NCL switching from Pepsi to Coke Products

jabader

1 hour ago, PATRLR said:

I think many if not most kids that drink soda would easily consume 4+ sodas per day.  Especially when you factor in just how ridiculously small they are.

If all 7 days were at sea days, I would be more apt to agree.   What I like is that you can track it on stateroom TV.   I'll bet on full port days, they would consume 1.

13 minutes ago, prov2727 said:

$3.60 a can including the auto-gratuity of 20%.

Gollee.   Gratuity...for a glass of soda.   And then when you bring that up, the answer is always, "NCL offers an unlimited drink package."   The drink package is even more ridiculous for most people.

But yeah, my math was wrong, because I didn't consider gratuity on the a la carte.  That lowers the come-out-ahead threshold to 4.

3 hours ago, PATRLR said:

I think many if not most kids that drink soda would easily consume 4+ sodas per day.  Especially when you factor in just how ridiculously small they are.

So I'm just being curious here...

What size serving (in ounces) would NCL (or any other line) have to use for soda where you would not label it as "ridiculously small"? IOW, what would you consider a normal serving size for soda?

4 hours ago, RBrowny said:

As @vacation44 said, good work. This will be interesting, do you think they will have Sprite and Fanta now, as well or something else as they've moved to Cola?

Does anyone know if Sprite/Fanta will be available with this change or is it another company providing?

On 8/10/2022 at 10:32 AM, mast3rn8 said:

I would venture to say they will - Coke Zero is incredibly popular and from what I've found, all the other lines that carry Coke products have Coke Zero on board.

Diet coke = 8% of Coca Cola sales

Coke Zero = 3.5% 

Clearly enough to justify producing it

• Like 1

Do they have Aha (or other flavored sparkling water) and does the Free at Sea beverage package cover that? Sparkling water is the only type of soda I'll drink (except for Ginger Beer, if you want to consider that a soda...)  Thanks!

Edited by kayjaypea42

Any word if the change has been made on the Getaway yet?

Personally hoping NOT as I board tomorrow.

Truly NOT a big deal since most ships serve Coke & I really do not drink much soda anyway.

Having to drink a Diet Coke will not ruin my cruise...😉

On the Joy and the surprise of seeing Coke can I almost came here first thing to post.  The first few days it seemed like it was still Pepsi at some of the restaurants but in the bars it was coke and it was from cans so you knew.  Not sure what is in the guns everywhere, but in the garden cafe it clearly says coke and sprite etc. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, queenschick9b said:

On the Joy and the surprise of seeing Coke can I almost came here first thing to post.  The first few days it seemed like it was still Pepsi at some of the restaurants but in the bars it was coke and it was from cans so you knew.  Not sure what is in the guns everywhere, but in the garden cafe it clearly says coke and sprite etc. 

Thanks for verifying!   Now, just to let us be ready, is it Diet Coke or Coke Zero...or both?

• Like 1

On 8/11/2022 at 3:50 AM, RussNJodi said:

I just hope they get the Coke Freestyle Machines as part of this; seems appropriate for the Freestyle cruise line, no? 

Those machines constantly run out of flavors in high traffic locations; they must have small amounts of concentrate per 100 flavors. If NCL courageously takes this on, note there is an app to have it pour your customized mix. I love mixing two of the 30 or so diet flavors plus one sugar flavor. It's silly to only have the extreme of high vs no calories.

3 minutes ago, SlipperyVic said:

This is a disappointment. 

If they get Canadian formula Coca-Cola it would be drinkable, but the American formula is vile. 

Much like Pepsi eh?

Here's to the Coke regime! And obviously it's going to be the American formula. Why would it be Canadian? I'd much rather Mexican Coke, but I'm smart enough to know that won't happen.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Much like Pepsi eh?

Here's to the Coke regime! And obviously it's going to be the American formula. Why would it be Canadian? I'd much rather Mexican Coke, but I'm smart enough to know that won't happen.

No reason why it would. 

Canadian Coke is very similar to Mexican Coke. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/12/2022 at 6:36 AM, Pennidk said:

Anybody know what will replace Mountain Dew? Could hope for Mellow Yellow 🙂

I'm still waiting for Royal Crown Cola to come back so I can check under the cap for a free soda.

Edited by kylenyc
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6