Updated Protocols

2 minutes ago, nelblu said:

There was a thread a month or so ago, that quoted Bayley mentioning a target of 80/20.  However, they should ask the question at booking time and not at check-in as to have better control.

I couldn't agree more - it'd be so heartbreaking to get nixed after being "allowed" to book in the first place. 

kidz_rn..I'm sure you know that neither stabbed or poked are correct terminologies but both have been used in descriptions.  I'll let it go at that.  We were vaccinated because our jobs required it.  Boosters have not been mandated for either of us by our employers.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, packedandready said:

Where did you find this? I haven’t seen it. Don’t want to miss anything. 

It was in an email most of us just got from Royal Caribbean.  Sounds like it's also also posted on their website.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bill29708 said:

anyone know why we now have to pay 40$ and register with the government of the Bahamas prior to going on a three-day cruise?

Are you sure that’s Bahamas? I see the requirement for Bermuda. Can you share the link? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, nelblu said:

There was a thread a month or so ago, that quoted Bayley mentioning a target of 80/20.  However, they should ask the question at booking time and not at check-in as to have better control.

Think they are beyond that goal of 80/20 now, with 95% US Pop 16yrs+ either Vax or had CV we are at different stage with most & soon all Requirements ending...

• Like 1

Wow.  We thought people would be dancing up and down doing flips and somersaults and singing hallelujah.  We certainly are.  Lot of Debbie Downers here.  Celebrate people!!!  NO MORE TESTING!!!  [uh, proctored anyway].  YAY!!!!!  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, LinRon3 said:

Wow.  We thought people would be dancing up and down doing flips and somersaults and singing hallelujah.  We certainly are.  Lot of Debbie Downers here.  Celebrate people!!!  NO MORE TESTING!!!  [uh, proctored anyway].  YAY!!!!!  

We are on Anthem from the 4th. Not YAY😠

Edited by zap99

3 hours ago, fredmdcruisers said:

……Keep that deck three open for quarantines  

I agree. Positive cases will probably go up, but it won’t keep me from cruising. They will still need a covid deck if they want to isolate passengers who are truthful about it.

3 hours ago, GetToLivin said:

Well, I think one thing to remember is that no one wants to sail sick (...I assume). Out of 9 cruises, I've had one I got a bad cold on mid-cruise (didn't want to get out of bed "bad"), and there's nothing more miserable than shelling out money for a cruise, only to be sick in your room. Here's hoping people are honest with their tests from the get-go.

If you had gone and been tested and it was covid (and been quarantined) and not a bad cold you would have received a partial refund like I did. Mine was very mild and not even in bed or miserable.

3 hours ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Until you end up booted from your balcony cabin on day 3 of 9 and end up in inside deck 3 quarantine. 

I guess some ships are doing it differently. They put me in an OV when I was quarantined. Inside would not have been fun unless people are used to them.

3 hours ago, Zawmor said:

Question..... Now that you no longer have to have a negative test for less than a 9 day cruise, what about BacktoBack cruisers  whose first leg is a 6 day then followed on same ship by an 8 day cruise  (total of 14 consecutive days).?   Don't need a test for 1st leg.  And don't need a test for the 2nd leg.  But you are on the ship for 14 days!

They quit testing b2b people the first week of May.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

If you had gone and been tested and it was covid (and been quarantined) and not a bad cold you would have received a partial refund like I did. Mine was very mild and not even in bed or miserable.

The sailing I got the cold was in April 2019, pre-covid19 and no partial-refunds back then (womp wompppp) 😉

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GetToLivin said:

The sailing I got the cold was in April 2019, pre-covid19 and no partial-refunds back then (womp wompppp) 😉

Sorry I thought it was during covid. It would suck being sick and no refund. Now that the rules have changed, I’m curious to see if they will still be giving refunds. I would hope so for the ones that admit they don’t feel well and do have covid and are quarantined.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, davekathy said:

We did a B2B in March and we both tested negative on the day before TAD and never got covid or even a cold when we returned home. No eason to test when we returned home. RT flights to SJ with layover and precruise hotel included. I guess we are part of the small group that hasn't had covid. Both of us are vaccinated 4Xs. Personal preference. Hopefully soon all intinaries will no longer require pre cruise testing. 

Yes, you are lucky. I knew I was going to test positive because I felt so bad. The day I arrived home from my cruise I was exhausted and had a headache but my battery had been stolen out of my car at the cruise port so I had to deal with AAA, the police and all of that for a few hours. I figured the exhaustion and the headache was due to that. I did test that night and was negative. When I woke up the next morning I was really sick and tested positive at that time.

6 hours ago, LinRon3 said:

Unless you are going overseas . 

6 hours ago, LinRon3 said:

That actually depends on the lenght of one's sailing.  We are sailing for 14 days in October and at this time we are still being required to test because the cruise is longer than 10 nights.  We are hoping that changes before embarkation.  Good news it can be a home test and we just have to show them the results before boarding.

On 8/22/2022 at 10:39 AM, lynncarol said:

Sadly, there are some people who will sail even if sick.  They feel they have paid their money and nobody will stop them.  One of the women who check folks in at embarkation told us about a man who after filling out his boarding form stating all was well, had hardly stepped away from the counter when he slumped over and began to vomit.  Employees rushed to his aid and found him to be feverish yet he still became outraged when denied boarding.

Hearsay, anecdotal information that should be ignored.

On 8/22/2022 at 1:59 PM, GetToLivin said:

I noticed that as well. When I made our reservations for our NYE cruise, the rep asked us our vax status, so maybe they're collecting that info up front? I wonder if they still plan to have some kind of vaxed to unvaxed ratio? Anyone else reading it that way?

I am on your cruise as well (hi!) but they didnt ask me about our vaccination status. I made sure to ask because we have a mix of vaccinated and not. They didnt even ask me who was and wasnt.

• Like 1