Grand Princess - electrical outlets by bed for CPAP's???

IPA region 30 member

1) Pull bed out 6" from wall.

2) Unplug the bedside lamp from the outlet behind the bed.

3) Install 2-in-1  Type A/Type E,F adapter. Don't have one?  - buy it from Amazon, try this one, perhaps.     4) Replug in the bedside lamp and your CPAP plug.

5) Push bed back in.

6) Sleep like a baby. No extension cord needed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/14/2022 at 9:26 PM, walkingsoon said:

3) Install 2-in-1  Type A/Type E,F adapter. Don't have one?  - buy it from Amazon, try this one, perhaps.     4) Replug in the bedside lamp and your CPAP plug.

5) Push bed back in.

That's the one DH has. Works great.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2022 at 11:26 PM, walkingsoon said:

5) Push bed back in.

8 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

That's the one DH has. Works great.

That's exactly the one I use with the outlet behind the bedside table for the lamp. It works great. Unfortunately, if you click on the Amazon link in the message above, it says Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock." However, there are several similar items that would do the same job.

• Like 1

I also bring along a collapsible stool.  It fits inside the nightstand drawer.  My instructions was to keep the unit below head level (why, I will never know unless @JF - retired RRT shares her expertise).  

Beer bottle was the closest item available to show size.  Thank you Princess.

collapsible stool.heic

Edited by cr8tiv1

Husband brought along an extension cord, which was almost confiscated when boarding. When he mentioned CPAP, they let him board with it.  He sleeps on the side of the bed opposite the plug-ins (after almost 40 years no changing that side) and needed the cord. So, all good.  When we disembarked we we saw a bunch of folks collecting their confiscated extension cords...they are very strict on that rule.

12 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I also bring along a collapsible stool.  It fits inside the nightstand drawer.  My instructions was to keep the unit below head level (why, I will never know unless @JF - retired RRT shares her expertise).1002.92 kB · 8 downloads

Not a clue. A guess? Back in the "old days" before adaptive heated humidifiers, if you didn't keep the CPAP at or below head level, the heated up moisture in the air in the tubing would condense out and turn into water...which would dump into your nose/face. Great way to wake up.

I'm pretty sure you can leave the stool at home.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Famsw said:

Husband brought along an extension cord, which was almost confiscated when boarding. When he mentioned CPAP, they let him board with it.  He sleeps on the side of the bed opposite the plug-ins (after almost 40 years no changing that side) and needed the cord. So, all good.  When we disembarked we we saw a bunch of folks collecting their confiscated extension cords...they are very strict on that rule.

We've been bringing one for DH for just in case (got his CPAP 5 years ago) and never had an issue or a question.

We just got off the Grand last week. We were in a regular balcony room on Caribe deck. There is a desk right next to the nightstand and the outlets were on the side of the desk near the balcony. My husband brought an extension cord which was not questioned. It turned out he didn’t need to use it, as his cpap cord was long enough to reach from the nightstand across the desk to the outlet. Also, on each nightstand lamp, there was a usb outlet to charge phones, etc.  

• 3 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Mrsnorris151 said:

I called Princess and they will provide and extension water and a gallon of distilled water at no charge and it will be in our room when we arrived.   You have to call and make the request though!

You do not need to call Princess.  Go to Princess.com

Sign in

Click on Upcoming Cruises

Click on Check-in

Click on Dietary Restrictions

Click on  Distilled water (for CPAP machine use ONLY)

Be sure to bring an adapter from European to US.  I prefer the Amazon one that allows me to plug in the ship's table lamp and my CPAP machine.  You may have to search behind the bed for an outlet.  The Grand Princess has lamps with USB ports AND still plugs into a wall outlet.  Your CPAP machine should be dual voltage.

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
On 8/14/2022 at 3:52 PM, IPA region 30 member said:

Howdy all

Checking to see if anyone knows if they have electrical outlets by the bed stands for plugging in of CPAP's?  I saw that they had plugs by the desk, but didn't see any by the beds.

My husband brings a small extension cord and he can reach plug outlets near the phone.,  We do have to switch sides though.

On 9/11/2022 at 3:29 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

You do not need to call Princess.  Go to Princess.com

Sign in

Click on Upcoming Cruises

Click on Check-in

Click on Dietary Restrictions

Click on  Distilled water (for CPAP machine use ONLY)

We did what @cr8tiv1 suggested for our upcoming cruise.  Within a few days we received an email stating that Princess had our request and that they would supply distilled water and an extension cord for the CPAP machine.  The distilled water and extension cord show up on our Travel Summary for the booking.