HELP PLEASE REGARDING SKY PRINCESS

azgrandmax3

We will be traveling on the Sky Princess, if you know does it have the automatic night lighting?

We recently travelled  a ship that had the feature and find it most annoying.

Is there a way to disable the feature.  Can the cabin steward disable?

Thank you in advance.

Joyce

Was just on the enchanted, and it didn't have anything like this. They're supposed to be super similar so you should be good, but could you elaborate a little more, because I'm going on the Emerald in December, and I think that people said that ship had it.

Thanks!

On 8/21/2022 at 8:42 PM, azgrandmax3 said:

BETTY CRUISER if I  may ask. Has there been any talk of an Ash problem on balconies? In particular the aft wake facing.  

Thanks again,

Joyce

Some years ago we had a Riviera Deck aft-facing balcony on the Royal Princess and the soot and smoke/fumes were so bad they made the balcony completely unusable to us.

I have followed this issue closely over the years, and read that Princess has undertaken various measures to try and remedy this problem on later builds, and to retrofit to the earlier ships.

So, we took a chance and booked a Dolphin Deck aft-facing cabin on the Sky Princess this past December and had almost no soot and no smoke/fumes at all. There was evidence of a few little black specks on the balcony loungers, which I suspect accumulated over time, and we took a pool towel to wipe them down the first few days before sitting down. But, it was so minimal that we stopped doing this and never had a problem.

We enjoyed the cabin so much we booked it again for next December. 

Hope that's helpful. 

• 2 weeks later...