Obstructed View Balcony Staterooms Ovation of the Sea

They are fine.  You will have full view while standing at the railing.  Your view will be blocked by the top of lifeboats if you are sitting down on the balcony.

If you want cabins together, it is best to use a travel agent.  They can find these for you.  🙂 

1 hour ago, Royally Ready to cruise said:

Looking to book several staterooms on Ovation for Alaska.  Can anyone share their thoughts on rooms 7260 thru 7264?
Alaska is the one place we want a beautiful view but finding it tough to get rooms close together for our family. Ty!

There’s very little obstruction,only looking down you will see a obstruction.

• 5 months later...
5 minutes ago, geishagirl2 said:

Does anyone have info on obstruction for Ovation 7280?

There is basically no obstruction from any of the deck 7 cabins on Ovation other than the most forward 3 cabins that have the porthole balcony.  On all other Q class ships they are notclassified as obstructed and there is no difference from one ship to the other. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, geishagirl2 said:

Does anyone have info on obstruction for Ovation 7280?

I had 7260 on Ovation back in August.  It was listed as obstructed but, like @Ourusualbeach said, I can tell you that there is no obstruction worth talking about.  It was a great cabin.

This was our view.

IMG_2076.thumb.jpeg.78bec27b51f89660b388989889ee4ef8.jpeg

IMG_2077.thumb.jpeg.006c6049fc3c2e611179da70970236fb.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I had 7260 on Ovation back in August.  It was listed as obstructed but, like @Ourusualbeach said, I can tell you that there is no obstruction worth talking about.  It was a great cabin.

This was our view.

IMG_2076.thumb.jpeg.78bec27b51f89660b388989889ee4ef8.jpeg

IMG_2077.thumb.jpeg.006c6049fc3c2e611179da70970236fb.jpeg

I can't remember what 2 cabins we had in July but they were on deck 7 and our views were the same.  Best deal their is on Ovation. 

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

I can't remember what 2 cabins we had in July but they were on deck 7 and our views were the same.  Best deal their is on Ovation. 

I think way back in 2019 when we originally booked that cruise, which got cancelled in 2020 and lift and shifted all the way to 2022, you recommended the 7th deck obstructed for their value.  You couldn't have been more right!  

I'd book those 7th deck cabins on a quantum class again in a heartbeat.  Now deck 6... that's a different story.  Some of those are terribly obstructed.

• Like 1

Just now, Tree_skier said:

I think way back in 2019 when we originally booked that cruise, which got cancelled in 2020 and lift and shifted all the way to 2022, you recommended the 7th deck obstructed for their value.  You couldn't have been more right!  

I'd book those 7th deck cabins on a quantum class again in a heartbeat.  Now deck 6... that's a different story.  Some of those are terribly obstructed.

Unfortunately they are only clssed as obstructed on Ovation.  On all other Q class ships they are either 2D or 4D at a higher price point. 

• Like 1