2 day testing Binax now

sunsetme

31 minutes ago, sunsetme said:

thanks so 2 days before my cruise

What is your cruise?  Origin/destination countries?  Other countries stops?  Just wondering if you have read all the appropriate health protocols (link at top of Princess.com home page) since you weren't aware of what type of test BINAX Now is.

• Like 1

There are 2 Binax tests.  One is over the counter and not useable for travel.  Both are antigen test.

The other one is from Optum or eMed (almost 3 times the cost).  You have to order it online.  It will give you the opportunity to have the test proctored by a medical professional and is valid for 48 hours prior to embarkation.

• Like 2

If you are fully vaccinated and boosted you can antigen test 3 days before……

Up to Date

Received all recommended COVID-19 vaccines, including any booster dose(s) when eligible at least 7 days before embarkation.

Antigen within 3 days
OR

PCR within 3 days

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/vaccine-testing-requirements/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

It will give you the opportunity to have the test proctored by a medical professional and is valid for 48 hours prior to embarkation.

3 hours ago, pshaze said:

If you are fully vaccinated and boosted you can antigen test 3 days before……

Up to Date

Received all recommended COVID-19 vaccines, including any booster dose(s) when eligible at least 7 days before embarkation.

Antigen within 3 days
OR

PCR within 3 days

The kind of test(s) accepted, whether the testing time is measured in hours or days, and how many hours/days before embarkation you can get tested vary by your port of embarkation, the ports on your itinerary, and your vaccination status (unvaccinated, fully vaccinated, or up-to-date). 

People are oversimplifying on these boards and giving one-size-fits-all advice that is not correct in every situation.

Please stop posting the requirements for your cruise and your particular situation as if it's the Gospel truth.  Yes you're trying to be helpful but it's not so helpful when your advice is wrong for other people's situations and they get denied boarding for not having the correct test and/or having been tested too soon before embarkation. 

11 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

The kind of test(s) accepted, whether the testing time is measured in hours or days, and how many hours/days before embarkation you can get tested vary by your port of embarkation, the ports on your itinerary, and your vaccination status (unvaccinated, fully vaccinated, or up-to-date). 

People are oversimplifying on these boards and giving one-size-fits-all advice that is not correct in every situation.

Please stop posting the requirements for your cruise and your particular situation as if it's the Gospel truth.  Yes you're trying to be helpful but it's not so helpful when your advice is wrong for other people's situations and they get denied boarding for not having the correct test and/or having been tested too soon before embarkation. 

My response was to the original poster and her cruise to Alaska. Sorry if that wasn’t clear.

My information is correct and I gave the website so they can read it for themselves to verify.  I actually copied that information directly from the website.  

Everyone should double check anything posted on these boards.

Since I am on the same sailing as the original poster I’m pretty sure it is the “Truth” and will continue to post as I see fit.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, sunsetme said:

thanks its 3 days for me!

I reviewed the testing requirements today, just to be sure, and they updated the requirements (again) since my original post. Looks like it will have to be 2 days again.  Please check yourself to verify this information. 

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/vaccine-testing-requirements/

Voyages Departing, Arriving or Visiting Canada

Updated: August 15, 2022

Vaccination Status

Definition by Country's Health Authority

Pre-Travel Test Type & 
When to Take Test Before Boarding

Fully Vaccinated

Received primary series of COVID-19 vaccines with final dose at least 14 days before embarkation.

Antigen within 2 days
OR

PCR within 72 hours

Up to Date

Antigen within 2 days
OR

PCR within 72 hours

Not Vaccinated*

Not able to enter Canada without medical exemption. Please submit medical exemption to Princess for approval before a booking can be guaranteed.

PCR within 72 hours PLUS Antigen at terminal

• Thanks 1

According to your original post title and Princess' "latest" clarification, you will be able to use your Binax Now eMed test (within) 2 days before your cruise.  Binax Now is a Rapid Antigen Test.  Will you be able to find an internet source so that you can take the test with a proctor?  

I did look....and found....but lost the link.  I understand there is a Covid Test site at Canada Place for a fee as a backup.

I do want to amend my 48 hours to 2 days as @DallasGuy75219 has rudely called out.  All my other "facts" were pertinent to YOUR cruise.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I do want to amend my 48 hours to 2 days as @DallasGuy75219 has rudely called out.  All my other "facts" were pertinent to YOUR cruise.

1. I didn't call out your info specifically.  I gave examples of specific differences depending on debarkation port, ports on the itinerary, and length of cruise that precludes an overly implified, one-size-fits post to be accurate in all situations. It's not rude to warn people that the advice in here may nor be accurate and/or applicable in their situation.  Case in point...

2. ... your post is a perfect example of why I posted what I did.

23 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

There are 2 Binax tests.  One is over the counter and not useable for travel.  Both are antigen test.

The other one is from Optum or eMed (almost 3 times the cost).  You have to order it online.  It will give you the opportunity to have the test proctored by a medical professional and is valid for 48 hours prior to embarkation.

I bolded some information that isn't totally accurate.  You can use this over the counter test. along with a third party video monitoring company, for travel.  I recently used this over the counter antigen test, along with Rapid Trace for monitoring the test,( $20.00 per test)and it was valid for traveling on a princess cruise. 

However, If you meant to say that this test used by itself is not useable for travel, you are correct.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

1. I didn't call out your info specifically.  I gave examples of specific differences depending on debarkation port, ports on the itinerary, and length of cruise that precludes an overly implified, one-size-fits post to be accurate in all situations. It's not rude to warn people that the advice in here may nor be accurate and/or applicable in their situation.  Case in point...

2. ... your post is a perfect example of why I posted what I did.

1.  Yes, you DID quote me and call me out specifically.  

2.  I was responding to a very specific question for the OP and the use of a proctored antigen test. 

3.  You needn't respond to this quote.  I understand clearly who and what you are.  Please spare me your details and time.  

4.  This poster was asking specifically about a cruise involving Canada and testing.  Your response was the one out of place.  Yes, your response is important information, but not for this thread.  Save your energy for another battle.  

THE END

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

1.  Yes, you DID quote me and call me out specifically.  

2.  I was responding to a very specific question for the OP and the use of a proctored antigen test. 

3.  You needn't respond to this quote.  I understand clearly who and what you are.  Please spare me your details and time.  

4.  This poster was asking specifically about a cruise involving Canada and testing.  Your response was the one out of place.  Yes, your response is important information, but not for this thread.  Save your energy for another battle.  

THE END

Apparently you have difficulty with reading comprehension.  I said "I didn't call out your INFO specifically."

And nowhere in this post did OP frame the question in the context of a cruise involving Canada, which would have at least allowed others to realize that your response might not be applicable to their situation.

Done and put on ignore.

7 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Apparently you have difficulty with reading comprehension.  I said "I didn't call out your INFO specifically."

I think it will be impossible to get an internet group to follow your rules.

That's simply not the way people behave.

People post what they want to post.

It is unlikely that insulting them will help the situation.

• Thanks 3

13 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Done and put on ignore.

Can you put me on ignore, too, please?

There is nothing I like more than having the last word.

Persoanally, I never expect any post on cruise critic to be the word of god.

I wait for 3-4-5 posts confirming the same thing before I begin to think it might

be true.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 8/16/2022 at 10:45 AM, dweeb said:

I bolded some information that isn't totally accurate.  You can use this over the counter test. along with a third party video monitoring company, for travel.  I recently used this over the counter antigen test, along with Rapid Trace for monitoring the test,( $20.00 per test)and it was valid for traveling on a princess cruise. 

However, If you meant to say that this test used by itself is not useable for travel, you are correct.  

Is Rapid Trace available to Canadians? 

On 8/16/2022 at 12:45 PM, dweeb said:

It will not apply to cruises that involve Canada, but starting soon many Princess cruises will accept a self-administered test without medical observation.