Princess Introduces Bidding For Upgrades

Syracusefan44

• 9 months later...
11 minutes ago, chrysalis said:

It all depends on what cabins are available.....

not really, as per people who have posted that they bid on cabins showing no availability ... but ... those cabins 'may' become available as people in them upgrade.

seems like we were offered  3 cat upgrade bids - from balcony - to deluxe balcony, mini, RC mini - and maybe based on location such as mini forward less than mini mid aft?

18 minutes ago, voljeep said:

not really, as per people who have posted that they bid on cabins showing no availability ... but ... those cabins 'may' become available as people in them upgrade.

seems like we were offered  3 cat upgrade bids - from balcony - to deluxe balcony, mini, RC mini - and maybe based on location such as mini forward less than mini mid aft?

guess that I meant "available at some time before sailing"

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, chrysalis said:

guess that I meant "available at some time before sailing"

I guess I was saying that even if no cabins are available at the time of the bid - you can still bid at time, hoping a cabin becomes available in that CAT and your bid is accepted.  If none become available, then your bid is just dropped off - that's the way I understand it.  Maybe we are stating the same thing 2 different ways ... I dunno

• Like 1

5 hours ago, garkar87 said:

We booked an inside cabin, what cabins are available for upgrade bidding?  Will it offer suite?

Thank you

Nancy

Someone on another bidding thread said she observed 4 categories above current cabin category were offered. 

• Like 1

On 6/25/2023 at 4:05 PM, startedwithamouse said:

No. The highest you'll be offered is all balcony types. No mini-suite or above.

Received the bid offer and only 4 categories of balconies were included.  Funny their website says all categories will be available.   I put in a bid slightly higher than the minimum.   Fingers crossed. 

Nancy

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, garkar87 said:

Received the bid offer and only 4 categories of balconies were included.  Funny their website says all categories will be available.   I put in a bid slightly higher than the minimum.   Fingers crossed. 

Nancy

Maybe the other categories are fully or overbooked?

On 6/25/2023 at 4:05 PM, startedwithamouse said:

The highest you'll be offered is all balcony types. No mini-suite or above.

When did that change? We were offered mini-suite and above for our Enchanted cruise this past December when we were booked in a Deluxe Balcony.

42 minutes ago, paradiselivin1 said:

When did that change? We were offered mini-suite and above for our Enchanted cruise this past December when we were booked in a Deluxe Balcony.

Look at what I commented on. Inside can't bid on mini suite or above.

Was your original booking an inside cabin?Screenshot_20230628-155702_Chrome.thumb.jpg.cb1a3c820a5aed3805d74021090b5664.jpg

Edited by startedwithamouse

14 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Was your original booking an inside cabin?

No. As stated; Deluxe Balcony. I didn't know that there was a "cut-off" of cabins to bid on based on your original booked cabin. Guess I must have missed that somehow if it was posted when the bidding process was initiated. We were offered all 7 categories above ours and can't imagine why Princess wouldn't offer all cabins to anyone. I certainly wasn't interested in bidding on the Penthouse Suite at $2K+/pp but at least it was offered...

For my upcoming Sept. Japan cruise on Diamond Princess, yesterday when I viewed that cruise on the Princess website, it shows only Interior cabins still available, and all other categories showing "Sold out".  Also yesterday, I received an upgrade bid offer, in which I can bid from my Balcony cabin to mini-suites or club class mini-suites.  If it shows "sold out" on the website, how come I still received an upgrade bid offer?

19 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

For my upcoming Sept. Japan cruise on Diamond Princess, yesterday when I viewed that cruise on the Princess website, it shows only Interior cabins still available, and all other categories showing "Sold out".  Also yesterday, I received an upgrade bid offer, in which I can bid from my Balcony cabin to mini-suites or club class mini-suites.  If it shows "sold out" on the website, how come I still received an upgrade bid offer?

Possible cancelations?  

I’ve been through this process only twice so far.  In each instance, I booked ocean view and was offered three higher categories to bid on.  Nothing nicer than balconies. Currently I am being offered deluxe ocean view, balcony and deluxe balcony.

Edited by BamaVol

18 minutes ago, BamaVol said:

Possible cancelations?  

I’ve been through this process only twice so far.  In each instance, I booked ocean view and was offered three higher categories to bid on.  Nothing nicer than balconies. Currently I am being offered deluxe ocean view, balcony and deluxe balcony.

I agree.  Since the email said my upgrade bid acceptance can be up to embarkation day, if there are cancellations, Princess still accept upgrade bid to get more money.