-80A9-6DA81D85C4E3.jpeg

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Today we are in Falmouth Jamaica. Plan is to wander around the port area and have a meat pie and a red stripe ! Three of the group have a 12:30 spa appointment—- prices tend to be a little better on port days. 

Last night we had dinner at Wonderland, our first time there. All four of us that went loved every minute. Great presentation and explanation of each dish. Even the cocktails had a story. As You may have noticed throughout this thread, I don’t do a lot of food pictures, but here I will make an exception. Here are some pictures, but remember, things may not be as they seem !

726F2124-C2D8-40D3-9E4B-BDD0B757494F.jpeg

B2AF3BE5-A6BF-4BEE-80A9-9D13C818AC32.jpeg

A8732F7B-ABE6-4DED-8EDA-45E817EB0570.jpeg

8DEA67AF-E40A-42E0-9429-FE4AC323EC14.jpeg

ACD8FCA6-6670-4B32-80A9-6DA81D85C4E3.jpeg

Interesting for sure, but think I would need some real food afterwards. Glad you enjoyed it. Would you go again?

How to Read Your Table Setting (Part Two)

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Interesting for sure, but think I would need some real food afterwards. Glad you enjoyed it. Would you go again?

How to Read Your Table Setting (Part Two)

Absolutely would go again. For the four of us they brought out five appetizers, 5 entrees and four desserts. Much of the food itself is “real”, such as Branzino, Halibut, chicken, short ribs, but presented on a different and very flavorful way. It was nice to go somewhere with a little whimsy in the presentation and construction, not just another NY strip, placed on mashed potatoes with carrots and asparagus on the side.

I have read reviews where people didn’t like it —— we loved it and would definitely go again. The smoke ring cocktail is amazing😜.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 3

We got off for a couple hours to wander around the port area. And of course, when in Rome: 

1DCA22AF-A04C-4AEC-B2A9-31DD7437EE82.jpeg

It’s a very nice area with plenty of stores. Picked up a couple of Piranha Joe T- shirts. My wife needs a wheelchair when we leave the ship and it was easy here. Flat and an easy push. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

We got off for a couple hours to wander around the port area. And of course, when in Rome: 

1DCA22AF-A04C-4AEC-B2A9-31DD7437EE82.jpeg

It’s a very nice area with plenty of stores. Picked up a couple of Piranha Joe T- shirts. My wife needs a wheelchair when we leave the ship and it was easy here. Flat and an easy push. 

mac_tlc

Love this picture, specially being able to see

the ship on the background.

Edited by LATTELOVE
add to comment
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LATTELOVE said:

Love this picture, specially being able to see

the ship on the background.

Thanks! I had to move around a bit to get the right view 😂

mac_tlc

Today we in Labadee. The group is undecided as to whether we will get off or not. It’s quite “warm” and we are finding it difficult to just not do this: 

DCF1142B-4C24-4BC6-B986-11ACE328E9CC.jpeg

Although this is pretty :

1063B3A4-D811-4A4A-88C4-833FC77A0157.jpeg

0521B929-20F8-46D0-AA2B-C14ECA83EF53.jpeg

for now, we are headed to the H2O zone with the grandkids……

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 2

Well, we decided to stay onboard today. Spent some time at the kids water area and in the pool, with plenty of space for all. I don’t anticipate that being the case tomorrow, our last day and a sea day. 

Half the group is heading to Izumi sushi and the other half to Izumi Hibachi for dinner tonight. 

We have skipped the headliner shows this week, I wish they would bring back Columbus, the Musical but in talking with our genie it seems to be radio silence on that issue. For those interested, the Escape Room is still lot functioning. Since restart, it has been broken and they seem to be unable to find maintenance folks to fix it since they are never docked anywhere long enough —- they would have to come onboard. Symphony’s did not experience the same issues and is up and running.

We are due a Crystal block on this voyage—- time to follow up on that. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mac_tlc said:

We are due a Crystal block on this voyage—- time to follow up on that. 

Good luck. We earned out first ever block on Harmony 5/29. I was told it would be shipped in 4 months but I'm expecting much longer. If you haven't read the crystal block threads on here, there's a severe backlog.

8 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Good luck. We earned out first ever block on Harmony 5/29. I was told it would be shipped in 4 months but I'm expecting much longer. If you haven't read the crystal block threads on here, there's a severe backlog.

We got a crystal block on Harmony in December.

On 8/17/2022 at 2:29 PM, ramja96 said:

If you're wanting family conversation, perhaps ear plugs aren't the best choice. 🤔 Just sayin'.😁

Funny - That is exactly what my husand would have commented.  You think I would learn to be more specific.  No the ear plugs are for when I am sitting on the deck or on Coco Cay.  Someone said the music is loud everywhere so I thought this would be a good thing to pack in case.  

• Haha 1