Changing guests in 2-bedroom suite from 3 to 5 people

Ambergirl202

We just found out that the third person in our 2-bedroom suite can’t join us and we’re scrambling to find a replacement. One possibility is a couple and their 6-year old daughter. Does anyone know if such a change would be feasible and if the overall cost for 5 people versus three would differ from what we were quoted? We still have time before final payment is due, but it would be crazy to have all that room for only two of us! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

47 minutes ago, Ambergirl202 said:

Thanks! I was waiting until we had a better handle on whether we could find someone else before I contacted the cruise line.

What ship and cabin category? You would almost certainly be required to pay for the extra person and might lose whatever perks you booked with if the current promo/fares are different. One thing in your favor, if the suite can hold five, is that right now "Kids Sail Free"!

Did you originally book with TA, PCC, or HAL switchboard/website? Because you'll have to make any changes the same way...

By ship's capacity, LHT really means lifeboat capacity for the specific section your suite is in.

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ambergirl202 said:

Thanks for all your input, but the family in question just fell through, so we’re back to square one!

My advice is to rebook a cabin for the two of you so you can quit worrying about it all.   I hope you didn't use an online booking service.  Cancel the cruise, ask for the deposit to be shifted over to a new cabin on the same cruise.  Booking cruises as far out as we're used to is always a risk.  You should always buy trip insurance to cover sticky situations, but in your case I think you can solve the problem fairly easily without any loss.  Good luck.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jsn55 said:

My advice is to rebook a cabin for the two of you so you can quit worrying about it all.   I hope you didn't use an online booking service.  Cancel the cruise, ask for the deposit to be shifted over to a new cabin on the same cruise.  Booking cruises as far out as we're used to is always a risk.  You should always buy trip insurance to cover sticky situations, but in your case I think you can solve the problem fairly easily without any loss.  Good luck.

Maybe their price when booking the 2 bedrm was less than what they can now downgrade to...just a thought. 

OP, having all that room isn't really too crazy.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ashland said:

Maybe their price when booking the 2 bedrm was less than what they can now downgrade to...just a thought. 

OP, having all that room isn't really too crazy.

Agree

I would love  2 bedroom cabin  on a cruise  if the price was right  😉