I Booked Under Buy One Get One 60% Off. Looked at Promotions on my Invoice and I Have Extra OBC that COULD be Taken Back?

Georgia_Peaches

Ok, here's a new one.  Hoping someone can explain.  So last week Celebrity was running a promotion for 2nd and 4th passengers sailing at 60% off of 1st and third person fares. We booked a Royal suite on Solstice for a March 2023 Mexican Riviera cruise.  My fare was regular price and DH's was 60% off...This made the RS suite quite affordable for us.  Today, my TA sent over the final copy of my invoice and under Promotions is read:

Premium Drink Package

Prepaid gratuities

Wifi

$600 Celebrity OBC ($300 PP)

$600 Celebrity OBC (extra)

and then the additional OBC from our TA

I was confused about the extra $600 OBC from Celebrity so I reached out to my TA.  She said it is part of that promotion BUT could be taken away if the price drops.  So I'm really confused by this.  If Celebrity takes back the extra $600 OBC in the event of a price drop does that mean they will automatically give me the newly priced fare in its place?  Usually I have to call and ask for a price adjustment and in that case, I understand if the OBC is reduced.  I've just never heard of it being done automatically.  

Appreciate any insight as I am still waiting to hear back from my TA.

no, I do not think it means that Celebrity will automatically take away  the $600 OBC.

I believe it means that if the price drops for an RS and you request a lower price for your booking that you might lose the $600 OBC.   Also your TA might also reduce their OBC.  

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

no, I do not think it means that Celebrity will automatically take away  the $600 OBC.

I believe it means that if the price drops for an RS and you request a lower price for your booking that you might lose the $600 OBC.   Also your TA might also reduce their OBC.  

Yes, this has been my experience as well.  Have heard back from my TA who also confirmed this.  The initial communication was unclear and made it sound like it was done automatically.  At any rate, I wasn't expecting the extra credit OBC.  I doubt the price will drop much more, I feel like we got a bargain as it is.

• Like 3

This was a surprise for me also. It's kind of funny because the initial OBC in my reservation was $300. Then a few days later, when I clicked on Shore Reservations, it was $900. The extra $600 wasn't reflected in the "Manage Reservation" area (still isn't). I called X (because I booked directly) and was told it was 'added manually.'  I requested a new Invoice and it was there as an added item.

I doubt they would take it back...that would be a rather bad impression for this 1st time X customer.

And I've bought shore excursions, etc...and it's been over a week since it was added. 

Not going to fret about it 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dlh015 said:

This was a surprise for me also. It's kind of funny because the initial OBC in my reservation was $300. Then a few days later, when I clicked on Shore Reservations, it was $900. The extra $600 wasn't reflected in the "Manage Reservation" area (still isn't). I called X (because I booked directly) and was told it was 'added manually.'  I requested a new Invoice and it was there as an added item.

I doubt they would take it back...that would be a rather bad impression for this 1st time X customer.

And I've bought shore excursions, etc...and it's been over a week since it was added. 

Not going to fret about it 🙂

No fretting here either!  Just looked at my cruise planner and sure enough, it says I have $1200 OBC to play with.  Woohoo!  I love it when the OBC fairy pays an unexpected visit! 😊

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

I also got a extra $600 OBC with BOGO60. I now have $1400 OBC. Still need to add RCL stock credit. Cruise is in April 2023.

NICE!  Just curious...were you aware of the extra $600 when you booked?  I was not so it's what prompted my question to my TA in the first place.

Being visited by the OBC Fairy is always a nice surprise. I'm still not sure how we ended up with $1,400 OBC for our cruise next year. When I do the math on all the promos, I come up with $1,200 so who knows where the extra $200 came from. Not complaining. 😁

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

NICE!  Just curious...were you aware of the extra $600 when you booked?  I was not so it's what prompted my question to my TA in the first place.

I had emailed our TA to reprice this cruise. Our cruise was costing $9157 with $800 OBC. After repricing with BOGO60. Cruise costing $7999 with $1400 OBC. OBC is all from Celebrity. I did not know I was going to get more OBC.

Receipt_2022-08-23_120121.jpg

Receipt_2022-08-23_112956.pdf

Edited by bigbenboys
added photo
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, cdn_tbird said:

Being visited by the OBC Fairy is always a nice surprise. I'm still not sure how we ended up with $1,400 OBC for our cruise next year. When I do the math on all the promos, I come up with $1,200 so who knows where the extra $200 came from. Not complaining. 😁

Is $1200 in US$ and the $1400 in Cdn$?