Reprice newbie, please help

MarinerAlex

So I've never done a reprice before, looking to get some advice from the group before I attempt.

I have a booking for April 2023 through a TA (the platinum variety) which I've only put the $500 non refundable deposit down, and final payment is due 1/1/23. Right now, I see a deal on the celebrity website that can potentially save me about $1k off that price, same room / benefit and all.

1. If I reprice, would I lose the $500 deposit? Since this would not be a technical "cancel", hopefully they just apply my deposit to the repriced cruise.

2. I assume I would lose any of the promotions I had before, and just get the current promotions applied. I'm ok with this.

3. Do I call Celebrity, or do I call my TA?

4. I'm going to be on Infinity in early September, so would it be better for me to wait until then and try to rebook it while I'm on the cruise in order to get the additional on cruise booking benefits? Would this even work? Should I just "cancel" now and lose the $500, and hope to come out ahead while I book onboard? I realize lots can change between now and then and prices may go up.

This is not straightforward at all.

Thanks!

I would call X directly before the promotion ends (28 hours from now: 4 pm Pacific time Saturday). By the time your September cruise rolls around, there may be several more promotions and this could be the best one. If there is a better one, then call again. We’re on a September 16 cruise and are fully paid up. The current promotion price was $300 lower than what we paid. I called X, even though I’m booked through a Big Box store and they gave me a $300 OBC. We are Elite + but I’m not sure if that had anything to do with it.

All of your assumptions are correct.   You can reprice without affecting your deposit.  You will forfeit any promotions associated with your original booking and get any with the current prevailing rates.

Celebrity in general won't do this if you have a TA.   If you feel the promo is time sensitive then you should call them ASAP.  

If for some reason they aren't available on the weekend and you are worried that the promo will expire before your TA is available what I do is to make a dummy reservation online.  When you get to the summary page, don't hit the lock it in button but rather click on the Celebrity Logo at the top of the screen.   You should be given the option to exit the reservation or put it on hold.  Put it on hold.   If the hold will expire before your TA will be available call Celebrity and ask them to extend the hold until you know you can get to your TA.   This gives you a confirmed record of the price/promotion.   Then give your TA the held reservation number and let them straighten it out.

There is a new reprice policy no reprising any longer.   Basically it is cancel and rebook until final payment.  A non refundable deposit has a $100 service fee.

The change must be made by party that booked - TA or Celebrity.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat

4 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

There is a new reprice policy no reprising any longer.   Basically it is cancel and rebook until final payment.  A non refundable deposit has a $100 service fee.

Really?   Has this happened to you? 

Best Price Guarantee

For a request submitted on or before the due date of final payment, the following applies:

Request for a Lower Cruise Fare:

Celebrity will reduce cruise fare to available prevailing cruise fare. If full payment has been made, a refund will be issued.

Request to Add or Change an Added Value Offer

Celebrity will 1) apply an Added Value Offer to booking and 2) go to prevailing eligible cruise fare

The Best Price Guarantee T&C doesn't say it excludes NRD reservations.  

https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer-support/best-price-guarantee

5 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Not correct. You can certainly re-price before final payment without a cancel and re-book. 

30 minutes ago, MixerDave said:

I contacted celebrity because of a new offer (75%) and was told if I take advantage, my total savings would be $38.00, since I would lose the $500 OBC.

If you booked under a previous promotion that had bonus OBC and the new offer does not include that OBC, then yes you would lose any of the offers no longer applicable and it re-prices under the current promotion.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

7 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Really?   Has this happened to you? 

Best Price Guarantee

For a request submitted on or before the due date of final payment, the following applies:

Request for a Lower Cruise Fare:

Celebrity will reduce cruise fare to available prevailing cruise fare. If full payment has been made, a refund will be issued.

Request to Add or Change an Added Value Offer

Celebrity will 1) apply an Added Value Offer to booking and 2) go to prevailing eligible cruise fare

The Best Price Guarantee T&C doesn't say it excludes NRD reservations.  

https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer-support/best-price-guarantee

The devil is in the details.

If one reads the small print in the best price guarantee (not included in the above post), it clearly states that Celebrity will determine if the best price guarantee applies to any of or part of the current booking.

What Arizona Wildcat is referring to is the language in the ticket contract that reads:

"Select fare programs require the payment at the time of booking of a nonrefundable deposit. That deposit amount shall not be refunded at any time after it has been paid. Change fees will apply to bookings for which the deposit is nonrefundable."

On 8/14/2022 at 9:30 AM, MixerDave said:

I contacted celebrity because of a new offer (75%) and was told if I take advantage, my total savings would be $38.00, since I would lose the $500 OBC.

That seems to be a common thread, especially with the recently passed sale that had the $200-$250 OBC pp.  When checking prices for the 75% sale, I noticed one of our sailings dropped by $220 pp but then the $200 pp OBC would be gone.  So now I have to decide, is losing the convenience of OBC worth saving a total of $40.