LA & SD port transportation

Hi there, 

we will be visiting LA and SG with Princess in September and we will be docking at the World Cruise Center in LA.

We want to visit the Santa Monica/Pier area but the excursion is sold out. What will be our options to arrange our own transportation from the World Cruise Center to Santa Monica? We are a family with little kid so would Taxi be our best option? Are taxis readily available in the Cruise Centre area? How much would it cost us per trip and how long would it take with the traffics usually? Or if we get a Uber or Lyft, do they require child seat?

For SG, we want to visit the zoo but again the excursion is sold out. I checked Google maps and see the port is relatively close to the zoo so I guess Taxi is probably our best option here, or would anyone recommend getting there by bus?

thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, CruisingRagdoll said:

What will be our options to arrange our own transportation from the World Cruise Center to Santa Monica? We are a family with little kid so would Taxi be our best option? Are taxis readily available in the Cruise Centre area? How much would it cost us per trip and how long would it take with the traffics usually? Or if we get a Uber or Lyft, do they require child seat?

I would just Uber/Lyft Traditional taxis aren't really a thing there anymore-- I spend a lot of time in LA and cant remember the last time I saw one.

There are sometimes I visit family in Santa Monica for a few days and don't even rent a car from the airport anymore-- just Uber most places. When you factor in parking and gas it can actually be less expensive than renting. 

Uber from San Pedro to Santa Monica in an UberX is going to be somewhere around $45 each way. 

Uber to the SD Zoo. I highly recommend spending the entire day in Balboa Park. In addition to the zoo, it’s home to a dozen museums and numerous gardens. It’s the largest urban cultural park in the country. The facades on the buildings were used in the movie Citizen Kane to represent Kane’s fictional palatial estate of Xanadu. It’s worth a walk along The Prado, the park’s main walkway, just to experience the architecture.

• 4 months later...