Updated Protocols

On 8/22/2022 at 4:21 PM, ReneeFLL said:

If you had gone and been tested and it was covid (and been quarantined) and not a bad cold you would have received a partial refund like I did. Mine was very mild and not even in bed or miserable.

I guess some ships are doing it differently. They put me in an OV when I was quarantined. Inside would not have been fun unless people are used to them.

My Daughter had Sinus Infection on Jewel, was asked to stay in her Cabin for 24hrs and 2 CV Negative tests. They received a partial Refund for that. No complaints from her... Did notice that the Bank of Deck 3 Quarantine Cabins that are/were Blocked off with Wall/Door are available to Book in last releases(Serenade). So looks like Royal is ending the Dozens of "Covid Cabins"

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 2

On 8/22/2022 at 3:21 PM, ReneeFLL said:

I agree. Positive cases will probably go up, but it won’t keep me from cruising. They will still need a covid deck if they want to isolate passengers who are truthful about it.

If you had gone and been tested and it was covid (and been quarantined) and not a bad cold you would have received a partial refund like I did. Mine was very mild and not even in bed or miserable.

I guess some ships are doing it differently. They put me in an OV when I was quarantined. Inside would not have been fun unless people are used to them.

Wondering if refunds will still be in with no testing?

1 hour ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I don’t believe that I read anywhere that they want you to sail if you are sick.  Did I miss something?

I was referring to getting sick while already on board

Hence the discussion regarding quarantine cabins being needed

Edited by Finnsmom13

13 minutes ago, Finnsmom13 said:

I was referring to getting sick while already on board

Hence the discussion regarding quarantine cabins being needed

My husband was quarantined when he developed influenza on our Feb 2020 cruise. No refund for quarantined days. It didnt even occur to us to ask for ut

22 hours ago, lauraingalls said:

I am on your cruise as well (hi!) but they didnt ask me about our vaccination status. I made sure to ask because we have a mix of vaccinated and not. They didnt even ask me who was and wasnt.

Well hello! And I just have to say....your signature is fire 😂

On 8/24/2022 at 2:18 PM, KroozNut said:

Hearsay, anecdotal information that should be ignored.

@krooznut....I have to take issue with your statement.  Why would the port employee make up such a story? Or do you mean to imply that I made up that story? If so, that is a mean comment and I can assure you that is not the case.

2 hours ago, lynncarol said:

@krooznut....I have to take issue with your statement.  Why would the port employee make up such a story? Or do you mean to imply that I made up that story? If so, that is a mean comment and I can assure you that is not the case.

My point is that 2nd, 3rd, 4th hand anecdotal 'stories' like yours are unverifiable and only serve to unnecessarily concern people in the hyper-sensitive COVID world we live in these days. I'm not implying that you or anyone else made up the story, just that it really serves no useful purpose sharing it here unless it is first hand knowledge that is being conveyed.

• Like 3

On 8/22/2022 at 11:04 AM, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Things are changing again….

if you are vaccinated you no longer need testing for sailings of 9 nights or less.

B9EDE9A2-3D5A-4604-AFA8-C085A2D9FAED.jpeg

Will have look into this a little more when I get the time.