Elite Boarding

cruisepest

4 hours ago, paradiselivin1 said:

It's varied in FLL. I've had situations where the previous cruise was late in getting departing passengers off of the ship and they did not recognize Elite/Platinum but had everyone line up as they arrived. I did go to the head of the line to ask but was rebuffed and sent to the end of the line.🥴

Not good.  Bad form there and they should have done the priority boarding.  I'd be fuming mad if I expected to get on and get Sanctuary.

3 hours ago, jwattle said:

In March in San Pedro, Elites and Suites were in one area, Platinums were in a separate one, and then the general were in another...

In my experience Elites & Suites are together as they board together.  There is no separation of those two groups.  Platinums have lower letter codes and are not called at the beginning.  East Coast.

• Like 1

It is true that T2 in PE has lots of room for Suites & Elites upstairs and the open area near the gangways used to be Platinum seating.  Everyone else downstairs.  The other terminals Princess uses over in the southport area are not as large, so I am not sure where they put everyone now.  Last time we were there, people were held outside IIRC.  There was a small seating area for priority boarding.  We were lucky to be upstairs in the vicinity when it began.  T2 is the best situation for sure.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Not good.  Bad form there and they should have done the priority boarding.  I'd be fuming mad if I expected to get on and get Sanctuary.

The same thing happened to us on an NCL cruise out of Seattle.  We had a suite which was supposed to have a dedicated check-in line for suite PAX.  Nope.  There was the sign but nobody working the position.  While we patiently waited, more and more people were getting into the main general check-in line.  I finally found a supervisor and said we paid extra for this benefit, and we wanted to use it.  The supervisor apologized and he personally checked us in.  I was still put out by the lack of organization.

24 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

The same thing happened to us on an NCL cruise out of Seattle.  We had a suite which was supposed to have a dedicated check-in line for suite PAX.  Nope.  There was the sign but nobody working the position.  While we patiently waited, more and more people were getting into the main general check-in line.  I finally found a supervisor and said we paid extra for this benefit, and we wanted to use it.  The supervisor apologized and he personally checked us in.  I was still put out by the lack of organization.

Good thing you self-advocated.  I now recall needing to do the same thing once when we had to arrive late at T2 and the Platinum seating upstairs was filled and I was trying to figure out where the overflow was so we weren't in the herd downstairs (first and only time that happened).  Finally caught a Princess person who directed us around the throng when boarding began.  I think it was our first time on Regal and we had added on a 5-day short trip ahead of a 7-nighter and I think we had to wait until the 7-nighter to get decent amount of Sanctuary.  And, that is also when I realized very little shaded area on Royal Class ship, so not such a priority for me any longer.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2022 at 4:43 PM, cruisepest said:

Does Princess still have the Elite and Suite Boarding line?

Can you tell its been 3 years since we sailed?

Please return and let the group know which cruise terminal you are embarking.  That would help pin point more accurate information.

We got to the port of Seattle around 11:00- 11:30...went through check in and started to head to the Elite Lounge so I asked one of the workers where it was.  He directed us and our family to go right ahead and board the ship!  Of course there were no big crowds at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruiserdru said:

So, how does choosing an arrival time in the Medallion fit in with all of this? We have an arrival time of 1100-1130 but somewhere I saw 1230 boarding.

It doesn't really make much difference although I suppose assigning a boarding time does even out the arrival time (and congestion) for lots of folks.

@cruisepestSan Pedro has a separate room for Elite and suite passengers.  They will have awful coffee, tea, and pastries.  There is an overflow section right outside.  Depending on the “guides”, they usually allow the passengers in the room to board first.  Normally, both Elite and suite board together.  

In-transit passengers trump all.  

Disclaimer:  this is the procedure for the short pier with the terminal building.  The earliest I was let into the building was 10 AM.  

On 8/24/2022 at 2:55 PM, Steelers36 said:

Was a bit miffed. Mid-day, full sun, toasty warm. Not to mention the "stink-eye" that I was getting from the other pax at the front of the co-mingled line as I walked forward to check things out....