Carnival Pride - 8 Days?

PinkSand26

Hi! I'm agonizing over which cruise to book. Can you help? LOL 

So we are going over Thanksgiving either

• Carnival Paradise out of Tampa 5 nights(2 stops Cozumel/ Grand Cayman)
  • Carnival Pride out of Tampa for 8 nights (Intinerary below)
  • Day 1:
    Tampa depart 4:00 PM
    Day 2:
    Fun Day At Sea
    Day 3:
    Cozumel arrive 8:00 AM - depart 5:00 PM
    Day 4:
    Costa Maya arrive 8:00 AM - depart 5:00 PM
    Day 5:
    Belize arrive 8:00 AM - depart 5:00 PM
    Day 6:
    Mahogany Bay arrive 8:00 AM - depart 3:00 PM
    Day 7:
    Grand Cayman arrive 10:00 AM - depart 6:00 PM
    Day 8:
    Fun Day At Sea
    Day 9:
    Tampa arrive 8:00 AM

I love the sound of 8 nights/more time and its not significantly more expensive, but we have two kids 6 and 9 - who do love cruising(they have been on one RCCL small cruise ship in early 2020). 

Do you think the Carnival Pride ship has enough to offer my kids won't get "bored"? There are 5 itinerary stops, so that in itself im sure will keep it going! 

Just wondering if anyone has been on either of these and has any thoughts on pros/cons for either with my family.

Thank you!

I was on the Pride in Europe in May and there really wasn't much to do on the ship if you do not get off in port.  However, I've also done that same 8 day itinerary and its really cool so I would say go for the Pride and enjoy the extra days!

• Like 1

My DDs did a Thanksgiving cruise, 8 days on Miracle at ages 9 and 11.  Our ports were St Lucia, St. Kitts and St Maarten.  They had plenty to do both on the ship and off.  I bet your kids will have a blast! Plus the older they get, the harder it is to take 8 day cruises when school is involved.  Have a great cruise!!

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, GeorgiaMomof4 said:

I’m looking at this same 8 day itinerary for New Year’s.  We are currently booked in the Mardi Gras 7 day for Thanksgiving.  Thinking about switching - any ideas? 

My family and I did the Mardi Gras this past Thanksgiving and we loved every minute of it!  Always something to do for all ages. 

I would always choose 8 days over 5.  We've cruised the Miracle, Pride and Legend - my kids ages were 10/3, 17/11, 21/15 - never were they bored.  But, my kids don't require constant stimulation/entertainment either.  Neither of them spent time in the kids clubs on any of those cruises because they just preferred to hang out with us or other family members.  There are pools, slides, games, etc.  

1 minute ago, PinkSand26 said:

I think you have all convinced me - when in doubt - take more days! lol! Thanks all!!

If you don't know what to do in Costa Maya, I have been twice to The Krazy Lobster.  Very relaxing, nice beach with barriers to keep seaweed away and $20 hour long massages on the beach!  Margaritas are yummy too! Take a taxi ($4 per person) and in about 10-15 minutes you'll be there.  The person getting massaged is my daughter.  Lunch is lobster.

beach.jpg

cat massage.jpg

lobster.jpg

view.jpg

• Like 1

First Mahogany Bay is a free private beach you can walk to. My grandson basically the same age loved the kids carnival waterworks on deck 11. He stayed there for hours. There are chairs for the adults to sit and watch. The Paradise has more of a drinking vibe than a longer cruise on the Pride. The two waterslides are in the same aft area.

We have a cruise on Pride for the end of November. They recently dropped our stop at the Caymen’s and exchanged it for Costa Maya. This was last week right before they relaxed the testing protocols. We are on the 7 day cruise. Don’t know if they may do the same for other Caymen stops or not.

8 hours ago, PinkSand26 said:

I think you have all convinced me - when in doubt - take more days! lol! Thanks all!!

Love the Pride. The Red Frog Pub has games in the back of it that we found seldom used, especially early in the cruise and early in the day. Kids might enjoy. Didn’t want you to miss them. 

• Like 1

On 8/18/2022 at 9:44 AM, ninjacat123 said:

If you don't know what to do in Costa Maya, I have been twice to The Krazy Lobster.  Very relaxing, nice beach with barriers to keep seaweed away and $20 hour long massages on the beach!  Margaritas are yummy too! Take a taxi ($4 per person) and in about 10-15 minutes you'll be there.  The person getting massaged is my daughter.  Lunch is lobster.

beach.jpg

cat massage.jpg

lobster.jpg

view.jpg

Sold!!! 

• Like 2