Does HAl allow a certain # of non vaccinated passengers to sail

vino100

Maybe this will change when the updated vaccines come out in the fall but the currently dominant variant going around sure doesn’t seem to care about vaccination status.  6 of us were on the Wonder of the Seas last month and we were all either triple or quadruple vaxxed.  Covid didn’t care and sent everyone home with an unwanted souvenir except for me and that was only because I had picked it up just a month prior to the trip.

The CDC recently updated their advice and are no longer treating the unvaccinated differently than the vaccinated. Cruise lines are following this new data. Currently there are no % requirements. The unvaccinated are welcome onboard with no limitations other than those set forth by the countries visited). 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

The unvaccinated are welcome onboard with no limitations other than those set forth by the countries visited). 

Per the Carnival Corporation Press release:

"Unvaccinated guests are welcomed aboard and must provide results of a negative medically supervised or self-test taken within three days of embarkation."

I'm not sure how they define a self-test.  If it's the free ones from the Government how do you provide the results, unless they're referring to the tests you do online.

10 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Per the Carnival Corporation Press release:

"Unvaccinated guests are welcomed aboard and must provide results of a negative medically supervised or self-test taken within three days of embarkation."

I'm not sure how they define a self-test.  If it's the free ones from the Government how do you provide the results, unless they're referring to the tests you do online.

You can make a copy of the results when they (CVS, for example) are sent to you.

10 minutes ago, sansterre said:

You can make a copy of the results when they (CVS, for example) are sent to you.

Tests done at pharmacies like CVS are medically supervised.  I'm questioning what is a self-test and how does one provide proof of a negative result from the self-test?

3 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Tests done at pharmacies like CVS are medically supervised.  I'm questioning what is a self-test and how does one provide proof of a negative result from the self-test?

I guess take a photo of the stick showing only the one stripe--and make sure the lot number etc. are in the picture?