how do you get to port canaveral from MCO

HakunaMatada

once I rented a car at the airport got a room near the port, returned car at a local rental location and took a cab.

last time I think we was picked up by a bus and dropped bacl off from a bus we got at the terminal, I cant remember if we flew in the day before on that one.

Anyway, we are making our 3rd trip in Sept. and was wondering what your experiences have been.

When we cruised on the Mardi Gras in April we flew in the day before and stayed at a hotel near MCO that had a free shuttle from MCO to the hotel. We then took an Uber from the hotel to the port.  Can't remember the cost but it was reasonable and the transfer time was about 45 minutes. 

We have taken Uber/Lyft from MCO (or a hotel close to MCO) many times, however for our most recent trip (April) rental car prices had finally come back down to somewhat normal and that was our best option.  I was concerned about trying to get the free car rental shuttle to Port Canaveral with it being so busy (boarding Mardi Gras) but as it turned out it was the best option by far.  The shuttle was waiting for us as soon as we turned in the car (I literally never stopped walking from the car return counter right onto the shuttle and it left immediately).  At PC there was a huge traffic jam of cars trying to get into the parking garage and drop people off, but the shuttle company was allowed to bypass all of it and took us straight to the ship (they have a designated drop off/pick up area).  The excellent service continued when we rented a car after the cruise also.  We had priority debarkation, walked off the ship early, immediately spotted the shuttle waiting and it left as soon as we sat down.  We were in our rental car and headed to Disney World in record time!  🙂

• Like 1

We drove him crazy in March.  Yes, pick us up, no they are stuck in Mass, cancel.  No problem & full refund.  No, they found a flight, pick us up again. Still no problem, we’ll be there.  Oh Sh$t, that flight got cancelled too, don’t pick us up.  Again no problem.  Although he said he’d refund, I said no.  For all the on off on off, keep it.  

14 hours ago, HakunaMatada said:

disregard, just got email from cortrans and they are sold out both dates

Same thing happened to us past April. Most shuttles sold out. I guess Spring break... We ended up getting hotel near MCO (was late flight night prior) with free shuttle. Morning of cruise, we took hotel shuttle back to MCO and took Carnival shuttle to PC. Must book in advance as Carnival excursion. wasn't cheapest but we few options as we booked rather last minute. Met ppl on ship who planned on using Uber to get back to MCO.... They said Uber surcharge was $160. So keep that in mind, but not sure if that is typical

On 8/9/2022 at 7:02 PM, HakunaMatada said:

disregard, just got email from cortrans and they are sold out both dates

You can pre-book an Uber now before even leaving for your trip.  I just started a thread asking if anyone has done that and if they were successful

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

You can pre-book an Uber now before even leaving for your trip.  I just started a thread asking if anyone has done that and if they were successful

Perhaps they were successful but they probably paid $$'s.

4 hours ago, molly361 said:

Are you saying they charge more to pre reserve an Uber as opposed to getting one once you dock?

I have no idea, but the possible surge pricing using Uber to Port Canaveral might be a surprise. At least when booking with a shuttle company you know the price point for their service.

We are arriving at MCO after 10pm for our next cruise. We are staying in Cocoa Beach for a few days before so we don't want to stay at the airport that night. I tried Cortrans and Cruise Control for a transfer but neither operate a private transfer that late. I tried Cocoa Beach Shuttle and Happy Hour Shuttle, both were a similar price so I have booked with Happy Hour, they get good reviews and you pay at the time of your ride so I am happy with that. If they fail to show up, we'll figure out an Uber or Lyft.

I also tried Mears but their quote was about double of all the above mentioned companies!

• 3 weeks later...