Last name on vax card and passport are different

Sdot

We just realized this with only a few days left before our carnival cruise. My wife got her vaccine before changing her last name (to mine).
Her passport was issued after the name change. So the last name on the vax card and the passport do not match. Will this be an issue? We have all the paperwork that shows that we requested a name change. Her DL still has the same name as the vax card.

I'm in the same boat. Vax card has maiden name, all IDs have my married name. 

I plan on taking name change paperwork.

Also, got my 2nd booster 2 days ago. They made me anew card with my married name. Pharmacist told me to take both cards when I get a chance,  and they will consolidate the cards. Hopefully the card will be under my married name.

When I first got my vaccination card I didn't even look at it. A few days before my first cruise after the restart I took it and my passport out and actually looked at it for the first time and saw the last name on the card wasn't mine.

In a panic we went back to Walgreens and spoke to the lady who I remembered being the one who gave me the card. She seemed shocked at the mistake but when I asked her for a new card with my last name she gave me the runaround about why she couldn't do that.

Ultimately she decided that since there was room on the card she just wrote my last name after the bogus last name. I had actually considered doing this myself lol.

I didn't know what else to do so just hoped for the best when boarding.

I worried for nothing, they looked at it and I boarded, no problem the next 2 cruises either.

If the pharmacy gives you the runaround like I got about issuing you another card have them add the new last name after the old last name like they did for me as a last resort.

11 hours ago, Sdot said:

We just realized this with only a few days left before our carnival cruise. My wife got her vaccine before changing her last name (to mine).
Her passport was issued after the name change. So the last name on the vax card and the passport do not match. Will this be an issue? We have all the paperwork that shows that we requested a name change. Her DL still has the same name as the vax card.

11 hours ago, Sdot said:

No, name change was done when she got her citizenship. We got married several years before that.

What a mess your wife has made out of her identity.

Bring all the documents that link her prior identities with her current one. Official Birth Certificate,  marriage license (shows where the new name comes from) , and the official name change document.

She may not be asked for the documentation tying the various names together for this cruise, but having the name change trail documentation together will help in other situations in the future (such as obtaining a Real ID compliant driver's license).