NCL switching from Pepsi to Coke Products

jabader

On 8/9/2022 at 4:19 PM, cruiseny4life said:

IF YOU'RE MESSING WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Haha, I heard a few weeks ago this might be happening. Oh say it IS so! 

You can't have a Capt. & Coke without the Coca-Cola....and I sure hope they get on Getaway before my cruise in 20 days! 

I want to see the faces of all "Coke Lovers" when they find out that the news are fake or it would take NCL forEVER to switch.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Trappedontheboat said:

I want to see the faces of all "Coke Lovers" when they find out that the news are fake or it would take NCL forEVER to switch.

Well that's just schadenfreude...I'm not expecting it to be on the Getaway in September. It'll be a happy surprise, but I'm expecting Pepsi. 

42 minutes ago, Trappedontheboat said:

LOL. Well, THIS Coke lover will be 'forced' to consume more beer, cider, cocktails and wine. Darn!

• Haha 3

On 8/10/2022 at 12:10 PM, grozzy1 said:

The next question is will it be the corn syrup coke from USA, or the sugar Coke the rest of the world drinks?

Agree I don't want any of that corn syrup stuff, fructose makes me really sick.

On 8/10/2022 at 10:33 AM, skeeter195 said:

I love Coke and hate Pepsi(too sweet).  I do not know why but I love Diet Pepsi and hate Diet Coke.  

On a cruise though I only drink soda to calm an upset stomach so it won't matter to me much.  

Hilarious.  I'm the same way.  Coke is better than Pepsi.  Diet Pepsi is better than Diet Coke.  But Coke Zero is better than both!  Someone said they didn't think NCL was going to offer Coke Zero though.  What a bummer.  Maybe it's just my perception, but I think Coke Zero is more popular than Diet Coke now.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, tetleytea said:

Now for the million-dollar question we need to know:    what if you have the soda package and try to smuggle on board Pepsi?

In Bermuda my husband was able to smuggle on a Coca-Cola. He didn't know he wasn't allowed, but they didn't seem to mind. It was sooooo nice to have a sip of coke later that night! 

7 hours ago, ugagrad97 said:

Hilarious.  I'm the same way.  Coke is better than Pepsi.  Diet Pepsi is better than Diet Coke.  But Coke Zero is better than both!  Someone said they didn't think NCL was going to offer Coke Zero though.  What a bummer.  Maybe it's just my perception, but I think Coke Zero is more popular than Diet Coke now.  

This was posted earlier on this thread in terms of what is more popular.

On 8/11/2022 at 2:23 PM, KKB said:

Diet coke = 8% of Coca Cola sales

Coke Zero = 3.5% 

Clearly enough to justify producing it

11 minutes ago, jimsig said:

This was posted earlier on this thread in terms of what is more popular.

Mexican Coke in a glass bottle!  The only real Coke as it was made when I was growing up.

No chemicals, zeros, diets, etc.  It's the real thing and tastes great.

11 hours ago, ugagrad97 said:

I saw pictures from the epic with Coke Zero. And I'd be shocked if Coca Cola didn't have them carrying Coke Zero. If you read their annual report, the zero brands since the relaunch are driving a significant amount of the carbonated beverage growth. They probably want to introduce as many people to the reformulation through as many channels as possible 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, jetact said:

Doesn't really matter to me as I do'nt drink either but a bartender on the Bliss last week told me they switch over on October 15th

Good to know.  We will be on Bliss mid November.  Okay either way.  Diet coke vs diet pepsi.  Would like to know what they are planning for their diet lemon lime option when they make the change over from coke to pepsi products.  The diet sierra mist offered before make a nice mixer.  Hate to see it go.

On 8/17/2022 at 3:52 PM, 1980dory said:

Mexican Coke in a glass bottle!  The only real Coke as it was made when I was growing up.

No chemicals, zeros, diets, etc.  It's the real thing and tastes great.

Isn't it true that the original Coke had trace amounts of cocaine, hence the name? Or is that just an urban legend?

20 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Isn't it true that the original Coke had trace amounts of cocaine, hence the name? Or is that just an urban legend?

Truth..

220px-Pembertoncokeanzeige.jpg

An early Coca-Cola advertisement

When launched, Coca-Cola's two key ingredients were cocaine and caffeine. The cocaine was derived from the coca leaf and the caffeine from kola nut (also spelled "cola nut" at the time), leading to the name Coca-Cola.[69][70]

Coca leaf

Pemberton called for five ounces of coca leaf per gallon of syrup (approximately 37 g/L), a significant dose; in 1891, Candler claimed his formula (altered extensively from Pemberton's original) contained only a tenth of this amount. Coca-Cola once contained an estimated nine milligrams of cocaine per glass. (For comparison, a typical dose or "line" of cocaine is 50–75 mg.[71]) In 1903, it was removed.[72

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

I think that was the very original, original coke and I believe you are right. I was thinking of the original as being offered in our lifetimes. I remember my trips to Mexico during the 60's and 70's and going to the agenceas to buy it by the case.

Today, you can still get that original, bottled cases at Sam's Club.  I also read where you can buy kosher coke during Passover.  It has a yellow bottle cap on it.  No chemicals, additives, etc.  Sadly, I couldn't find it anywhere in the area where I live.  Has anyone else seen it where you live?

• Like 1