Princess web site will not let me log in

Kay S

I have been registered at Princess since the dawn of time, but suddenly it won't let me log in.  It tells me there is information missing from my account, so I fill in the information.  Then it tells me I can't use the login ID I have always had because someone else owns it. Yes-- ME.  I just want to find out how much cruise credit I have so I can use it and be done with Princess forever.  Did I miss something about new logins?  (Princess has the worst IT in the history of computers.)

• Like 1

You are one of many people who have had this problem recently and I'm not sure any have been resolved.  The thread is here: 

A good friend is experiencing this too.  She and her husband used the same email address as their log in ID.  A year ago when the new Medallion app rolled out and the check in function was added to the app apparently each person had to have their own email address.  At that point she got the account missing info error but her husband's account worked.

What was weird is that her account seemed to magically right itself until about a month ago.  Since then she has called Princess multiple times spending over 8 hours on the phone, enduring hang-ups and promises of callbacks that never came, most recently from a very nice lady from Customer Solutions who admitted it's a bad glitch in their system and requires IT intervention.

At this point she's giving it a rest but since her husband's account is working and her FCCs are identical to his, she can tell her balance by checking his account.  She can also get into their booked cruise by inputting the booking number and filling in the other fields.

I don't know if Princess is working on a solution behind the scenes but as far as I know the only option is to call them and hope you get someone who can actually fix it.  Others have written to Princess executives but I haven't heard that anyone has had any luck with that route yet.

• Thanks 1

I can log in on my iPhone.  On right now 

57 minutes ago, Kay S said:

I have been registered at Princess since the dawn of time, but suddenly it won't let me log in.  It tells me there is information missing from my account, so I fill in the information.  Then it tells me I can't use the login ID I have always had because someone else owns it. Yes-- ME.  I just want to find out how much cruise credit I have so I can use it and be done with Princess forever.  Did I miss something about new logins?  (Princess has the worst IT in the history of computers.)

Open a chat and see what they have to say.    
I can log in , on right now.   On my phone.   

5 minutes ago, Kay S said:

I was afraid it was going to require a phone call.  Sigh.  I'll do that when I have all day to sit on hold.  I am so sick of Princess and their bad IT.

Why not try a chat first.    I’ve resolved a lot of issues with a chat.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kay S said:

I have been registered at Princess since the dawn of time, but suddenly it won't let me log in.  It tells me there is information missing from my account, so I fill in the information. 

(Princess has the worst IT in the history of computers.)

14 minutes ago, Kay S said:

I am so sick of Princess and their bad IT.

It certainly seems they have the worst IT staff/team of any major company I know of.  I do not have any issues with any airline, hotel, rental car, retail, etc, etc, website that depends on customers being able to interact with them in order to purchase, review, change transactions. 

I wonder WTH they were doing that corrupted all this guest data for long-time customers?  I don't see it as being processing logic - rather some type of data corruption.  This is not the first time as they have had major issues in the past with cruise data between POLAR and MC App.  I don't get it.  I also don't get why it doesn't seem like a huge broom is taken to OT and replace them.  Who knows, maybe some have been replaced?  I just don't understand the systems architecture that leads to this and the lack of quality control.  It feels like sometimes IT is just winging it.

• Thanks 1

I can't chat without logging in.  I have a bunch of FCC (thanks COVID) I need to use up.  If it weren't for that, I would never set foot on another Princess ship.  I have been Elite for over a decade, but I'm off to HAL.  Princess completely ruined the experience with their useless app and lousy tech support.  

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Kay S said:

I've encountered this several times recently.  Sometimes it resolves itself in seconds, at other times you might have to try again in a few minutes.  Also, sometimes it goes away if you just refresh the page.  I would not doubt that the pages may not be programmed properly for all browsers.  Their IT is bad, but certainly not as bad as their phone agents; from some of the postings I've seen here, there were quite a few agents with a great deal of experience (20+ years) that were laid off during the shutdown.  My experience with phone agents has been somewhat limited, since I seldom get a call answered, but it would seem that many of the agents are now remote, working from home, with limited information available.  They also seem to be located in states with lower minimum wage levels.

14 hours ago, Kay S said:

I can't chat without logging in.  I have a bunch of FCC (thanks COVID) I need to use up.  If it weren't for that, I would never set foot on another Princess ship.  I have been Elite for over a decade, but I'm off to HAL.  Princess completely ruined the experience with their useless app and lousy tech support.  

You do not need to login to use 'Live Chat"

• Like 1

I see many people are having problems logging in. I can log in but when I try to book shore excursions for my Alaska cruise next summer it comes back showing our names chosen but it says 'with errors ' and my cart still says it's empty! Very frustrating! Anybody have any ideas? Is it too early to book for next summer? But I've always been able to book excursions this early before?! I tried talking with someone on 'Chat' but he had no idea what he was talking about and was useless! I might just book all of my excursions independently!   ???

I too had login problems. I could not log in for love nor money.

I tried to change my password using the forgotten password tool with no apparent luck. 

I was using Firefox browser however when I used Google Chrome I did have success.

Not saying it will work for you however may I suggest trying a different browser.

Good Luck

If I recall this problem about “missing information” when you log In started the beginning of July.

Currently, I’m still having problems logging into my old Account that I’ve had for over 20 years.  Even my wife can’t get into her account.  I enter the information requested then it wants to register me with a NEW Account number.  I don’t need a new account.  After many, many hours on the phone with Customer Reps, Live Chat, Ocean Ready, Loyalty, etc. no resolution to the problem.  Also, I used the “Contact Us” function (2 times) located on the bottom of the Log In page.  I stated my problem.  An after 5/6 days I receive the following email from Princess that states:

Hello John xxxxxxxx,

We have received your inquiry and sincerely appreciate another opportunity to deliver the highest quality service to you. Below is a copy of the information you have sent to us.

Due to the large volume of messages we are receiving, it may take us longer than usual to respond. We are working hard to make sure every request is handled accurately and efficiently.

The IT department (and Princess) are clueless as to what’s going on. 

After being on the phone many times -- my call(s) are either dropped or lost for no apparent reason.  You call back and you must explain your problem again and again to the new Customer Reps.  This is very frustrated and time consuming.  Or, if you’re transferred to a new department you must explain your problem again.  I’ve been transferred to some many departments over the last several weeks I’ve lost track of who you’re talking to.  On one occasion an Ocean Rep even entered my ID and Password and she still had problems.  While on the phone, she called several departments (?) to make changes to my Profile. On this particular call, I was on the phone for over an hour.  Unacceptable!  She stated: “These changes (supposedly) will take effect after 24 hours” and I should be OK.  Sorry – I still have Log In problem.  Recently, I sent a letter to John Padgett (CEO) requesting help.  I’m still waiting for help.  A new email going out to Padgett.   John         

Edited by John99

4 minutes ago, John99 said:

After being on the phone many times -- my call(s) are either dropped or lost for no apparent reason.  You call back and you must explain your problem again and again to the new Customer Reps.  This is very frustrated and time consuming.  Or, if you’re transferred to a new department you must explain your problem again.  I’ve been transferred to some many departments over the last several weeks I’ve lost track of who you’re talking to.  On one occasion an Ocean Rep even entered my ID and Password and she still had problems.  While on the phone, she called several departments (?) to make changes to my Profile. On this particular call, I was on the phone for over an hour.  Unacceptable!  She stated: “These changes (supposedly) will take effect after 24 hours” and I should be OK.  Sorry – I still have Log In problem.  Recently, I sent a letter to John Padgett (CEO) requesting help.  I’m still waiting for help.  A new email going out to Padgett.   John         

Exactly what my friend is going through.  At one point they gave her a different email address (adding a 1) and password.  She logged in the next day and she was shown as "Mr." with her husband's birthday instead of her's and with a location of the Phillipines.  She was told by one rep to change it herself which she can't.  And Princess didn't get that using a dummy email address would mean that my friend wouldn't get communications from Princess.  This despite the fact that she gave them an alternate, legitimate email address to use.  It's a giant mess.

Update:

I sent a letter to Jan Swartz – Group President of Holland America Group.

The letter was positive in nature.  Included my Account # and clearly stated my problem.

Within 2 hours I had gentlemen call from California to resolve my Login issues.

He noted that I had two (2) DOB’s.  One was correct (Polar System used by Agents). 

The other DOB was wrong used on the Princess Website.

He changed the DOB and issued me a new Password.

I login while he was on the phone.  No problems.  I’m a happy camper!  John

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, John99 said:

Update:

I sent a letter to Jan Swartz – Group President of Holland America Group.

John, what address did you use to contact the Princess execs?  Was it email or did you go old school snail mail?  I am having the same problem you did and having no luck getting it fixed.  This is how Princess treats its long-time Elite customers.  I've had enough.

11 hours ago, Kay S said:

John, what address did you use to contact the Princess execs?  Was it email or did you go old school snail mail?  I am having the same problem you did and having no luck getting it fixed.  This is how Princess treats its long-time Elite customers.  I've had enough.

@Kay S     Hi Kay S from California.  Gland to help you.  Good luck whatever you try.

I used Jan Swartz new email address – well, I think it’s new.

Also, a CC to John Padgett (Princess CEO)

Jan email address: jaswartz@hagroup.com

John email address:  japagett@carnival.com

This is what I sent her.

To: Jan Swartz - Group President Holland American Group

I apologize that I have to contact you.  

Help - I cannot access my Princess Account on the web for membership # 580125xxxA 

I spent the past several weeks trying to resolve this issue with no resolution.  

I talked to Customer Service Reps, Supervisors, Live Chat, Ocean Ready, etc. – many times. 

After lengthy discussions, they keep transferring me to other Departments for answers.  The answers never come! 

Why can’t I access by existing account #5801252xxxA (& #580125xxxB - wife) that I’ve had for over 20+ years? 

When I Login -- this Message appears:  “some information is missing”.  

Then – there’s NO web access to my existing account.   

I need help to resolve my log in issues.  Who can help me?

I think the data in my Profile is bad or corrupt.  

John xxxxxxxx

586-xxx-xxxx 

• Like 1

I am posting this, I am in the UK, but hope some still find it helpful.  My husband and I were able to logon to our accounts at the weekend, raised a query and had this reply.

“Thank you for your email to Princess Cruises Captain's Circle Please accept our apologies for the late reply to your email. We are currently experiencing a high volume of emails in our inbox and are replying in order of date received.

Unfortunately, the process in which guests need to follow in order to update their website login has been recently changed, to which I further apologise for the delays in responding to your query.

Due to GDPR reasons, we are unable to update a guests login details on their behalf. In order to update your login email, please visit the following link and 'register' as if you are setting up a new account. https://www.princess.com/my-princess/register/

Please ensure all of your details remain the same, apart from your email address and password. Providing that all of your other details match (including your address and date of birth), a duplicate account will not be generated & your login email address will automatically update.

In the event that a new account is created in error, please let us know by return of email and we will get the 2 accounts merged for you - keeping the one with your new login details.

Thank you for your continued patience and understanding. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance or if you have any further loyalty related queries that we may be able to assist with.”

Basically we needed to change our password to fit the new criteria, no issue with our accounts now.

hope this helps