Argentina

gizmodog

Flying into Buenos Aires in February for a cruise and I see they require insurance confirmation and am wondering if any of you know whether the insurance through celebrity is adequate for hat they are requiring? Thank you.

5 minutes ago, gizmodog said:

Flying into Buenos Aires in February for a cruise and I see they require insurance confirmation and am wondering if any of you know whether the insurance through celebrity is adequate for hat they are requiring? Thank you.

I would think you would find a more complete answer at the ports section or your ship's roll call but - no.  The coverage does not meet the minimum amount and would not cover your stay outside the cruise.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat

We have put our Buenos Aires cruise on hold. I was getting ready to book air and our tour to Iguazú Falls. Then I saw the requirement for Medical coverage and a PCR test done within 72 hour of cruise departures. As our cruise is docked in Buenos Aires for 2 days. Seems like we might have to get our PCR test done in Buenos Aires or while at the Iguazú Falls. If we do the falls before the cruise.

We have done this cruise before, but did not see the Iguazú Falls. I'm hoping to do the cruise and travel to Iguazú Falls from Brazil. Just seems to compilated to do it from Buenos Aires.

On 8/14/2022 at 6:26 PM, bigbenboys said:

We have put our Buenos Aires cruise on hold. I was getting ready to book air and our tour to Iguazú Falls. Then I saw the requirement for Medical coverage and a PCR test done within 72 hour of cruise departures. As our cruise is docked in Buenos Aires for 2 days. Seems like we might have to get our PCR test done in Buenos Aires or while at the Iguazú Falls. If we do the falls before the cruise.

We have done this cruise before, but did not see the Iguazú Falls. I'm hoping to do the cruise and travel to Iguazú Falls from Brazil. Just seems to compilated to do it from Buenos Aires.

Argentina DOES NOT require a Covid test to enter the country or to board a cruise. Yes they require medical insurance but anyone traveling to SA should already have it. 

https://www.argentina.travel/en/page/we-reopen-borders-for-neighboring-countries

• Like 1

On 8/14/2022 at 2:28 PM, gizmodog said:

Celebrity’s insurance only offers $25,000 medical and Argentina requires at least $30,000. You can find much better insurance with companies like The trip insurance Store or insure my trip.com 

16 hours ago, WNcruiser said:

Argentina DOES NOT require a Covid test to enter the country or to board a cruise. Yes they require medical insurance but anyone traveling to SA should already have it. 

https://www.argentina.travel/en/page/we-reopen-borders-for-neighboring-countries

Here is info from the US Embassy in Argentina. See Bold font below.

Entry and Exit Requirements:

Are U.S. citizens permitted to enter? Yes.

Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? No.Foreigners who are not residents of Argentina:

Submit an electronic sworn statement within 48 hours before departure confirming vaccination status and absence of COVID-19 symptoms;

Provide evidence of medical travel insurance that includes hospitalization, quarantine, and transportation coverage for COVID-19;

A COVID-19 test is recommended within 24 hours after arrival regardless of the vaccination status.  Be prepared to pay for the cost of the test. Minors, under 6 years of age, are also exempted in all cases from undergoing the PCR or antigen test after entering the country.  Providing false statements or omitting information may result in criminal penalties.

Airlines will require evidence of the sworn statement and medical insurance.  Please note that it is at the airline’s discretion if a passenger has completed the required documentation.

Individuals entering the country by land for a period under 24 hours will be exempted from providing COVID-19 insurance.

Travelers should be aware that provinces may maintain different testing and/or vaccination requirements than the national government, and certain establishments or venues may require evidence of vaccination status before granting entry.

Foreigners who reside in Argentina and Argentine citizens:

Submit an electronic sworn statement within 48 hours before departure informing vaccination status and absence of COVID-19 symptoms;

A COVID-19 test is recommended within 24 hours after arrival regardless of the vaccination status.  Be prepared to pay for the cost of the test.  Be prepared to pay for the cost of the test.  Minors, under 6 cases from undergoing the PCR or antigen test after entering the country. Providing false statements or omitting information may result in criminal penalties.

Travelers should be aware that provinces may maintain different testing and/or vaccination requirements than the national government, and certain establishments or venues may require evidence of vaccination status before granting entry.

Individuals entering the country must carry all documentation that accounts for travel requirements.

For cruise ships:  Only a negative COVID-19 PCR test (not antigen) administered no more than 72 hours prior to the departure of the cruise ship will be accepted.

All passengers transiting Argentina must comply with the same requirements as those passengers entering and remaining in Argentina.

Multiple countries in the region have implemented travel restrictions with little advance notice.  To stay informed of the latest travel restrictions, visit the U.S. Embassy COVID-19 webpage for the country of your intended destination or stopover.

See the Government order here.

Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? No.

https://ar.usembassy.gov/covid-19/

19 hours ago, WNcruiser said:

Celebrity’s insurance only offers $25,000 medical and Argentina requires at least $30,000. You can find much better insurance with companies like The trip insurance Store or insure my trip.com 

Where did you see that Argentina requires a minimum of $30,000 in medical insurance? I am trying to find it and have been unsuccessful.

18 hours ago, mjmalino said:

Where did you see that Argentina requires a minimum of $30,000 in medical insurance? I am trying to find it and have been unsuccessful.

This is provided by Viking and was last updated Aug 12th. I cannot find anything official from Argentina however. 

Please note there is no Covid test requirement listed. 

https://docs.vikingcruises.com/pdf/14-PreCruiseRequirement-All-US_CAN_UK_AU_NZ.pdf

21 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

Here is info from the US Embassy in Argentina. See Bold font below.

Entry and Exit Requirements:

Are U.S. citizens permitted to enter? Yes.

Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? No.Foreigners who are not residents of Argentina:

Submit an electronic sworn statement within 48 hours before departure confirming vaccination status and absence of COVID-19 symptoms;

Provide evidence of medical travel insurance that includes hospitalization, quarantine, and transportation coverage for COVID-19;

A COVID-19 test is recommended within 24 hours after arrival regardless of the vaccination status.  Be prepared to pay for the cost of the test. Minors, under 6 years of age, are also exempted in all cases from undergoing the PCR or antigen test after entering the country.  Providing false statements or omitting information may result in criminal penalties.

Airlines will require evidence of the sworn statement and medical insurance.  Please note that it is at the airline’s discretion if a passenger has completed the required documentation.

Individuals entering the country by land for a period under 24 hours will be exempted from providing COVID-19 insurance.

Foreigners who reside in Argentina and Argentine citizens:

Submit an electronic sworn statement within 48 hours before departure informing vaccination status and absence of COVID-19 symptoms;

A COVID-19 test is recommended within 24 hours after arrival regardless of the vaccination status.  Be prepared to pay for the cost of the test.  Be prepared to pay for the cost of the test.  Minors, under 6 cases from undergoing the PCR or antigen test after entering the country. Providing false statements or omitting information may result in criminal penalties.

Individuals entering the country must carry all documentation that accounts for travel requirements.

For cruise ships:  Only a negative COVID-19 PCR test (not antigen) administered no more than 72 hours prior to the departure of the cruise ship will be accepted.

All passengers transiting Argentina must comply with the same requirements as those passengers entering and remaining in Argentina.

Multiple countries in the region have implemented travel restrictions with little advance notice.  To stay informed of the latest travel restrictions, visit the U.S. Embassy COVID-19 webpage for the country of your intended destination or stopover.

See the Government order here.

Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? No.

https://ar.usembassy.gov/covid-19/

I have seen that information however it is from an Embassy and not the Argentine government. Personally I would trust information from the country itself. I have confirmed with Viking and my TA several times that no Covid test is currently required. Of course that is subject to change at any time. 

I linked Vikings country specific requirements in the above post. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/14/2022 at 11:28 AM, gizmodog said:

At the end of August, Argentina did away with the "Declaracion Jurada", which required vaccination status, PCR result and medical insurance.

Here is the official requirements for entry to Argentina.  The page was in Spanish and is translated into English by Google (?).

https://cbarc.cancilleria.gob.ar/es/01-requisitos-de-ingreso-la-argentina#:~:text=SE HAN DEJADO DE REQUERIR,SERÁN EXCEPTUADOS DE REALIZAR AISLAMIENTO.

Hope this helps ... alternatively, go to the Argentine Embassy or Consulate site in your country of residence.

On 10/17/2022 at 1:22 PM, gizmodog said:

I have sone everything and cannot get this in English so no help here but thanks anyway

1. home
  3. 01 - Requirements for entry to Argentina

01 - REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRY TO ARGENTINA

Update date: 09/01/2022

DOCUMENTATION TO ENTER THE COUNTRY

In the following link you will find information about the necessary documentation to enter the Argentine Republic. It is recommended to read carefully: https://www.argentina.gob.ar/interior/migraciones/documentacion-para-ingresar-al-pais

HEALTH REQUIREMENTS

BY ADMINISTRATIVE DECISION 837/2022, NEW MEASURES IN FORCE WERE ADOPTED FOR ENTRY INTO ARGENTINA FROM AUGUST 24, 2022

ENTRY OF ARGENTINE CITIZENS, RESIDENT FOREIGNERS AND NON-RESIDENT FOREIGNERS

THEY ARE NO LONGER REQUIRED TO HAVE AN AFFIDAVIT REGARDING COVID-19, DIAGNOSTIC TEST AND COVID-19 HEALTH INSURANCE FOR ENTRY INTO THE ARGENTINE REPUBLIC. THEY WILL ALSO BE EXEMPT FROM ISOLATION.

- If a positive or suspected case of COVID-19 is detected or reported at the point of entry into the country, the same prevention and control measures will be taken into account as for any acute respiratory infection.

- It will not be necessary to carry out temperature checks at the points of entry into the country or on shipments to the national territory.

- Restrictions on the entry of passengers to airport terminals may be established when the epidemiological situation so requires.

OTHER CONSIDERATIONS

It is the duty of each citizen to keep their Argentine documentation up to date.

It is the responsibility of each passenger to present all the documentation requested to the airline and immigration officers in the Argentine Republic. If any requested document is missing, the airline will prevent you from boarding. During the first 14 days of stay, those who enter the country must carry such documentation, which may be required by the competent authorities.

This Consulate does not provide information or suggest: lawyers, scribes, health and/or traveler insurance, etc.

The consular service does not include financial aid derived from the pandemic situation. The Consulate will not make any payment for items such as: accommodation, PCR test, medical consultations, hospitalizations, medication, penalties for change of ticket and/or any other expenses that you should incur.

• Like 2