LIVE: Caribbean Princess to Canada and Greenland, August 15-31, 2022: Geoherb goes solo again

geoherb

10 hours ago, voljeep said:

Bartenders, etc in VINES? 

Current Production shows?

we cruise on CB in November, and well aware that who/what's going on now can very easily change

The production shows are Broadway Ballroom, Born to Be Wild, and Bravo. I talked with the guest soprano. She's been on since November and will be on until the first week of November. I'll have to look up my notes to see, but I think I enjoyed her performances last December when I was on the CB. The cast is four singers, three male dancers, and five female dancers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I checked my notes about the guest soprano, Caroline Miller. I really enjoyed her shows in December, so I'm planning on going back to see her again when she performs in Bravo and her solo show.

There's a conflict between this morning's meet and greet and trivia. Trivia will win for me. 

We lost an hour last night. I woke up a little after 6. Getting up so early yesterday must have set my body ahead in advance. About 6:30, I heard the crew members start moving chairs around the pool. It did not bother me since I was already awake. It's much quieter than the dancers were last night.

According to the numbers given by the cruise director last night, there are around 2,600 passengers. He broke down the numbers by the top six passenger nationalities--from three South Africans to 209 Canadians and 2,338 Americans. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, voljeep said:

Bartenders, etc in VINES? 

Current Production shows?

we cruise on CB in November, and well aware that who/what's going on now can very easily change

We just got off the Caribbean Princess yesterday.  In Vines, Kiran and Dylan will take great care of you!  I think they are there until January or February 2023.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The refund for the transfer from the airport showed up on my onboard account overnight. I wish passengers could still check their statements on the television. There's still an option to do so, but it gives a message to check on the app instead. It's too difficult for me to see on my phone, so I'm glad it's still accessible on my laptop through "Ocean Concierge" online. There's also a refund of $13.79 from port fees and taxes. I also used that section to purchase a couple of future cruise deposits. I like to keep three on hand just in case.

A team won the morning trivia with a perfect score. My team had 18. There was another team with 19. We missed out on the fabulous coasters. The cruise-long progressive trivia is this afternoon. 

Edited by geoherb
  • Like 4

On 8/15/2022 at 9:40 AM, Cruzin Grandma said:

Looking forward to your Live posts.  If possible, please ask about ultimate balcony dinner and if there are plans to restart this soon.  Thanks and enjoy your cruise!  

I asked the room service steward who delivered my minibar items. She did not know. I'll try to ask someone else who may have a better idea later.

4 hours ago, geoherb said:

I checked my notes about the guest soprano, Caroline Miller. I really enjoyed her shows in December,

Caroline is great. We both used to be section leaders for the St. Louis Symphony Chorus, although my time there was before Caroline was even born. lol.

If she does her one woman show, see it. It's a nice mix of music.

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

What’s your itinerary look like? We’re currently on the Celebrity Summit where we just left Qaqortoq, Greenland after visiting a couple ports in Canada and heading towards Akureyri, Iceland by way of the Prins Christian Sund on the southern tip of Greenland. 

If you’re stopping at Qaqortoq and just walking around, may I suggest as an alternative, turning left when you get off the tender and following the creek up to the lake. The walk is not far and the lake is quite pretty. But make sure you don’t go right if you want to see the lake, as it’s a steep climb up the hill. 

E16ABB57-95EC-4F0F-986F-5FDC8A210B73.jpeg.3c6a95a3ca9bfe45a04205078795a0c3.jpeg

64CE7A38-0C6C-461F-8868-E420CAED14A4.jpeg.32ff669d82781407b9eee4ea5d8965da.jpeg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, CineGraphic said:

Caroline is great. We both used to be section leaders for the St. Louis Symphony Chorus, although my time there was before Caroline was even born. lol.

If she does her one woman show, see it. It's a nice mix of music.

Enjoy your cruise!

She said she is. I enjoyed it in December--songs made famous by Julie Andrews and Judy Garland, plus a few others thrown in.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, californiagirl said:

I’m impressed that you are able to post pictures!  How has the internet been for you? 

It's been adequate so far, with download speeds of 2.5-3.5 Mbps. I haven't tried streaming any videos or using wi-fi calling yet, though. I am getting a Cruise Critic hiccup. I've learned to copy anything I write before hitting the button to post it, just in case it doesn't go through.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, californiagirl said:

Forgot to ask, was there much of a line to get into the dining room last night?  Thank you in advance for your response.

I went at 8 and there was not much of a line. They separated it into those with reservations and those without. I did not make any reservations for the cruise--waiting to see the schedule each day. And now the app not allowing me to do so. At breakfast, it was separated into those who were willing to share a table and those who did not want to share. At lunch today, it was the same as for breakfast eventually. When I left, they were telling people who wanted a table for two that it would be a 10-minute wait.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

What’s your itinerary look like? We’re currently on the Celebrity Summit where we just left Qaqortoq, Greenland after visiting a couple ports in Canada and heading towards Akureyri, Iceland by way of the Prins Christian Sund on the southern tip of Greenland. 

If you’re stopping at Qaqortoq and just walking around, may I suggest as an alternative, turning left when you get off the tender and following the creek up to the lake. The walk is not far and the lake is quite pretty. But make sure you don’t go right if you want to see the lake, as it’s a steep climb up the hill. 

Thanks for the tip about walking to the lake. The itinerary for the cruise is three ports in Canada and three in Greenland and lots of days at sea. It's a 16-day cruise. We will stop in Halifax and Sydney on the way to Greenland and St. John's on the way back. The three ports in Greenland are Nuuk, Nanortalik, and Qaqortoq.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, geoherb said:

Thanks for the tip about walking to the lake. The itinerary for the cruise is three ports in Canada and three in Greenland and lots of days at sea. It's a 16-day cruise. We will stop in Halifax and Sydney on the way to Greenland and St. John's on the way back. The three ports in Greenland are Nuuk, Nanortalik, and Qaqortoq.

Sounds pretty cool! Have a great cruise!! I’ve got a thread going on the Celebrity forum if you want to see some pictures from what we did at St John’s and Qaqortoq. 

• Like 1

I ate an enjoyable lunch in the dining room. I got there a little before noon, and they had already started seating people. I had the soy-glazed prawns and vegetarian burrito. As one of my tablemates mentioned, "They just look like shrimp to me. They're too small to be called 'prawns.'" But they tasted very good.

Once again, I skipped out on getting a dessert. I will check out the sweets at the International Cafe later this afternoon if I'm hungry.

After lunch, I attended the martini demonstration. I was one of the first volunteers, getting to shake it and keep the one I shook. It was vodka, blue curacao, and melon liquor with a bit of juice. I couldn't hear if it was lemon or pineapple. It was tasty and free.

The progressive trivia was interesting. Teams of up to six people as usual, but the 20 questions were written on pieces of paper instead of presented one by one on the screens. I'm confident in 15 answers out of 20. I guessed at the other five and looked them up later. I got two out of the five right, so I should have 17 out of 20. I should have had 18 if I had followed my first instinct on one of them instead of second guessing myself. 

I forgot to mention earlier that they said they were not holding the chef's table on this cruise. I wonder if she was telling the truth or if they had already filled it by the time I called the dine line.

Edited by geoherb
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, geoherb said:

I forgot to mention earlier that they said they were not holding the chef's table on this cruise. I wonder if she was telling the truth or if they had already filled it by the time I called the dine line.

When I attended a Winemaker's on the Regal last February, we were told that over 14 chefs were involved in preparing the meal. With the shortage of galley staff, I don't see them bringing this back until they are fully staffed. They are having a hard enough time feeding the masses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, CineGraphic said:

When I attended a Winemaker's on the Regal last February, we were told that over 14 chefs were involved in preparing the meal. With the shortage of galley staff, I don't see them bringing this back until they are fully staffed. They are having a hard enough time feeding the masses.

True, but sad.😞

4 hours ago, geoherb said:

A team won the morning trivia with a perfect score. My team had 18. There was another team with 19. We missed out on the fabulous coasters. The cruise-long progressive trivia is this afternoon. 

We have a set of 6 coasters. Bleh... We had one and asked an assistant CD what we were to do with one coaster - drink alone? I then gave him a trivia question he'd never heard and he handed my wife 5 more coasters. Of course we have never used them... 🙃

• Like 5
  • Haha 5