Urgent help needed! Scheduled to leave today...stuck at the tire shop 100 miles from port!

blueskadoo

51 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Just because the tire light comes on doesn't mean you need to run to a shop a possibly  miss a cruise. What was wrong with jt? Low on air and a 3 minute fix? 

He filled it with air at Bucees and was going to try to press on, but in 15 minutes it came back on and was driving funny (14 psi will do that!), so he had to stop, which thankfully took him off where a tire shop was right off the exit. Apparently somewhere on his detour around I-95’s standstill traffic he picked up a screw that went in head first, making a bigger hole than what usually happens when you get a nail. Prayer and some presidents got his tire patched and back on the road… in about 30 minutes. Which is darn impressive and every minute counted! 

Edited by blueskadoo
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

I don’t think the cruise lines are allowing folks to catch up to the ship, and for security reasons I don’t think he can book passage on another ship for tomorrow.

Lucy did it. (Showing your age if you get this)

• Haha 1

Here’s a question for all. I found out the hard way. Had a flat and went to get the spare but after 5 years, it too was low on air. When was the last time you checked your spare for the correct tire pressure? Just sayin. You might be surprised.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Fun4Us2013 said:

Here’s a question for all. I found out the hard way. Had a flat and went to get the spare but after 5 years, it too was low on air. When was the last time you checked your spare for the correct tire pressure? Just sayin. You might be surprised.

I used to check it 2x a year, but I haven't since I got my current vehicle a year ago (I guess I should get on that!)...

• Like 1

Who knew one might learn something about cars on CC?

I had no idea they were selling cars with no spares and apparently some don't even have a designed in option for one.  I am buying a new truck as I write this and noticed on the sticker it mentioned "full size spare" which I don't recall seeing on stickers in the past.  Now I know why it was there, it's an important thing to have an many no longer have em.  

My DW and DD both have Subarus purchased in last couple years, I need to now see if they actually have spares or not, I'm worried what I am going to find.

Edited by PATRLR
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, rrraydon said:

I’m not a sky is falling type person. 

I mean why not book a stay two weeks before a cruise that’s a two hour drive away and stay there just in case…… 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

I'm kind of on same page as you. I live in Savannah and if sailing from Miami, Tampa or Port Canaveral I'm not wasting $150 or more for a hotel room night before. Just leave early enough to give yourself wiggle room for traffic, familiarize yourself with back roads/alternate routes as well.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fun4Us2013 said:

I have my tires rotated every 6K miles, the spare is part of the tire rotation

• Like 1