Saint Greg's New York City and Magic to Bermuda - Live - August 27-September 5 2022

Saint Greg

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Thanks for following. 

I do still have some videos to upload and post. I’ll do that here in the coming days. 

I am considering starting a thread on the New Orleans board to post hotel/food/drink info from my upcoming trips there.

I have at least six overnighters planned this fall/winter. The first one is less than two weeks away at the Intercontinental New Orleans.

The next cruise will be on the Celebration. I’ll post that link here as well so subscribe to this thread if you want alerts on all of those things.

Greg, I've really enjoyed following your adventures in NYC and on Magic - thank you so much. I'm looking forward to your future adventures!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, icft said:

Your reviews are the best Greg, done they way reviews should be done. You just report on things - kind of a Dragnet "just the facts, mam" without being cold but without preaching or whining.

Your experiences on this trip fall in line with our Carnival experiences since reopening though you seem to have encountered more negatives all on one cruise. We have encountered the inexplicable blocked doors making you walk your legs off to get where you want to be, the herds of cattle blocking the dining room with all the attention given to those without an assigned table, the inexplicable closed Serenity, the half hour wait at a specialty restaurant, etc. But this cruise seems to have had a greater accumulation of such things than usual.

May your next cruise be better.

Yeah, but he met his new BFF! 

Raphael! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Uber just sent me a breakdown of the $56 Uber ride showing almost 1/3 of it as taxes and fees.

Subtotal $38.53
RFK Bridge Manhattan to Queens/Bronx rr_rider_blue-Icon_15x15_2x.png $6.55
NY Congestion Fee rr_rider_blue-Icon_15x15_2x.png $2.75
LGA Airport Surcharge $2.50
Sales Tax rr_rider_blue-Icon_15x15_2x.png $4.22
NY State Black Car Fund rr_rider_blue-Icon_15x15_2x.png $1.43

3 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I don’t know about that. But maybe best Stewart forever. I hope there are other Stewart’s like him and I hope we all find them on every cruise. 

For us it was - hopefully will be - Christine on the Glory. We did five cruises during the last school year and she was our Steward for four of them. Outstanding!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, icft said:

For us it was - hopefully will be - Christine on the Glory. We did five cruises during the last school year and she was our Steward for four of them. Outstanding!

That’s good. I haven’t found one doing twice a day service or still delivering the fun times. Almost every one I’ve had since the restart has fought me when I ask for just evening service. They all want to get it done in the morning.

Thanks so much, Greg!  Hope you arrived home healthy.

My next cruise is on Magic, actually I think I have a couple booked on Magic in the next 6 months so it was great to get a refresher, doesn't seem like they moved anything LOL.

I enjoyed your adventure and I'm looking forward to your next one.  You do such a great job, I wish you could do cruise reviews as a day job!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Uber just sent me a breakdown of the $56 Uber ride showing almost 1/3 of it as taxes and fees.

Subtotal $38.53
RFK Bridge Manhattan to Queens/Bronx rr_rider_blue-Icon_15x15_2x.png $6.55
NY Congestion Fee rr_rider_blue-Icon_15x15_2x.png $2.75
LGA Airport Surcharge $2.50
Sales Tax rr_rider_blue-Icon_15x15_2x.png $4.22
NY State Black Car Fund rr_rider_blue-Icon_15x15_2x.png $1.43

Thank you for your contribution to NYC and NYS infrastructure funding.😃

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@Saint Greg Interesting review. I am pleased that you seemed to enjoy your visit to NYC and remained unscathed although you used the subway for most of your transportation during your stay. Good that you chose local eateries to sample the “cuisine” and did not visit an Olive Garden or Applebee’s once !

You did cover a lot of ground in the City and saw so many interesting sights. It seems that you put a lot of effort into researching what you wanted to experience on your visit.

With that being said, I am surprised that you apparent,y did not research much about Bermuda. My DH and I have visited Bermuda thirteen times,either by cruise or by a resort stay. While Horseshoe Bay is a pretty beach, it does attract tourists and it can become crowded. There are so many other beautiful beaches- Elbow Beach and Turtle Bay come to mind. There is more to Bermuda than theDockyard area and the Fun Golf course.

Taking the ferry from the Dockyard to Hamilton or St George’s is a great way to see the many small islands that make up Bermuda. There are interesting places to explore in Hamilton and Historic St George’s. There are also very good restaurants and bars located throughout Bermuda instead of confining oneself to the Frog and Onion Pub at the Dockyard.

If you do have an opportunity to visit Bermuda again, you may want to do some of your excellent research to fully enjoy that beautiful country.

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

@Saint Greg Interesting review. I am pleased that you seemed to enjoy your visit to NYC and remained unscathed although you used the subway for most of your transportation during your stay. Good that you chose local eateries to sample the “cuisine” and did not visit an Olive Garden or Applebee’s once !

You did cover a lot of ground in the City and saw so many interesting sights. It seems that you put a lot of effort into researching what you wanted to experience on your visit.

With that being said, I am surprised that you apparent,y did not research much about Bermuda. My DH and I have visited Bermuda thirteen times,either by cruise or by a resort stay. While Horseshoe Bay is a pretty beach, it does attract tourists and it can become crowded. There are so many other beautiful beaches- Elbow Beach and Turtle Bay come to mind. There is more to Bermuda than theDockyard area and the Fun Golf course.

Taking the ferry from the Dockyard to Hamilton or St George’s is a great way to see the many small islands that make up Bermuda. There are interesting places to explore in Hamilton and Historic St George’s. There are also very good restaurants and bars located throughout Bermuda instead of confining oneself to the Frog and Onion Pub at the Dockyard.

If you do have an opportunity to visit Bermuda again, you may want to do some of your excellent research to fully enjoy that beautiful country.

MJ🙋🏻

I definitely considered those things but after everything I did in NY which Included 55 miles of walking,  I just didn’t feel like running all over Bermuda. 

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Alaskabride said:

Loved your review!
I have never flown Spirit Airlines before. Will you please tell me a little more about the big seats in the front of the plane?  Do they have tables that pop out to hold your drink or computer? Thanks in advance for the info. 

For the front row the tray table comes out of the arm rest. There is a second row of big front seats where it comes from the seat in front. I personally prefer the front row. I think there's more room there. I flew first class on American and Alaska in May and I believe these seats are exactly the same except they did not have power or USB ports from what I could find.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2

I got my e-gift card refund from Carnival. I had an 189.99 card from Splendor that I applied on Magic. After my cruise cash, TA OBC, shareholder OBC, and the OBC they gave me for the noise in my ceiling, I used about $40 of my gift card and got $149.94 refund that I will apply in the future

649F928C-F90D-4204-8D30-116FE3C8BB60.thumb.jpeg.ddfde177e821d901c8f76634f0d0c912.jpeg .

• Like 12

22 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I picked up my mail today. It looks like they did hold most of my mail but they delivered at least once because I had three pieces of mail in my box when they should've held all of it.

Not surprised at all. Here our mailman feels mail must be delivered if it has been held for about 7 days.  Then he starts delivering it every day.  Thank you to our neightbor who keeps a look out and collects it if he delivers it.  Which happens at least 80% of the time.  And our head guy at the post office says it not a problem.  Yeah right!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, luv2trvlnow said:

... And our head guy at the post office says it not a problem.  Yeah right!

Surprised he would say that. Usually when you talk to a person with the Post Office they say that is terrible, something obviously went wrong, I'll look into it, then forget you were ever there as soon as you start to walk away.

The U.S. Postal Service is completely broken.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, icft said:

Surprised he would say that. Usually when you talk to a person with the Post Office they say that is terrible, something obviously went wrong, I'll look into it, then forget you were ever there as soon as you start to walk away.

The U.S. Postal Service is completely broken.

To me they just act like doing their job is optional. The last time I had them hold mail for a couple days they didn't hold anything. I went to pick it up and they said "I guess she delivered it. We don't have anything for you."

• Like 3