NCL switching from Pepsi to Coke Products

jabader

On 8/11/2022 at 9:50 AM, RussNJodi said:

I just hope they get the Coke Freestyle Machines as part of this; seems appropriate for the Freestyle cruise line, no? 

I would love this! I only drink sugar-free Coke products but prefer the ones without caffeine in the late afternoon and evening. 

Actually, maybe this is bad. When it was Pepsi products I didn't drink soda for the length of the cruise except in port, and I don't drink alcohol either so I was being healthy and drinking lots of water. If they get Freestyle machines I'll end up getting the soda package and drinking more diet coke and less water.

• Like 1

for me in particular, this would be a tragedy of biblical proportions. im 74 and addicted to pepsi like some people are addicted to coffee. ive been drinking pepsi since i was about 5

while i dont mind coke, i prefer to say "pepsi please" 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, complawyer said:

for me in particular, this would be a tragedy of biblical proportions. im 74 and addicted to pepsi like some people are addicted to coffee. ive been drinking pepsi since i was about 5

while i dont mind coke, i prefer to say "pepsi please" 

In case it hasn't been mentioned already,

Find a creative way to bring Soda Stream Pepsi Soda Mix on board and mix it with some club soda from the bar?

• Like 1

In the New York area at least you can find watermelon Fanta and other flavors (peach, strawberry, etc.) in the self-serve machines at Five Guys and also at Noodles & Company.  Maybe I just saved you another trip to Europe, which is not a good thing at all, lol.

1 hour ago, rabidstoat said:

Also I was just in Europe on a land vacation, and I was excited by all the different varieties of soda that we don't have in the US. Watermelon Fanta is my new favorite! I'll have to go back to Europe for it, though.

15 hours ago, kylenyc said:

In case it hasn't been mentioned already,

Find a creative way to bring Soda Stream Pepsi Soda Mix on board and mix it with some club soda from the bar?

That seems like a lot of work when one is trying to enjoy themselves...when I drink soda, which isn't often since I'm fat and diabetic, I'm a Coca-Cola person...but if I really want a sip or two of soda and my husband has a Pepsi, I'll still drink it, then tell him how much better Coke is. 🙂 

@complawyer, sorry they got rid of Pepsi on you...but it does make me really happy! 

6 hours ago, complawyer said:

i can drink 4 or more pepsis daily, and my teeth are fine, thank you.

you can get ice tea, lemonade and a couple of other drinks out of the dispenser in the buffet

I used to drink 4 Coke's just at dinner and my teeth are still fine...the sugar, eh not so much. Mmmm iced tea is my savior! 

• Haha 1

On 8/10/2022 at 9:06 AM, jabader said:

I think I overheard them say no coke zero 😔 but I will double check today!

BirdTravels is on Breakaway and said she had Coke 0 there, at least for now.  I hope they do have.  I will make do with Diet Coke.

• Like 2

On 8/9/2022 at 4:58 PM, MichiganBound said:

I'm fine with Pepsi but I despise Aquafina water.  Good riddance Aquafina...hello Dasani!!

I prefer tap water.  It's much less expensive and doesn't come in a plastic bottle that is hazardous to your health.

On 8/14/2022 at 10:09 PM, Rusty Shacklefjord said:

Wait. Add juice additional $3.00 pp/day. I thought juice was included, specifically at breakfast meals? What are my options for included liquids? Water, coffee and hot/iced tea? (Also, I’m another Pepsi person, but I won’t drink four Pepsis a day. My teeth would fall out.)

Refers to fresh squeezed juices. Verses the reconstituted juice from syrup served everywhere else. 
67603E59-AF0D-4930-9871-A6B7C599DE61.thumb.jpeg.b9bb557989bc35e6cef933f955e45ea8.jpeg

• Like 1

On 8/15/2022 at 12:09 AM, Rusty Shacklefjord said:

Wait. Add juice additional $3.00 pp/day. I thought juice was included, specifically at breakfast meals? What are my options for included liquids? Water, coffee and hot/iced tea? (Also, I’m another Pepsi person, but I won’t drink four Pepsis a day. My teeth would fall out.)

There is a cool new invention called a toothbrush!

• Haha 1

On 8/14/2022 at 12:53 PM, bookbabe said:

DH, a diehard Pepsi drinker, is going to be very disappointed.  He’ll drink the Coke, but he won’t be happy about it.  

Would your hubby cancel over it? My wife would. She's a diehard Coke addict, and I think she'd mutiny over Pepsi! LOL

• Haha 1

On 8/11/2022 at 12:48 PM, SeaShark said:

So I'm just being curious here...

What size serving (in ounces) would NCL (or any other line) have to use for soda where you would not label it as "ridiculously small"? IOW, what would you consider a normal serving size for soda?

a 12oz cup with some ice would be a reasonable "small".  My last cruise on the Bliss in 2018, they were using 10oz cups that they would fill to the brim with ice.  You'd be luck if you got 5 oz of soda, as witnessed when one can was used to fill two drinks and the bartender didn't throw the can away indicating there was still more soda in it.

(Yes, I could ask them to no put so much ice and did so when I remembered)