Carnival celebration -January 2023

backnine05

Looking at cruises on the celebration in January and just curious if anyone knows why prices are so much less expensive even when compared to Feb or March? Just want to make sure it’s not going to still be under construction or something?

Guest BasicSailor
1 hour ago, Wennfred said:

She starts sailing in November 2022, way past the construction. It will be an old worn down ship by the time you get on her.

Ouch 😇

January is a great time to cruise.  It's post Christmas and before holidays in February and spring break.  Did 7 days on the Celebrity Edge in January of 2020 and 12 days on the Celebrity Apex in January of 2022.  Have 5 days on the Celebration booked for January of 2023 combined with 7 on the NCL Encore.  Also have 14 booked on the Celebration for January of 2024.

I love cruising in January, but now that we have kids it’s not really feasible. I’m sure a lot of others have the same issue. With higher demand goes higher prices. If you have the ability to cruise in January do it! 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, cellfree said:

We have B2B booked for January, great prices for new ship. Haven’t cruised on Mardi Gras yet so wanted to get on Celebration when new. 

I usually give it a year for then to hash out all of the problems when a new ship comes out.

Mardi Gras B2B Nov 2023. Will do Celebration in 2024, and then will be moving on to other brand ships.

Edited by Wennfred

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/19/2022 at 8:23 PM, backnine05 said:

Looking at cruises on the celebration in January and just curious if anyone knows why prices are so much less expensive even when compared to Feb or March? Just want to make sure it’s not going to still be under construction or something?

I think January is a little bit cheaper because the holidays are over and people go back to school. I always look in January because it's slightly less crowded and more adults than kids

• Like 1